The Mustang Mile photo slideshow/VIDEO OF MUSTANG MILE

why are these guys so hyped up i really dont understand? is it because they win a weak district every year? what about when they get to the playoffs and run into gilmer, carthage, and the waco la vega's not much of a powerhouse then please stop hyping these guys up its gettiing ridiculous honestly

why are these guys so hyped up i really dont understand? is it because they win a weak district every year? what about when they get to the playoffs and run into gilmer, carthage, and the waco la vega's not much of a powerhouse then please stop hyping these guys up its gettiing ridiculous honestly

Oh, my bad. I forgot that Gilmer (State Finalist), Wimberly(State Champion), Giddings(State semifinalist) Waco LaVega(State Semifinalist), arent powerhouses we lost to. Now run along and try to atleast make the playoffs. ::) And we didnt even play Carthage. ::)

??? What has Ozen done?? How many years have yall been past the first round of the playoffs?? Jealousy is a b****. Too bad yall dont have the "Hype" to do anything. :'(

We win district every year in basketball and never get shown love like this....See my point kicker? Im not jealous at all honestly if any school should be getting all the hype in football i think it should be central

??? What has Ozen done?? How many years have yall been past the first round of the playoffs?? Jealousy is a b****. Too bad yall dont have the "Hype" to do anything. :'(

We win district every year in basketball and never get shown love like this....See my point kicker? Im not jealous at all honestly if any school should be getting all the hype in football i think it should be central

Im sorry, I thought this was a football thread my bad. ;D

So why should Central be getting all the hype? WOS does every year what Central did one year and now they should be getting all the talk? Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with Central getting it. Just concerned why you think WOS shouldn't. I see quite a bit of hype across this board for different teams, too. So why did you bead in on this one? Maybe kicker hit the nail on the head... ;)

They are hyped because they are successful year in and year out.  Winning breeds winning and these kids look forward every year to outdo the ones before them, they have a tradition to keep alive.  You may as well find a winning band wagon to jump on because it's obvious you don't have one.  Hopefully one day you'll be able to enjoy something besides mediocrity, winning is pretty cool.

i figured i wouldnt get a good response to my question...

i figured i wouldnt get a good response to my question...

It was a good response.  There's a basketball thread where you can search for "all the love" due Ozen's basketball team.  Even if you find it there, it will never equal what you see here.  The fans' enthusiasm for their football teams (for all schools) will always overwhelm what you see for basketball, even one as successful as Ozen's.  Football is king. 

Not to mention that in recent years they have won that very WEAK 3A district easily, and have also beaten the district champion of the also very WEAK 4A district that ozen and central plays in.  We beat Dayton every year that they DOMINATED yall's district.  WOS don't get to pick their district opponents, but they do get to pick preseason games, and as you can see they don't back down from no competion.  They always choose to play and scrimmage the powerhouses from higher classifications, and usually do pretty well.  Where have you been finest?  Everyone knows that WOS is the OFFICIAL Measuring Stick of Southeast Texas football, much like Ozen's basketball team.  Not taking anything from any other team, but every coach in this area feels that if you can beat WOS, you have a good chance against anyone.  It is what it is.  Good Luck to all.

Don't know what all the fuss is about.When you have a good football team you get the hype.PNG,Nederland,Central,Ozen,WB and others when they have good teams they are talked about a lot also.WO-S fields a compeitive team year after year due to hard work and coaching.They have erned it.

The highest winning percentage in the state in ANY classification is reason enough for hype.  And they aren't just winning by a small margin.......and it doesn't look to end anytime soon.....

Ozen has had plenty of chances to be on top in football....why haven't they?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder