Saveat finally named Ozen HC

look it's really pretty simple..Ozen was set up to win...So was Westbrook, back then...Now it is set up to lose...Why? 5a, one coach in program, with 80 kids, No facilities, competeing with the school across town for players, which is a magnet and now has some momentum in basketball. One day a kid will be there, the next he's headed to yep you got it..ozen meanwhile sits and waits , the numbers are eyeballed to stay in the 4a range, has no boudaries, has some recent success, and the other sports there are, i guess you could say " still learning"...Really not a bad idea by BISD, when this all was arranged for Ozen, but if you were at Central or Westbrook, well I guess the tide kinda turned, and was flowing toward the pear orchard!!!

Well , shouldn't Ozen football be more successful under this system?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this time WB is a football school... But that is only because of what the football program and coach have done... Of course kids play football and basketbalkl because they don't see the current basketball situation as being an opportunituy to win or develop.  There are at least four kids from this senior team that started out at WB being basketball first players.  One maintained that role.  For more opportunity the others went to football.  Out of those three left only one still played basketball in the summers.  The others went to 7 on 7 football. They began to increase there football skills and there basketball skills diminished.  Two of those three players was a fulltme starter at Westbrook on the football team.

I say that to say this!!! At Ozen Boutte got the best talent to commit to learning basketball.  If they played both sports, he would still demand that they do some basketball activity in the off season.  See the difference?  Boutte developed his kids and WB doesn't.  The kids at WB are not pushed to enhance their skill in the off season in basketball.. But The football coach demands that they must... 

That is what you call coaching....  Those basketball first kids became football first kids because of the coach!  Oh and to add some fact to what I am saying 3 of the four kids that I mentioned all played for the one loss Middle school BISD Champs at Vincent.  That team loss one game in 2 years...  Because they WERE basketball first kids!

Guest spinks

At this time WB is a football school... But that is only because of what the football program and coach have done... Of course kids play football and basketbalkl because they don't see the current basketball situation as being an opportunituy to win or develop.  There are at least four kids from this senior team that started out at WB being basketball first players.  One maintained that role.  For more opportunity the others went to football.  Out of those three left only one still played basketball in the summers.  The others went to 7 on 7 football. They began to increase there football skills and there basketball skills diminished.  Two of those three players was a fulltme starter at Westbrook on the football team.

I say that to say this!!! At Ozen Boutte got the best talent to commit to learning basketball.  If they played both sports, he would still demand that they do some basketball activity in the off season.  See the difference?  Boutte developed his kids and WB doesn't.  The kids at WB are not pushed to enhance their skill in the off season in basketball.. But The football coach demands that they must... 

That is what you call coaching....  Those basketball first kids became football first kids because of the coach!  Oh and to add some fact to what I am saying 3 of the four kids that I mentioned all played for the one loss Middle school BISD Champs at Vincent.  That team loss one game in 2 years...  Because they WERE basketball first kids!

This is why the Ozen football program struggles.  The administration at Ozen gives the basketball coach what he wants and the administration at WB gives the football coach what he wants.  Boutte is a great coach and there are no two ways about it but if Boutte went to WB tomorrow that would not guarantee success.  It would take the administration giving him some leadway on certain things........and if they did you would see a drop off in the football program.

wrong....breon johnson and willie jefferson did nothing in the offseason to enhance their basketball skills they were all football until it was basketball season so you cant say that and that was two main contributors from the ozen basketball team this year so sorry your wrong on that....just stop making excuses why ozen has had so much success and if bouttee went to WB it would be totally different i promise you

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder