* BC vs. Liberty..BC Wins/Comments*

I am a firm believer in Keeping It Simple... 1) If you have players with ability, then use them.  2) Don't try to do "out smart" or "out think" the other team... Just stick to what you know you can do.  I hope politics aren't playing a role in all of this and that the best players are the ones that are out there on the field, otherwise we are cheating ourselves and cheating these kids.  High School football should be the purest form of football and it would be a shame if it was tarnished by the greediness and selfishness of the few.  Go Cards!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New name?  LOL!  And no, guess you don't hear very well, no one is whining about a certain player not getting enough playing time or being in the limelight.  There was a question asked as to why a player doesn't get the ball when he HAS proven himself for two years, but I guess you don't understand that.  And it is football, a team should use whatever they have to become better, not take a player that is good and totally take them out of the game.  Or guess little Bobby might not look as good if someone does something well, so the idea is not to ever throw them the ball..........................now that's building a program!  And please.............played an awesome game?  Defense looked good, offense wasn't impressive at all, with the difference in the two kickoff returns which were great and the throw from a player that someone wants to shut down to Dishon.  And how well do you think the team will do against  WOS, Silsbee, HJ, OF?  Maybe they will win one game in district, like last year?  And you as a fan are so happy with that?  So if you think someone is whining, so be it, it is ignorant that they don't use what they have on the field because of stupidity, jealousy, whatever the reason is,  and its because of people like you that are happy with a shabby offense and winning one district game that makes it "awesome" and as long as so and so is on the field playing a key position, doesn't matter how bad they play, you are happy.  That's a shame too because of the talent that IS on this team.  BC should be much better than they are with the players they have and that includes the new younger guys who have already shown what they bring to the table.  

Nobody can take you serious when you keep saying they won 1 District game last year, They won 2 District games to OF and HF, Not saying that's much better than 1 but had to point that out...

Guest bleed orange

I should not even comment on this but I am compelled too. There are politics in every school. I promise you coaches play players to win, plain and simple because they know whether you have talent or not it is about winning and keeping a job. They are no different than corporate America. Perform are lose you job. What is sad is people don't look at a coach who preparing young people for life in the real world. All they care about is the win. Sometimes the talent is just not there. I am not saying this is the case. All I am saying is people don't look at the big picture. Coaches who prepare kids for life is a rarity in this day and time. But they are out there. The other day I was going to see my son and noticed WOS varsity was in full pads on a Thursday and they played Nederland on Friday. That is the difference. I am sure it was just a walk through but it is a lot hotter with pads on. If the white kids had to do this they would wine. They would go home and tell their parents and then the parents would complain that the kids are being worked to hard. Well That is why WOS has not lost a district game in, well since they dropped to 3A. Also Newton would wipe the floor with most 21 3A teams. WOS and Newton are "Old School" and that is why they are heads and tails above everyone else.  Huckaby at Orangefield is "Old School" he will turn that program around if the parents let him. Go ahead and smite me. Also the kids have played "One Game" and all this crap is being said. It is sad.  :'(  I have heard remarks like the quarterback won't throw to this kid and that kid. Girls do that not boy's. Boy's put their differences aside for the good of the team.

I should not even comment on this but I am compelled too. There are politics in every school. I promise you coaches play players to win, plain and simple because they know whether you have talent or not it is about winning and keeping a job. They are no different than corporate America. Perform are lose you job. What is sad is people don't look at a coach who preparing young people for life in the real world. All they care about is the win. Sometimes the talent is just not there. I am not saying this is the case. All I am saying is people don't look at the big picture. Coaches who prepare kids for life is a rarity in this day and time. But they are out there. The other day I was going to see my son and noticed WOS varsity was in full pads on a Thursday and they played Nederland on Friday. That is the difference. I am sure it was just a walk through but it is a lot hotter with pads on. If the white kids had to do this they would wine. They would go home and tell their parents and then the parents would complain that the kids are being worked to hard. Well That is why WOS has not lost a district game in, well since they dropped to 3A. Also Newton would wipe the floor with most 21 3A teams. WOS and Newton are "Old School" and that is why they are heads and tails above everyone else.  Huckaby at Orangefield is "Old School" he will turn that program around if the parents let him. Go ahead and smite me. Also the kids have played "One Game" and all this crap is being said. It is sad.  :'(  I have heard remarks like the quarterback won't throw to this kid and that kid. Girls do that not boy's. Boy's put their differences aside for the good of the team.

excuse me???

"If the white kids had to do this they would wine. They would go home and tell their parents and then the parents would complain that the kids are being worked to hard."

you really need to choose your words wiser...

[table][tr]

[td]21-3A[/td]

[td]  Ovr.[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]  Dist.[/td]

[td][/td]       

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Team(ADM)[/td]

[td]W[/td]

[td]L              [/td]

[td]W[/td]

[td]L[/td] 

[/tr] 

[tr]   

[td]Bridge City(707)[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]   

[td]Silsbee(843.5)[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]   

[td]West Orange-Stark(691)            [/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]   

[td]Hamshire-Fannett(568)[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]   

[td]Hardin-Jefferson(662)[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]   

[td]Orangefield(521)[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

This is racial beyond racial. Check out the white boys from Katy and see how they cant handle the heat.  And your a Moderator. And to add to that BC has spanked Newton a time or two in the past.

he's going to only believe what he's around...

it's all good...

let him take a trip to BC on a thursday evening and see that BC (mostly white) is in pads as well,

but if he wants to stay in WOS and make very racist comments as he has then so be it...

Guest bleed orange

Do you see Modeator by my name? No you do not, it says donator. I am from Orangefield.(Bleed Orange Duh!!) What does race has to do with this? Nothing!!!!!! Put up or shut up, plain and simple. You are the ones complaining about the coaches and this kid is not playing enough and so on. What is wrong with BC? You guys have answered that by your post on this thread. Instead of supporting your team you get on here and question the coaches and the kids also. Would you guys like for me to repeat some of the things that was said?

well i guess i am the one that started all of this because i asked the question (why the rhodes kid didnt get thrown to) first let me say i am just a fan and have no kids in school have never had a kid play football for bridge city...but i have been to probably 95 % of all games for the last 30 years....and all of my opinions are bias and are made from observation.....if you are going to run the spread offense then are you suppose to spread the ball around and get it to your best receiver a good majority of the time....and i am not bashing lemoine but he isnt real accurate...i really dont thnk anyone on here is whining....just think they are given an opinion.....and bleed orange is right.....wether they are white, black ,orange or green if you baby the players then ypou are not going anywhere....one example and i am not bashing the kid..but when liberty scored one of there td's on 4th and like 20 the coahces should have been in his face about letting the receiver get behind you on that play.....i hardly ever see the coaches coach during the game....mayb i am wrong but there doesnt seem to be any enthusiam on any of the coaches part....jmo

Guest bleed orange

two words: Bayou Bowl  :D

Well the last two years the bayou bowl has meant who comes in last place? That is something to be proud about. Hey, Bridge city beat Orangefield or Orangefield beat Bridge City. Wow, winning that trophy makes a whole season. Yes, that is special for each school. How about lets beat WOS or Silsbee. We can, and we will someday. The Bayou bowl is overrated. District championships are not.

New name?  LOL!  And no, guess you don't hear very well, no one is whining about a certain player not getting enough playing time or being in the limelight.  There was a question asked as to why a player doesn't get the ball when he HAS proven himself for two years, but I guess you don't understand that.  And it is football, a team should use whatever they have to become better, not take a player that is good and totally take them out of the game.  Or guess little Bobby might not look as good if someone does something well, so the idea is not to ever throw them the ball..........................now that's building a program!  And please.............played an awesome game?  Defense looked good, offense wasn't impressive at all, with the difference in the two kickoff returns which were great and the throw from a player that someone wants to shut down to Dishon.  And how well do you think the team will do against  WOS, Silsbee, HJ, OF?  Maybe they will win one game in district, like last year?  And you as a fan are so happy with that?  So if you think someone is whining, so be it, it is ignorant that they don't use what they have on the field because of stupidity, jealousy, whatever the reason is,  and its because of people like you that are happy with a shabby offense and winning one district game that makes it "awesome" and as long as so and so is on the field playing a key position, doesn't matter how bad they play, you are happy.  That's a shame too because of the talent that IS on this team.  BC should be much better than they are with the players they have and that includes the new younger guys who have already shown what they bring to the table.  

sounds like you are the only one with the stupidity jealousy problem to me....you make my head tired too!!!!

HA!  Nope, I don't have one thing to be jealous about as far as this subject is concerned and that is evident time and time again. 

Thanks for the laugh.

Guest bleed orange

The other day I was going to see my son and noticed WOS varsity was in full pads on a Thursday and they played Nederland on Friday. That is the difference. I am sure it was just a walk through but it is a lot hotter with pads on. If the white kids had to do this they would wine. They would go home and tell their parents and then the parents would complain that the kids are being worked to hard. Well That is why WOS has not lost a district game in, well since they dropped to 3A.

i'm  pretty sure everyone is in full pads the day before the game (reguardless of race). The reason WOS is so good is because they have one of the biggest enrollments in 3A have always had so much talent to work with and and a coach that has been there forever and has a system that works. I guarantee you WOS does not work any harder than alot of teams in this area. And as for the comment about white kids, that's completely absurd for someone to say especially for an adult with a kid that plays football. In my opinion you're no different than any of the other band-wagon riding "t-shirt" fans if that's the way you think about football.

Lets see, "NO" most teams do not practice in full pads the day before the game. "NO" WOS does not have one of the biggest enrollments in 3A. Yes , I do agree they do have talent and a coach being there forever helps. But, Hooks is Old School and so are the parents and that is the edge. It is Hooks way are the highway. There is no in between. That is the difference. By the way you are wrong again. My kids are out of school. When they was in school I supported that coach and teacher 100%, no matter what. My kids were wrong and they were right. You have no clue what I am about. I know more about football than you will ever know.

Guest bleed orange

I don't see the Orangefield Bobcats being district champs any time soon.

Touche, I don't see the Bridge City Cardinals being District champs anytime soon either. But I do hope one of us is and knocks WOS off their throne.

Nobody can take you serious when you keep saying they won 1 District game last year, They won 2 District games to OF and HF, Not saying that's much better than 1 but had to point that out...

[/q

I stand corrected, and you know this is so ridiculous, and everyone is so quick to accuse me aof whinning, wearing the scarlet letter beause I stated an opinion, and it's all becuase no one can answer the question at least not honestly so the attention need to be adverted from the real point of why this kid is not getting the ball at all.  Is BC's offense so great that they don't need to use him, or do some of you think  that a kid runs his routes time and time again, gets open but doesnt' get the ball thrown to him at all is "teamwork".  And people are noticing so some jomp on here and try to justify this by accusing people of whining, and all the other stuff they like to add but no one has given a reason at all.  But guess that isn't surprising considering.   

I definately agree with Champ! There is no way that WOS's success comes from some "old school" coaching.  The talent on their team is easily head and shoulders above everybody in their district and possibly the whole class 3A.  We've had to play them every year and it's completely ridiculous how fast those kids get through the holes and get downfield.  I also think that this "bleedorange" guy is completely ignorant!!!!  Oh, and i've also never seen a team that didn't go full pads on thursdays before the game.

Guest bleed orange

I definately agree with Champ! There is no way that WOS's success comes from some "old school" coaching.  The talent on their team is easily head and shoulders above everybody in their district and possibly the whole class 3A.  We've had to play them every year and it's completely ridiculous how fast those kids get through the holes and get downfield.  I also think that this "bleedorange" guy is completely ignorant!!!!  Oh, and i've also never seen a team that didn't go full pads on thursdays before the game.

You apparently have not seen too many teams.

The other day I was going to see my son and noticed WOS varsity was in full pads on a Thursday and they played Nederland on Friday. That is the difference. I am sure it was just a walk through but it is a lot hotter with pads on. If the white kids had to do this they would wine. They would go home and tell their parents and then the parents would complain that the kids are being worked to hard. Well That is why WOS has not lost a district game in, well since they dropped to 3A.

i'm  pretty sure everyone is in full pads the day before the game (reguardless of race). The reason WOS is so good is because they have one of the biggest enrollments in 3A have always had so much talent to work with and and a coach that has been there forever and has a system that works. I guarantee you WOS does not work any harder than alot of teams in this area. And as for the comment about white kids, that's completely absurd for someone to say especially for an adult with a kid that plays football. In my opinion you're no different than any of the other band-wagon riding "t-shirt" fans if that's the way you think about football.

Lets see, "NO" most teams do not practice in full pads the day before the game. "NO" WOS does not have one of the biggest enrollments in 3A. Yes , I do agree they do have talent and a coach being there forever helps. But, Hooks is Old School and so are the parents and that is the edge. It is Hooks way are the highway. There is no in between. That is the difference. By the way you are wrong again. My kids are out of school. When they was in school I supported that coach and teacher 100%, no matter what. My kids were wrong and they were right. You have no clue what I am about. I know more about football than you will ever know.

look i'm not going to get into a childish argument on the internet because honestly, the 2 biggest enrollments in 21-3A are 1)Silsbee and 2)WOS don't believe me? look it up. And you can't honestly sit here and tell me WOS's "old school" approach is their "edge". You don't think their edge were athletes like Beasley, Thomas, DPG, Andre Bevil... the list goes on. that's their edge.

Actually, Bridge City is the second largest school in 21-3A. Here are the enrollment numbers:

1. Silsbee  843.5

2. Bridge City  707

3. West Orange-Stark  691

4. Hardin-Jefferson  662

5. Hamshire-Fannett  568

6. Orangefield    521

Other than Silsbee, everyone else is pretty simular in numbers as far as a whole district is concerned.

I played at Orangefield and was on the varsity for 3 years...not once did I ever practice in full pads on a Thursday. It was always shorts, shoulder pads and helmet on the game field. We'd walk through everything we had worked on for the week and do special teams. We'd also end every Thursday practice with our two minute offense drill...that was about it!!!

Guest bleed orange

wos still has more talent to choose from than any other school. thats why they win in district like they do. its not because of some foolproof game plan they have. All they do is spread the field, and use their speed and athletes. Am i wrong?

I do agree with you somewhat. But you have to have coaching also. Lincoln aways had talent also. But they never won like WOS does. There has to be discipline in there somewhere and I promise you Hooks and his staff instills that quality. WOS does dominate 21 3A but not 3A in general. Only a state championship would solve that and that has not happened yet since dropping to 3A. Look I know kids at other schools work hard also. Coaches cannot coach the way they did 30 years ago. Dan Hooks still does. That is a plus for their program and the athletes they have of course.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder