should instant re-play be used in HS Football?

this has been brought up a few times

currently watching the NED vs Magnolia game from the archives and the thought of this popped in my mind after i saw a magnolia player clearly fumble but they gave the ball back to them.

I think it would cost some money but im all for instant re-play in HS Football.

You guys really can't be serious about this replay business. If I am not mistaken, not every high school football game has tv cameras rolling at their games. ::)

The UIL would not implement a rule that would not be used in every game. Some, and I repeat some 5A and 4A schools could have this available but I can't see it at Chester, Sabine Pass, Evadale, ect. ect. ect. Heck, you people expect a WOS or other schools who are financially strapped to be able to afford cameras and crews for this to work. Jeez! ::)

Not applicable at all to the high school game. For the most part I feel high school officials do a decent job. I know for one thing most of the smaller schools say from big 3A down could for sure not afford something like this and even most of the smaller 4A's. Not to mention how much more time it would make the games. I am from the Panhandle and sometimes Amarillo teams have to go 4 hours to San Angelo to play a game can you imagine a game starting at 7:00 and ending somewhere after 11:30 with even minimal tv delays and then driving back home, getting to the field house at 3:00 or so in the morning and then having to get up in a few hours to start working on next weeks plans.

Completely ridiculous. Most of the people, not necessarily the starter of this thread, whom I have heard make this statement are people who live and die by what their high school teams in their towns do. Football is great but come on.

The answer is obviously yes.

There should be at least 6 cameras installed in every high school stadium in Texas. There needs to be two extra refs at each game for the replay with one on the field and one in the press box. All of this added expense can come at no cost to Texas taxpayers and can be funded by the economic stimulus package.

There should be at least 6 cameras installed in every high school stadium in Texas. There needs to be two extra refs at each game for the replay with one on the field and one in the press box. All of this added expense can come at no cost to Texas taxpayers and can be funded by the economic stimulus package.

HILARIOUS!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Good one, tvc.

Also each stadium would need to have a jumbotron so the fans could see the replays. ;D

I talked with a referee crew once at a Vidor game about two or three years ago. I was told that they would love to be able to have one more crew member to sit in the press box to catch things that they miss on the field. But so far, the UIL won't go for that for some reason. Cost I suppose.

But with as many bad calls that can go either way in high school football every Friday night, I would think that school districts would welcome paying a few extra hundred bucks, or so, to get a properly called game.

Every dollar counts and in this time of economic slowdown I don't think anyone wants to pay for more officials. If you want to change something, come up with a way to rate officials and if your rating gets to low the only games you can officiate is the 7th grade!

Guest pirates

I'm not for it, but at Vidor I've seen a endzone camera and two camera's on top of the pressbox. If I'm not mistaken one camera on top of the pressbox is a wide shot camera and the other is a tight shot camera.  All you need is the official that runs the twenty five second clock to go up and review the tapes on top of the pressbox and one of the officials on the field go to the endzone camera and review that tape and then those two get together and make a decision.

Again, I'm not really for the replay, just a thought.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder