Silsbee summer tourney next weekend, who's in it

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee had this sitiuation a few years ago with a couple of players. Ashton Hall was to have played for Silsbee since he actually lived with his mother in Silsbee( they live two houses down from my parents, my dad talks to Ashton all the time) but Kountze and another school in Silsbee's district fought it and Ashton ened up playing his senior year in Kountze.

The other player was a football player. Adrian Peterson (yes that Adrian Peterson) moved to Silsbee with his mother the summer before his senior year and it looked as though he would enroll at Silsbee. But Palestine's coaches convinced his mother into letting him live with one of the coaches so that he could finish there at Palestine.

It's all about establishing legal residence but you can't transfer for just athletic reasons.

There are ways around all the rules. A few years back a kid from Kountze Tray Peters came to Evadale as a freshman just to play V BB, when he couldnt make the V team it Kountze. He moved a old RV in to a park in Evadale, never stayed the first night, and as soon as BB season was over he went back to Kountze. So dont say you cant move just for athletic reasons its done ever year some were.

Silsbee had this sitiuation a few years ago with a couple of players. Ashton Hall was to have played for Silsbee since he actually lived with his mother in Silsbee( they live two houses down from my parents, my dad talks to Ashton all the time) but Kountze and another school in Silsbee's district fought it and Ashton ened up playing his senior year in Kountze.

The other player was a football player. Adrian Peterson (yes that Adrian Peterson) moved to Silsbee with his mother the summer before his senior year and it looked as though he would enroll at Silsbee. But Palestine's coaches convinced his mother into letting him live with one of the coaches so that he could finish there at Palestine.

It's all about establishing legal residence but you can't transfer for just athletic reasons.

There are ways around all the rules. A few years back a kid from Kountze Tray Peters came to Evadale as a freshman just to play V BB, when he couldnt make the V team it Kountze. He moved a old RV in to a park in Evadale, never stayed the first night, and as soon as BB season was over he went back to Kountze. So dont say you cant move just for athletic reasons its done ever year some were.

What I meant was that you could not do it legally.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got in from the tournament and will post all the scores and give a summary of the championship game along with a brief summary of the tourney in a few minutes.

Or, I could not waste my time posting since DV says this is a worthless tourney. I'll just call Travis and let him know I won't waste my time helping him out. ::)

AAW, it is important to remember that, as one of "those people down there" ( if you had said that, you would have been accused of being a racist) you lack the sophistication and understanding of basketball which is reserved for the enlightened few and you should not attempt to offer a thought or opinion since it has no value. 

Thanks for that piece of advice, nash. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut.

Oh, and someone needs to tell Marquis Saveat that he shouldn't be participating in these "worthless" tournaments.

Did anybody notice that Ozen lost to two 3A schools in this "worthless" tourney?

did anyone notice that silsbee had their whole varsity team,while ozen was playing with mostly freshman and sophmores

• 2 weeks later...

How come the results where not posted here???

I guess the home team did not do very well.

This tourney took place over a month ago. If you would take the time to go through this entire thread, you will see the results of this tourney posted.

Bench Warmer, get off the bench and get with the program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder