*Kountze HC Stan Hodges Resigns From WO-S*

Guest ECBucFan

I didn't know Hodges, but Stan took a joke of a program and made it very competitive. The Lions played harder under Hodges than anyone else I can remember. I don't think he was truly given a chance to succeed, IMO. Best wishes, coach.  :) 

GOOD MAN AND A GOOD COACH. HE IS GOING TO BE AN ASSISTANT AT WOS. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHO REPLACES HIM. THERE ARE CANDIDATES OUT THERE, BUT THE MUST BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO SUCCEED AND NOT SET UP FOR FAILURE. KISD MUST LOOSEN THE REIGNS AND LETS BRING A WINNING AND RESPECTED PROGROM TO KOUNTZE.

Kountze has always had issues with their fb program.  Like it or not the AD situation is a key detriment to the program.  They lost some good quality coaches when that went down a few years back.  They may be looking for 2 new head coaches now.

Coach Hodges is a great man.  I enjoyed getting to know him and not only was I pleased to have my son play for him ...as I told him on several occasions "Coach I'd play for you!"  Good luck Coach Hodges.  As far as the program going forward...having played my high school ball in Kountze I am a big fan.  Enjoy watching those boys play on Friday nights....always will.  Who ever comes in should been given a fair chance to BUILD a winner and folks that gonna take TIME.  So let's fill the stands every game home or away and support the LIONS!  Also I hope we keep the rest of the coaching crew.

I didn't know Hodges, but Stan took a joke of a program and made it very competitive. The Lions played harder under Hodges than anyone else I can remember. I don't think he was truly given a chance to succeed, IMO. Best wishes, coach.  :)   

I agree with you ECBucFan he was a geat coach that always had his men ready to play.  Will be difficult to replace, was rated best coach in the District year before last.  Will be deffinitely missed, wish Hardin had an opening would fit great with the staff already there.

Kountze has not and will not let go of the reins sense Ted Tate in 1976 when a mom got mad cause her little baby

got called a mullet and got coach Tate fired as head football coach now you finally got a chance at respectability

and here we go again. How much micromanagement can one team have ?                   

Good Luck  Coach Hodges where ever you go

Guest bingo

from the sounds of it Coach H was well thought of. Came in contact with him only once but was impressed and wish him well.

• 2 weeks later...

Kountze has not and will not let go of the reins sense Ted Tate in 1976 when a mom got mad cause her little baby

got called a mullet and got coach Tate fired as head football coach now you finally got a chance at respectability

and here we go again. How much micromanagement can one team have ?                     

Good Luck  Coach Hodges where ever you go

Hodges headed to WO-S

This is the hidden content, please

Sounds familiar.  And we wonder what's wrong with the kids?  Moms who play captain save-a-...  Better wake up because the real world is a booger-bear and momma will have to stop breast-feeding at some point.  I don't necessarily agree with some of the things said or how they are said...but, that's why I sit in the stands because I have two out three who have gone through the Mustang program and I can tell you that that program made respectable, respectful, disciplined young men out of them. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder