Brenham takes game one...Series Tied 1-1!!

They have one senior.

Brenham usually starts 5 juniors and 4 sophs. Amazingly, the Houston Waltrip team is as young or even younger.

I guess playing 50 to 60 games a year from the time you are 8 yrs old is starting to show up at the varsity level...

What's up eagle07? You are right roughrider, this Cub sophomore class has played a lot of baseball. SS Drake Roberts and P/OF Ty Schlottman are move-ins, but the other five on the varsity roster for the playoffs (1b/P Colten Walla, OF Chance Bolcerek, INF/P Zach Jacobs, OF/P Colin Crenshaw and C Corey Bentke), were all members of the Washington County allstar team that captured three state championships in little league. Their are several more talented sophomores coming up from the JV. This junior class which includes Wellbrock, Preuss, Weiss, Spivey and Hall is also very talented, the Cubs are going to be very tough for the next several years. The JV went 19-2-1 this year and the sophomore team (made up of all freshmen), went 20-2. Both teams captured district titles. Bolcerek, Schlottman and Crenshaw will be key members of the Cub football team this fall. The fact that this Brenham team is 29-3 after losing 7 senior starters from a year ago is pretty crazy.

All that said, we had two great series with LCM and Barbers Hill and it looks like Nederland has a great team also. The SETX programs look like they are in pretty good shape themselves. Best of luck to Nederland the rest of the way.

What's up eagle07? You are right roughrider, this Cub sophomore class has played a lot of baseball. SS Drake Roberts and P/OF Ty Schlottman are move-ins, but the other five on the varsity roster for the playoffs (1b/P Colten Walla, OF Chance Bolcerek, INF/P Zach Jacobs, OF/P Colin Crenshaw and C Corey Bentke), were all members of the Washington County allstar team that captured three state championships in little league. Their are several more talented sophomores coming up from the JV. This junior class which includes Wellbrock, Preuss, Weiss, Spivey and Hall is also very talented, the Cubs are going to be very tough for the next several years. The JV went 19-2-1 this year and the sophomore team (made up of all freshmen), went 20-2. Both teams captured district titles. Bolcerek, Schlottman and Crenshaw will be key members of the Cub football team this fall. The fact that this Brenham team is 29-3 after losing 7 senior starters from a year ago is pretty crazy.

All that said, we had two great series with LCM and Barbers Hill and it looks like Nederland has a great team also. The SETX programs look like they are in pretty good shape themselves. Best of luck to Nederland the rest of the way.

How goes it Cubfan ? Hey, do not forget Houston Waltrip........it ain't over yet.  ;D

I'm going to call you for an update tonight. Best of luck.

P.S. Is it time to call it a day yet  ??? ??? It's weekend-thirty  ;D

It's all you eagle!!!! Don't worry, I was not counting out my alma mater, the Waltrip Rams, they have a very solid young squad. The difference in the game last night was only two swings of the bat, so believe me, it is far from over. Bellow must have pitched a heck of a game for Nederland last night. But that series isn't over yet either. Should be some great games tonight.

Any info on this series? I heard Waltrip won tonight, can anyone verify this?

I found ya' cubfan12. ;D

Waltrip-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-1----2-5-0

Brenham-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-----0-7-0

WP Zecharia Lemond CG-7K-2BB-7H-0R (third straight elimination game win)

LP Ty Schlottman CG-7K-0BB-5H-2R

HR-WHS Dylan Welch

Series tied at 1-1

Game 3 Saturday, noon @ Langham Creek.

And yes. Waltrip only starts two seniors (1B and CF) and two juniors (LF and C) on a regular basis. #1 and #2 pitcher are both sophomores.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor