Pony 13-14

From now thru HS seniors don't EVER overlook KC, Mike Rutledge has been getting some of the best talent in the Houston area for yrs n yrs. I had 1 of his oldset coaches tell me yrs back "you'll never get a team from the GT to beat Mikes team" but he was speaking of his Palomino tm. ....

PNG outscored it's opponents 69-4 in a very weak sectional tournament. They won by scores of 30-2,22-1, and 17-1. They are a very good All-Star team and will be playing in Pasadena in 2 weeks. They will probally win that tournament and then the real test comes the following week where they will have to go through Kyle Chapman if they are to get to California for the 13 year old World Series.

They will probably win that tournament......

Shoot, just cancel the tournament and move on!!!

I hope you aren't the coach of the team because if you are you are really setting yourself up for a downfall.

Never, ever, ever underestimate your opponent and assume that you've already won.

It also isn't doing the kids on the team any favors either.

Hey Games 24X7,

Just a little FYI, Ketchup, Ranch, or Tex Joy Steak seasoning always helps "CROW" taste a little better when you have to eat it. I hope your boys do well but I would be a little more tactful on how I word my responses so as not to give anyone extra incentive. Good luck at the next tournament.

Wow! Where do we start on this reply! Let's see how about the "X" on your back. Don't kid yourself and think it's exclusively yours because plenty of teams are "marked", your "X" may have been placed there while you were patting yourself on the back. Ever wonder why football teams have bulletin boards in the locker room? Innocent little quotes from other teams get posted there in order to provide a little extra motivation. Oh I almost forgot the "crow" part, yes I do know what crow tastes like and so does every other person who is competitive. If you haven't tasted crow you haven't been playing. Now how about those numbers you so precisely quoted on the other pitchers, 83-85mph on the 13 yr old is not impossible but more likely improbable. If you had the radar gun and actually took the readings then let me apologize, other than that speed is always overestimated by all but the best of scouts. The elite high school pitchers in our area bump 90 on occasion with most settling out with a legitimate number in the mid to high 80's. I'm not saying the kid you faced wasn't throwing hard but to attach unknown numbers is begging somebody to call BS. I do however believe that your ball club will play well, I know all of them and I know you so I have something to base my opinions on. You did yourself a favor playing in the Nations State tournament, you should be proud of the results. I hope for you, the coaching staff, and the kids that you represent PNG and our area well. Just remember there is always a sleeper out there and they show up when you least expect it. Hope you guys have continued success. 

Good Luck to this team. Sounds like they have the attitude to win some games. I believe in 2001 PN Pony 13 Yr olds beat Kyle Chapman in the State Championship. In 2002 they beat Kyle Chapman and a very good Pasadena Blue team to advance to Gulf Coast Regional in Baton Rouge. They won that tournament and advanced to the World Series in Washington, Pa.

I dont have  dog in this fight but I do know a few of the kids that play on the baytown team. They are pretty solid but no idea how they compare to any of the other teams. I know they pounded everyone at the tournament in Willis. I neve did find a bracket or website for any of those games, does pony not have a good website? Where is the website and links for the deer park tourney?

Games, what is your team named?

UNBELIEVABLE!! I gave you a chance to clean up your comments and what do you do? Continue to dig a deeper hole. I am amazed at the logic on some of this, the statement about the difference between 54 and 60 feet is humorous. MPH is MPH regardless of distance, reaction time is the only thing different and last time I checked on a radar gun there is no setting for 54 or 60. Also the comment about being on your jock is also funny, I tried to help you out of respect for the other coaches on the team who once they see this thread will undoubtedly cringe (some already have) at the sight of it so don't give yourself that much credit. Anybody who decides to make public professions of superiority or prowess is begging to be a target. Why do you think you get all the public "PC" comments from most coaches and players, they give respect to the other teams and play down anything that may be derogatory. A simple " we are playing well right now and hope to advance as far we possibly can" is much better than "we should win the next tournament".  And last but not least about the bulletin board material, you already see people from Deer Park and Baytown area paying attention to this thread. Bulletin boards don't always have to be in a football locker room, think about it. One day grasshopper you will learn, until then it will be an adventure.

Lets not forget about JPRD from the New Orleans area.Very strong every year.Over 150 13 year olds to choose from,hired and payed well respected coaches.Beat a very strong P.N. team the last two years in the regional final.

Okay Games 24x7 let's get something straight, not once have I wished you or your team anything bad or as you call it "hatin". If you scroll back through this thread you will see I have actually wished you nothing but success. I never made a personal attack on you or the team so I'm not real sure where you are going with this? The personal attacks on me in your previous threads are really without merit but that's not a big deal. All I did in the original response was to offer up a little "word to the wise" about how others may interpret your comments and threw in a little humor about eating crow, after that you seemed to make it personal. Nobody called you out or said anything derogatory about you. I even apologized before hand about the radar gun numbers you reported, go back and look at it. I know you are extremely competeitive just like the rest of us. You enjoy watching your son play just as much as I like watching mine. The things you have posted are the same things I would tell my guys at practice or before a game to fire them up much the same way you would. Away from my team or in a public forum I 'm going to be respectful to the other opponent and not give them any ammunition. Put yourself in the other teams shoes for a minute, if you knew the team you were playing had made some sort of prediction about already winning the game you were about to play you would feel disrespected and do everything you can to kick their tails wouldn't you? I know I would and I certainly believe you would as well. That's the only point I was trying to get across. The group of kids you guys have are top notch and they do have an excellent opportunity to make a lot of noise during the all star tournament. Each time I have had an opportunity to watch them play I have been there, so to think I have something against you or this team is way off base. Again I wish you and your guys nothing but success and I hope you go as far you can.

Lets not forget about JPRD from the New Orleans area.Very strong every year.Over 150 13 year olds to choose from,hired and payed well respected coaches.Beat a very strong P.N. team the last two years in the regional final.

JPRD has always had a very good team.  They played Babe Ruth for many years winning multiple World Series titles until they were kicked out of the league. We have had some good games with them over the years.

The Kyle Chapman team was not shocked by the 02 PN team. They knew what they were against and was out for revenge. The team PN beat from East Cobb , Georgia , now they were totally shocked. When and where is this 13 yr. old tournament?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder