Saveat finally named Ozen HC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Sugaaaaaarrrrr  Raaaaaaaayyyyyy!    8)   Ever hear him talk? Thats why we called him Suuuugggggaarr Raaaaaayyyy!!  :D :D :D  Glad this mess has finally ended. ::)....Congrats Sugar Ray!!! ;)

Glad BISD got this one right!!  8)

Guest spinks

the article didn't specify which wednesday... am i safe to assume that it will be on a wednesday in august?

A news conference....................COME ON PEOPLE..............ARE THEY SERIOUS?????  What a joke this whole thing has been. 

Guest DickVitale

Hey man, it's Ozen....THE best basketball job in SE Texas, including college, bar none! 8).....Have you ever seen a hire talked about so much, for so long? Ever? :D.....At least they got the hire right.

Hey man, it's Ozen....THE best basketball job in SE Texas, including college, bar none! 8).....Have you ever seen a hire talked about so much, for so long? Ever? :D.....At least they got the hire right.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Best basketball job????  Let's take a poll!!!!!!!  Lamar or Ozen???  Only a idiot would take Ozen over Lamar!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Guest DickVitale

Sarcasm, Lazeek... ::).....An idiot would also take HJ over Ozen too!! :P How about this....OZEN IS the BEST HIGH SCHOOL JOB in SE Texas....What do you think about that one? 8)...You would be surprised at the top 5 best basketball jobs out there....2) PA Memorial 3) Westbrook  :o  4)HJ  5)Kountze.....How about THAT? ;)

Guest DickVitale

Best jobs in SE Texas (high school basketball)

1) Ozen

2) PA Memorial

3) Westbrook  :o

4) Hardin Jefferson

5) Kountze

Based on salary, tradition, ability to draw kids (area, NOT recruiting), ability to WIN, & facilities.

Guest spinks

Sarcasm, Lazeek... ::).....An idiot would also take HJ over Ozen too!! :P How about this....OZEN IS the BEST HIGH SCHOOL JOB in SE Texas....What do you think about that one? 8)...You would be surprised at the top 5 best basketball jobs out there....2) PA Memorial 3) Westbrook  :o  4)HJ  5)Kountze.....How about THAT? ;)

Give me Silsbee before WB............SORRY!!!! WB not in the top 5............PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

I am telling you...Westbrook, has ALWAYS been a really good job...you CAN win big there....athletes there year in and year out....The only thing that Silsbee has better that Westbrook is facility...I am TELLING you....Its a better job....Silsbee would probably be number 6, but its not a better overall JOB than Westbrook....

Guest nostradamus

80 kids in a basketball off-season period with 1 coach does not equate to a top 5 job......while all your assistants at a 5A school are coaching football and you are competing against 5A schools in your district whose ENTIRE basketball coaching staffs coach only basketball......NOT A TOP 5 job.....

and your criteria is not what is most important in a job IMO

Guest spinks

I am telling you...Westbrook, has ALWAYS been a really good job...you CAN win big there....athletes there year in and year out....The only thing that Silsbee has better that Westbrook is facility...I am TELLING you....Its a better job....Silsbee would probably be number 6, but its not a better overall JOB than Westbrook....

Could not disagree more.  Silsbee has better athletes when classification is taken in to consideration.  They have better facilities and the biggest positive for Silsbee over WB is it is NOT BISD!!!!! Sorry WB has not won in YEARS in basketball and they do not have a great tradition there.  Silsbe on the other hand has all of those qualities.  Silsbee no doubt!

Not to mention the community support in Silsbee is 10 times better than WB's.

Guest DickVitale

Nos, I will put it like this...There is NO WAY you could poll 10 coaches that KNOW the WB area, and they say that in SE Texas they would take the Silsbee job before WB....Listen, its like opting to take the Kentucky Weslayan job (D-II powerhouse) over the Texas job....Although UT has not won a title, they have what it TAKES to get one at the highest level...I am sure Kentucky Weslayan is a great job, but it can't compare to being the head coach at Texas....Same concept here. I know about the coaching situation there, but with the right staff in place that all changes...

Spinks, I know you hate BISD and all, but they pay more than Silsbee, and if they ever DO get it right and start winning the fan base will come back...guarantee it...WB USED to be right at the door EVERY year...Its a good job, man...Like I told Nos, if you poll some coaches that know about the specifics, they will say the same....BTW I think Silsbee is a great job, too....Just would not take Silsbee over WB if both were offered.

Nos, what do YOU think the criteria should be for a good job... ::)...You think HJ is a better job than Ozen according to YOUR criteria?

Guest spinks

Nos, I will put it like this...There is NO WAY you could poll 10 coaches that KNOW the WB area, and they say that in SE Texas they would take the Silsbee job before WB....Listen, its like opting to take the Kentucky Weslayan job (D-II powerhouse) over the Texas job....Although UT has not won a title, they have what it TAKES to get one at the highest level...I am sure Kentucky Weslayan is a great job, but it can't compare to being the head coach at Texas....Same concept here. I know about the coaching situation there, but with the right staff in place that all changes...

Spinks, I know you hate BISD and all, but they pay more than Silsbee, and if they ever DO get it right and start winning the fan base will come back...guarantee it...WB USED to be right at the door EVERY year...Its a good job, man...Like I told Nos, if you poll some coaches that know about the specifics, they will say the same....BTW I think Silsbee is a great job, too....Just would not take Silsbee over WB if both were offered.

Nos, what do YOU think the criteria should be for a good job... ::)...You think HJ is a better job than Ozen according to YOUR criteria?

That is all your opinion and I respectfully disagree.  WB had a few good years and that was it.  If they had the talent ALL the time they would be good somewhere in there whether they have a great coach or not.  Your comparison of Texas Weslayan and Texas to Silsbee and WB is HORRIBLE!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! Go ahead and poll them.............I also bet that if you ask Travis Williams if he would leave Silsbee for WB he would give you a big fat NO!!!

Sugaaaaaarrrrr  Raaaaaaaayyyyyy!    8)   Ever hear him talk? Thats why we called him Suuuugggggaarr Raaaaaayyyy!!  :D :D :D  Glad this mess has finally ended. ::)....Congrats Sugar Ray!!! ;)

Who is sugar ray ?

Guest DickVitale

Who is sugar ray ?

Savaet...When he talks he sounds JUST LIKE Sugar Ray Leonard!

Guest DickVitale

That is all your opinion and I respectfully disagree.  WB had a few good years and that was it.  If they had the talent ALL the time they would be good somewhere in there whether they have a great coach or not.  Your comparison of Texas Weslayan and Texas to Silsbee and WB is HORRIBLE!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! Go ahead and poll them.............I also bet that if you ask Travis Williams if he would leave Silsbee for WB he would give you a big fat NO!!!

Actually it was KENTUCKY Weslayan and they have WON National Championships on the D-II level, wheras Texas has not at D-I...Silsbee (who has no titles) and Westbrook being 5A was just a parallel comparison...Just similar thats all..Spinks...Its a better JOB, man...They have not won like Silsbee in reecent years, but....Its a better OVERALL job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Whatever happened to educating people so that they don’t go off the deep end pursuing an incident that shouldn’t be political in the first place? Seems everyone is looking for their “trigger”moment. The dumbing down of America has taken its toll. Anyone who would hold this against her is doing so out of spite and for political gain. Said people need to be ignored.
    • You won’t get an argument from me that this won’t hurt her nationally but I don’t think this will hurt her in SD or even an appointment in a Republican administration.  I’m sure she saw backlash from some, apparently not from folks like you and me, which is significant, but like I said, I appreciate the honesty.
    • Appreciate the confidence.  Why don’t we see how this works out for her.  Going great so far.  She MIGHT be able to get re-elected in South Dakota next election, but if a good candidate runs against her in the Republican primaries she may be in trouble.  I don’t think there’s a chance in hades she gets the VP nomination, and if for some reason Trump is dumb enough to give it to her, his chances of winning are probably over.  On a positive note, maybe DeSantis gets it now?  If they win and do a decent job then we’d have a VP ready to run for president in four years with a good shot of winning.  
    • I honestly don’t have an issue with it.  I grew up around livestock.  We had a neighbor lose nearly 30 animals in a 3-week period before they caught the dogs doing it. Those dogs needed to die.  I was there when my uncle killed a dog that was eating his chickens… didn’t bother me. If one of my dogs ever bites one of my kids it’ll be dead.  Immediately.  But some things are better left unsaid, and probably 90% of the country loves dogs, with only a small fraction of them being able to relate to why she did what she did.  
    • If only she was as politically savvy as you. 🙂
  • Topics