friday night lights finale

Okay, well lets look at this last season and see exactly what I am pushing.

I can tell you that I agree that yes the second season got too soap opera like with the whole murder thing. But let us just look at the main characters on the show this season.

Riggins, star football player and total drunk and a kid who laughingly through the first three years prided himself on having girls do all his work for him. Not to mention how he is now living with his girlfriend in his home with his other drunk of a loser brother who can't ever hold down a job. Not to mention all the times throughout the last three seasons he goes to bars and strip clubs underage. NOt to mention how he basically told the freshman starting QB this year that he was a wuss for not "getting" with the girl who was flirting with him.

Lyla, the on again off again Christian good girl girlfriend who dumped Riggins and then got back with him and moved in.

Lyla's dad Buddy, head of the booster club who had an affair on his wife and in one of the last shows was arrested for getting into a fight with an "invester" in the Landing Strip strip club, the same place Riggins has been known to frequent in earlier seasons. Buddy is also a man who is a liar and a cheat who promises kids and families things to get them to play in Dillon. Real upstanding family man.

Matt, one of the only really admirable characters as far as the kids go. But still ended up having premarital sex with the head coaches daughter as well as his maid/caregiver for his grandmother. But he does take good care of the alzheimer's stricken old woman and has had the stereotypical crappy life of the hero of the show.

I could go on but I made my point. It is not a show for kids. You read the shows information and ratings and it tells you as much. There are a lot of things that we all know go on in the real world and while I like the show and watch it quite often it is also something that I would not and do not let my kids watch. I had to explain what a stripper was to my daughter last week because another little girl in her class told everyone that she was going to grow up and become one. So I am aware that kids today are being exposed to more than they need to be. My main point is to air on the side of conservative values when it comes to our kids.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well lets look at this last season and see exactly what I am pushing.

I can tell you that I agree that yes the second season got too soap opera like with the whole murder thing. But let us just look at the main characters on the show this season.

Riggins, star football player and total drunk and a kid who laughingly through the first three years prided himself on having girls do all his work for him. Not to mention how he is now living with his girlfriend in his home with his other drunk of a loser brother who can't ever hold down a job. Not to mention all the times throughout the last three seasons he goes to bars and strip clubs underage. NOt to mention how he basically told the freshman starting QB this year that he was a wuss for not "getting" with the girl who was flirting with him.

Lyla, the on again off again Christian good girl girlfriend who dumped Riggins and then got back with him and moved in.

Lyla's dad Buddy, head of the booster club who had an affair on his wife and in one of the last shows was arrested for getting into a fight with an "invester" in the Landing Strip strip club, the same place Riggins has been known to frequent in earlier seasons. Buddy is also a man who is a liar and a cheat who promises kids and families things to get them to play in Dillon. Real upstanding family man.

Matt, one of the only really admirable characters as far as the kids go. But still ended up having premarital sex with the head coaches daughter as well as his maid/caregiver for his grandmother. But he does take good care of the alzheimer's stricken old woman and has had the stereotypical crappy life of the hero of the show.

I could go on but I made my point. It is not a show for kids. You read the shows information and ratings and it tells you as much. There are a lot of things that we all know go on in the real world and while I like the show and watch it quite often it is also something that I would not and do not let my kids watch. I had to explain what a stripper was to my daughter last week because another little girl in her class told everyone that she was going to grow up and become one. So I am aware that kids today are being exposed to more than they need to be. My main point is to air on the side of conservative values when it comes to our kids.

Wow....thanks for all the input. I will check it out myself. To be honest, I try to keep it real with my kid. I want him to know certain things so I can explain why they are stupid or inappropriate.  My thought process is to get him all the knowledge he can. But from some of these post, I don't want him to think that a strip club is in his future for High School. Hell, when I was in school, we went to the Pelican Club in Louisiana, never a strip bar.  :'( 

Did a little research and the content ratings for FNL is TV-14, usually with the D,S, L and V attachments along with it for suggestive dialogue, sexuality, language and violence.

My point is that I know that TV-14 means that a child under 14 should not watch it without a parent or guardian present, but why would I want to expose a kid who is younger than the rating system suggestions to stuff that I have to explain to them about why it is stupid. I have to do that enough as it is. Let our kids stay kids as long as they can, because once they lose their innocence it can never be replaced.

I also don't want to mislead anyone, I was not an angel growing up. My parents let me see some things that they did not think was that big of a deal and they had their own defined limits of what I could and could not go to see in a theater or on TV. I did sneak into movies like we all do and stuff like that. I am just saying that I am not a fan of exposing kids too early to things.

Did a little research and the content ratings for FNL is TV-14, usually with the D,S, L and V attachments along with it for suggestive dialogue, sexuality, language and violence.

My point is that I know that TV-14 means that a child under 14 should not watch it without a parent or guardian present, but why would I want to expose a kid who is younger than the rating system suggestions to stuff that I have to explain to them about why it is stupid. I have to do that enough as it is. Let our kids stay kids as long as they can, because once they lose their innocence it can never be replaced.

I also don't want to mislead anyone, I was not an angel growing up. My parents let me see some things that they did not think was that big of a deal and they had their own defined limits of what I could and could not go to see in a theater or on TV. I did sneak into movies like we all do and stuff like that. I am just saying that I am not a fan of exposing kids too early to things.

I agree with you 100%. He will grow up fast enough......heck, he's 8 and I can't get a hug before I drop him off for school.  :'(

Yeah, go Lions!!

But like I said, as far as feeling bad about the coach getting shafted on his job he did it to the guy that replaced him when he left for Texas State.

But I can't wait for season 4, but I have read that Matt and Riggins both are coming back again for season 4 even though both have graduated and I thought were off to college. Should be interesting to see how they write that one into the script.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Nice edits on the above post. 
    • That’s what they want you to believe. If the dems came up with a magical bill to end all abortion and all crime etc. etc . It still Wouldn’t pass because this nation program many to believe that the other side just don’t think different there evil and must be defeated. It works in 3rd world countries and it works here in the US. Trump had liberal beliefs so did Reagan. It’s million of democrats in the military defending freedom millions of democrats in hospitals saving lives etc. etc. don’t let American politics define a person.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up All Times Central (and hopefully correct) - (#) Regional Seed - TV will be noted below, all other games stream on ESPN+ Arranged by paired Regionals - Left Side of the Bracket (1/16 - 8/9 : 4/13 - 5/12)/ Right Side of the Bracket (2/15 - 7/10 : 3/14 - 6//11) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#1 Tennessee -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Indiana 10 - (2) Southern Miss 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Northern Kentucky 3 - (1) Tennessee 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3:  (2) Southern Miss 6 - (4) Northern Kentucky 0   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Vikings of Kentucky Eliminated) G4:  (1) Tennessee 12 - (3) Indiana 6   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5 : 11:00 AM (2) Southern Miss vs (3) Indiana (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Tennessee vs Game 5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#16 East Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Evansville 4 - (1) East Carolina 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Virginia Commonwealth 1 - (2) Wake Forest 0   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Wake Forest 6 - (1) East Carolina 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The consensus preseason #1 Demon Deacons dragged to down to Hell) G4: (4) Evansville 17 - (3) Virginia Commonwealth 11   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (1) East Carolina vs (3) Virginia Commonwealth (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (4) Evansville vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#8 Florida St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Stetson 2 - (1) Florida St. 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Central Florida 8 - (2) Bama 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Bama 0 - (4) Stetson 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Tide Eliminated)  G4: (1) Florida St. 5 - (3) Central Florida 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5 : 11:00 AM (4) Stetson vs (3) Central Florida (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Florida St. vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#9 Oklahoma -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Connecticut 4 - (2) Duke 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2:  (4) Oral Roberts 0 - (1) Oklahoma 14   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Duke 6 - (4) Oral Roberts 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Fightin' Bobs Eliminated) G4: (1) Oklahoma 1 - (3) Connecticut 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) Duke vs (1) Oklahoma (Loser Eliminated) (ESPN) G6: 8:00 PM (3) Connecticut vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   (#4 North Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Wofford 3 - (2) LSU 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Long Island 8 - (1) North Carolina 11   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Long Island 2 - (3) Wofford 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (LIU Eliminated) G4: (2) LSU 2 - (1) North Carolina 6   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (3) Wofford vs (2) LSU (Loser Eliminated) (ESPN) G6: 5:00 PM (1) North Carolina vs (1) North Carolina Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#13 Arizona -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) West Virginia 4 (2) Dallas Baptist 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Grand Canyon 9 - (1) Arizona 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Dallas Baptist 7 - (1) Arizona 0  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Wildcats Eliminated) G4: (4) Grand Canyon 2 - (3) West Virginia 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) Dallas Baptist vs (4) Grand Canyon (Loser Eliminated) G6: 7:00 PM (3) West Virginia vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#5 Arkansas -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Southeast Missouri 9 - (1) Arkansas 17   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   7:00 PM (3) K-State 9 - (2) la tech 4 ( This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Saturday June 1st G2: (3) K-State 19 - (2) la tech 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (Resumption of suspended game) G3: (2) la tech 3 - (4) Southeast Missouri 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (Louisiana tards Eliminated) G4: (1) Arkansas 6 - (3) K-State 7   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 1:00 PM (1) Arkansas vs (4) Southeast Missouri (Loser Eliminated) G6: 6:00 PM (3) K-State vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#12 Virginia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Penn 2 - (1) Virginia 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) St. John's 2 - (2) Mississippi St. 5 (10)  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Penn 9 - (3) St. John's 10 (12)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Quakers Eliminated) G4: (2) Mississippi St. 4 - (1) Virginia 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) Mississippi St. vs (3) St. John's (Loser Eliminated) (ESPN2) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Virginia vs Game 5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) ________________________________________________________________________________________ This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#2 Kentucky -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Western Michigan 8 - (1) Kentucky 10   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Illinois 4 - (2) Indiana St. 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Indiana St. 6 - (4) Western Michigan 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Broncs are Eliminated) G4: (1) Kentucky 6 - (3) Illinois 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) Indiana St.vs (3) Illinois (Loser Eliminated) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Kentucky vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#15 Oregon St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Nicholls St. 12 - (2) California-Irvine 13   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Tulane 4 - (1) Oregon St. 10   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Tulane 3 - (3) Nicholls St. 0   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Colonels Eliminated) G4: (2) California-Irvine 3 - (1) Oregon St. 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) California-Irvine vs (4) Tulane (Loser Eliminate) G6: 8:00 PM (1) Oregon St.vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#7 Georgia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Army 7 - (1) Georgia 8   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) Georgia Tech 0 - (2) North Carolina-Wilmington 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3:  (4) Army 2 - (3) Georgia Tech 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Black Knights Eliminated) G4:  (2) North Carolina-Wilmington 2 -(1) Georgia 11   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) North Carolina-Wilmington vs (3) Georgia Tech (Loser Eliminated) (ACC Network) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Georgia vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#10 North Carolina St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) James Madison 7 - (2) South Carolina 8 (10)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Bryant 2 - (1) North Carolina St. 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (4) Bryant 1 - (3) James Madison 8   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (Bryant Bulldogs Eliminated) G4: (2) South Carolina 4 - (1) North Carolina St. 6  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (2) South Carolina vs (3) James Madison (Loser Eliminated) (ESPNU) G6: 5:00 PM (1) North Carolina St. vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#3 Fightin' Texas Aggies -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (4) Grambling 0 - (1) Fightin' Texas Aggies 8   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (3) t.u. 12 - (2) ULaLa 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) ULaLa 12 - (4) Grambling 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (The Tigers Eliminated) G4: (1) Fightin' Texas Aggies 4 - (3) t.u. 2 (11)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) ULaLa vs (3) t.u. (ESPN2) G6: 7:00 PM (1) Fightin' Texas Aggies vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (#14 California- Santa Barbara -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31 G1: (2) San Diego (3) Oregon 5 - (2) San Diego 4 (11)   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Fresno St. 6 - (1) California-Santa Barbara 9   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3:  (2) San Diego 7 - (4) Fresno St. 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (Fresno St. Eliminated) G4:  (1) California-Santa Barbara 1 - (3) Oregon 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 2:00 PM (2) San Diego vs (1) California-Santa Barbara (Loser Eliminate) (ESPNU) G6: 8:00 PM (3) Oregon vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#6 Clemson -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Coastal Carolina 13 - (2) Vandy 3   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (SEC Network) G2: (4) High Point 3 - (1) Clemson 4   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Vandy 9 - (4) High Point 10   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (VandyBoys are Eliminated) G4: (1) Clemson 4 - (3) Coastal Carolina 3   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 11:00 AM (4) High Point vs (3) Coastal Carolina (Loser Eliminate) G6: 5:00 PM (1) Clemson vs G5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary) This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  (#11 Okie State -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) Friday May 31st G1: (3) Florida 5 - (2) Nebraska 2   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up G2: (4) Niagara 7 - (1) Okie State 19   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Saturday June 1st G3: (2) Nebraska 7 - (4) Niagara 5   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up (The Purple Eagles Eliminated) G4: (1) Okie State 7 - (3) Florida 1   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up Sunday June 2nd G5: 1:00 PM (2) Nebraska vs (3) Florida (Loser Eliminated) (SEC Network) G6: 6:00 PM (1) Okie State vs Game 5 Winner Monday June 3rd G7: TBD G4 Winner vs G5 Winner (if necessary
    • The way they are talking sounds like they were from Beaumont.
    • I don't really like it but depending on how the brackets play out it could possibly help Woodville win a playoff game or 2 
  • Topics