Biggest powerhouse in area?

Who has had the most success in their sport?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who has had the most success in their sport?

• Ozen Basketball
    • WOS Football
    • Dayton Football
    • Silsbee Basketball
    • Central Track
    • HJ Basketball
    • other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus far Ozen Basketball followed closely by Dayton Football.

How do you put Dayton football above wos football?

The big question is 'what have you done for me lately'.  When was the last time they have been to State?  Yes, they do run through the regular season like a fat person through a buffet, but what happens in the playoffs?  Dayton have been doing good!  They even made a very deep run with a backup QB.  When the Blue chipper QB came back from Injury, they went on to march to state.  

The big question is 'what have you done for me lately'.  When was the last time they have been to State?  Yes, they do run through the regular season like a fat person through a buffet, but what happens in the playoffs?  Dayton have been doing good!  They even made a very deep run with a backup QB.  When the Blue chipper QB came back from Injury, they went on to march to state. 

Yes but count state championships. Or playoff appearances for the past 10 years.

Why is HJ basketball ahead of Ozen???

Homers. We all know HJ wouldn't fare well if Central and Ozen were in their district. Not saying they wouldn't slip one in occasionally but they'd be third year in and year out.

I went to hf, just know that hj has been good in basketball for a while now...not saying that the others haven't...

Homers. We all know HJ wouldn't fare well if Central and Ozen were in their district. Not saying they wouldn't slip one in occasionally but they'd be third year in and year out.

What if HJ had another 500 enrollment?

Is it still true than anyone in BISD can attend Ozen? If so that would mean they are selecting a BB team from nearly 6000 students.

Guest bleed orange

WOS by far in football and Kountze in basketball. Enrollment has nothing to do with this. The most successfull programs in their respective sport is the two I mentioned above.

I went to hf, just know that hj has been good in basketball for a while now...not saying that the others haven't...

HJ is fantastic in basketball I'm not arguing that I'm just saying year in and year out I'd expect Ozen to do better than HJ.

WOS is definitely the most consistant in football and Ozen & Kountze in basketball, we'll see if Ozen can continue without their coach, Dayton has been good the last two maybe three years but before that they were spotty, they made the play offs alot but never had much success till recently, I remember in 04 calling off the dogs at half time at Rice Stadium.

Since Coach Stewart arrived at DAYTON in 1996 he has taken the Broncos to 13 straight playoff berths w/last 2 yrs.back to back semi-final berths,losing to Austin Lake Travis-beating Kerrville Tivy,then losing to state champion Sulphur Springs,Setting the all-time scoring record for a 11 man state game.Dayton proved in 06-07 in 20-4A Who gonna whup dem broncos.1 loss by 1 point 8-7.Who out there in any sport can match this.If you go to the history site and tally points scored vs.points allowed since 2006 year you would vote Dayton.WOS has been the big daddy under all of Hooks career.Stewart has a better record hands down lately.

Guest EagleFan01

The big question is 'what have you done for me lately'.  When was the last time they have been to State?  Yes, they do run through the regular season like a fat person through a buffet, but what happens in the playoffs?  Dayton have been doing good!  They even made a very deep run with a backup QB.  When the Blue chipper QB came back from Injury, they went on to march to state. 

Yes but count state championships. Or playoff appearances for the past 10 years.

Well if you do that than Newton Football. Ten Straight Playoff apperances from 1998-2008, Three state title games winning two of them. 9 district Championships. Hard to argue with that success

Since Coach Stewart arrived at DAYTON in 1996 he has taken the Broncos to 13 straight playoff berths w/last 2 yrs.back to back semi-final berths,losing to Austin Lake Travis-beating Kerrville Tivy,then losing to state champion Sulphur Springs,Setting the all-time scoring record for a 11 man state game.Dayton proved in 06-07 in 20-4A Who gonna whup dem broncos.1 loss by 1 point 8-7.Who out there in any sport can match this.If you go to the history site and tally points scored vs.points allowed since 2006 year you would vote Dayton.WOS has been the big daddy under all of Hooks career.Stewart has a better record hands down lately.

How so? When was the last time Hooks lost a district game? A predistrict game? Both longer ago than dayton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317