friday night lights finale

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Recap!!! I can't stand that McCoy guy.

But you know there are guys like that out there that ruin systems!  It is a shame that it happens.

I watch the last 2 episodes last night on the computer and was very pleased with the way that the season ended.  The writers of this show truly do an amazing job.  I read some info about the show that was very interesting.  If you google or use another search engine you can look at the wikapedia of FNL and it will break down everything from locations to how they shoot each scene, which IMO makes the show.  Check it out.  Very interesting read.

I said you all would be in for a shocking surprise and I think I was right on! Great show, it has a realness to it that most shows do not and it is about our great State of Texas and Football. You have just got to love the heck out of that!

I hope our football players arent doing that much drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id rather have mine smoking than drinking but of course our big leaders in Washington dont have 2 cigarette lunches they like their martinis. What they are doing with our money they seem drunk all the time too :D :D :D :D :D

I do remember part of the story line of the show being that Taylor left to take a college assistant spot and then when the coach the school hired rubbed the booster dude that loved Taylor so much the wrong way the guy was canned and Taylor came sliding back in. Kind of seems fitting as the same thing kind of was done to his character in the finale.

Like the what comes around goes around message there.  I mean the show makes it seem like that Taylor is this great guy who is getting done a raw deal but his character helped stab another guy in the back to get his old job back, so why all of a sudden is he suprised that the same board who allowed him to move back in ran him out for the next big thing?

Can't wait to see how this plays out in the next season.

• 1 month later...

So as for the Buddy thing I think he was kept in the dark also, and I would not be surprised to see him facing the split in a loyalty battle next season. Also my boy Tim Riggins will be back along with Matt's character. Anyway bad news sort of, NBC announced they will not play their showing of the 13 episodes until the first week of June 2010. It will be part of their new 52 week a yr programming, as can be seen with new shows like Merlin and what not this summer. So unless you have Direct TV, steal it online or you are me specifically you won't see it until next year!!!

So as for the Buddy thing I think he was kept in the dark also, and I would not be surprised to see him facing the split in a loyalty battle next season. Also my boy Tim Riggins will be back along with Matt's character. Anyway bad news sort of, NBC announced they will not play their showing of the 13 episodes until the first week of June 2010. It will be part of their new 52 week a yr programming, as can be seen with new shows like Merlin and what not this summer. So unless you have Direct TV, steal it online or you are me specifically you won't see it until next year!!!

I need to watch this show.........yall sound like a bunch of women talking about "as the world turns"    ;D

>:(

I like it but there have been things that they have had in the story lines that do not really happen or at least they don't happen the way they portray them.

Like the booster clubs in most schools are not quite as powerful as the one in Dillon. I mean I know that this is a take off of the former MOJO school situation down in Odessa and I know that situation was very over the top. i realize that it is a tv program so they definitely dramatize and over play some aspects of being a coach in Texas.

Plus, like how they handled the whole coach that replaced Taylor and then was fired in the first few weeks of a school year and bring in the old guy would not have happened without some kind of a lawsuit from the outgoing coach who was getting canned.

I think that the way they portray the kids though are dead on in most of the towns that I have lived in though.

I like it but there have been things that they have had in the story lines that do not really happen or at least they don't happen the way they portray them.

Like the booster clubs in most schools are not quite as powerful as the one in Dillon. I mean I know that this is a take off of the former MOJO school situation down in Odessa and I know that situation was very over the top. i realize that it is a tv program so they definitely dramatize and over play some aspects of being a coach in Texas.

Plus, like how they handled the whole coach that replaced Taylor and then was fired in the first few weeks of a school year and bring in the old guy would not have happened without some kind of a lawsuit from the outgoing coach who was getting canned.

I think that the way they portray the kids though are dead on in most of the towns that I have lived in though.

It's pretty darn close though.

Not unless you want to let your kid see a bunch of teens who are very sexually active and getting wasted at parties. It is not as much about the actual game as it is about the crap that goes on outside the game and that goes along with being a coach in a high pressure situation.

Not trying to get on the soapbox COOP but how can you tell someone that this show is appropriate for an 8 year old?

I am well aware that stuff goes on that we can't sheild our kids forever but really, an 8 year old should not watch this show. I know that I don't let my 8 year old watch.

Not to mention the fact that there are scenes inside of strip clubs, teens getting drunk all the time, etc. I mean I know that this stuff goes on, always has and unfortunately probably always will.

Totally have to disagree with you on this one.

I am with Coop it is completely okay for an 8 year old! I will acknowledge season 2 got very soapy and was a bit out of whack, but they were trying to increase the ratings to save the show. In season 3 they started to focus more on the first seasons format and footnall is the overwhelming theme that pushes the show, or at least how these youngsters go through life around the entire thing. The show is fine! There is far less of the gratuity than I feel silentassasin is trying to push. Anyway it is an accurate depiction of a lot of things that are going on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami