Barbers Hill vs Bellville

This game scares me, even if is it being played at BH. I see a game of strength vs strength, Bellville's rushing offense against the rush defense of Barbers Hill. The only question mark going in is if BH can muster up enough offense, both on the ground and through the air, to move the ball downfield and keep our defense off the field and catch a breather. If so, I think Bh can win by 7-10. But, if we continue to struggle as we have, Bellville may wear out our defense and put it to us. Too early to predict, will have a prediction later in the week.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You right if the Offense doesn't start clicking some there is no way the BH defense pulls off a game against Bellville. The D is good ,but Bellvile's O is avearaging 39 points a game against good opponents!! The BH D can bring that down to the twenties IMHO which means our Offense has to score in the upper twenties against the best D they have played against :shock: my pick is

BH 28

Bellville 24

It's going to be a dandy can't wait!!!!!!!!!

From what I've read about Bellville so far, they are nor big, but fast and quick. We have to stretch out the field a little with our middle to deep passes more often like in the past. Patton and the receivers proved they can throw and catch it last night. We have alot of talent on the outside and that will open up our poor run offense some. BH defense will be able to handle their offense unless, like you said, they have to be on the feild all night. My prediction BH 20- Bel.14 (subject to change haha) maybe another Def. TD in there

Should be a good one. Like everyone else is saying if the defense don't run out of gas BH will win by 3 to 7 points. The one thing that has killed the Hill in the past years is speed. Maybe BH can find a few rabbits in the hat but it will be hard to put on a long, time consuming drive until the O-line can push some folks around. GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO EAGLES.

It's amazing how last year the Offense did so well, and this year somehow they just changed everything. I guess the coaches tell the kids to go out and throw the ball over the QB's head and Hey lets see if we can fumble on this play.

Your amazing. Fickle Fan, Fickle Fan.

I really think some of you need to become a Coach and see how easy play calling is for real, instead of saying it in the stands. It's easy to say what you would do until you are out there.

The Coaches are always the stupid ones!!! LOL

Short fat and probably going bald wishing they could Coach for real!!! I'm not going to call anyone by name, BUT I bet 1/2 of you on here know who I'm talking about

I can't wait for this response, It's all in fun

ENJOY :D

It's amazing how last year the Offense did so well' date=' and this year somehow they just changed everything. I guess the coaches tell the kids to go out and throw the ball over the QB's head and Hey lets see if we can fumble on this play.

Your amazing. Fickle Fan, Fickle Fan.

I really think some of you need to become a Coach and see how easy play calling is for real, instead of saying it in the stands. It's easy to say what you would do until you are out there.

The Coaches are always the stupid ones!!! LOL

Short fat and probably going bald wishing they could Coach for real!!! I'm not going to call anyone by name, BUT I bet 1/2 of you on here know who I'm talking about

I can't wait for this response, It's all in fun

ENJOY :D[/quote']

Well this is not going to be much of a response so here goes.

You see we have to deal with people like you every year that can't understand what it is like just to be a football fan and have your on opinion.

We did not go to the Coaches Clinic for moms.

Some of us do not have kids playing, although I did dedicate several years of my life coaching some of the former players and I did not even have a son playing.

I do not have any desire to be a highschool football coach and never have or else I would have chose that as a career.

No thank you I am more than happy with my little $95,000 a year job.

Let me try to explain this to you..... again like we have other before you.

You see you are not the first short timer we have had to deal with.

If you don't ever question a play at a game you are not there to watch a game you are there to cheer you child on or your husband, and that is fine I'm cheering for them also and will be cheering them after you leave.

You see some of us BH fans are former Hill Boys, graduates, been here our entire life and know what real BH fooball tradition is like.

We have been BH fans for our entire life.

We are not just some part timers or move in's that wants to bash our coaches and kids.

We not only watch BH we go to other games like WOS, Dayton, PNG, Nederland, Giddings and you know what we do the same thing about them teams.

Maybe you should try going and watching other teams from time to time it is pretty enlighting.

We contintue watching highschool football long after BH has ended its season and is bouncing the basketball.

Just so you will know is normally around the second or third playoff game if you haven't been a BH fan very long.

We are only doing what every FOOTBALL FAN does at all levels.

Because I question a play Mack Brown call does it mean I want to be a UT coach.

Absolutly not, I am not even a Texas fan I am an Arkansas fan.

So don't critize us bleacher coachs on here just because we are doing what 95% of all the posters on here are doing.

Giving our opinion, and some times think God the coaches don't listen.

Oh and I am not short, fat and going bald.

I am 6'3" 245lbs in pretty decent shape and my heads is shaved because I like it that way.

I also usually have some kind of growth on my chin although it varies from week to week and I sport the ever popular camo hat of my favorite college team.

If you want to look me up I am always near the fifty yard line about middle way up and I go by the name of... sorry I can't tell you that it would be just a little to much info.

I make almost all of the Hill's games.

The only reason I will miss a game is because of work and I have been doing that for close to 20 years now.

So don't label me as a ficle fan or any of us until you know what it is like to be a real BH fan.

You see people like you don't really bother us becasue we know in a few years you will be gone when you son graduates or your husband finds another job.

And you know what we will still be here from 1A to 5A because we are true BH Fans not just partimers.

Feel free to come look me up any time.

I hope to see you soon.

:wink: And remember...... "it is all in fun ENJOY." :wink:

Eagletown, No matter what name you go by ( and I know the real one) you continue to crack me up!!!!!! I wonder when BCP will have a Dad's clinic. Although he don't deal with adverse opinions very well. Trust me I know that for a fact. Better he stick with the Momma's. DSW your OK with Me too. Just keep talking Eagle Football....

Mama says Foosball ob da debel......Waterboy

Nice reply Eagletown. I just don't know about the 95% statement. It seems like a few BH posters pretty much dominate criticizing the coaches on this board. Shucks, I don't think I have read where any other team's posters have made critical comments about their school's coach. But I don't read all the topics so your 95% may be accurate.

Nice reply Eagletown. I just don't know about the 95% statement. It seems like a few BH posters pretty much dominate criticizing the coaches on this board. Shucks' date=' I don't think I have read where any other team's posters have made critical comments about their school's coach. But I don't read all the topics so your 95% may be accurate.[/quote']

Yes this is true I think there are several posters that are very critical of our coaches but every team has them and they have a right to their opinion.

Believe it or not when I was watching the Giddings game last Friday night and they were winning big I heard grumbling about the team.

I mean you are talking about one of the best 3A teams in the state and they are being considered a state contender.

People just like to find things to gripe about and for us they use this forum to do it.

The next few years are going to be interesting around Barbers Hill if we continue to grow like is projected.

I think there are some big changes coming our way as far as our athletics and staff.

It is going to be interesting to see how the money and politics work out and we all know BH politics.

Hopefully it will be for the best as far as our program goes and we will continue to move forward as a successful athletic program in all sports even though we are growing.

Oh and yes the 95% was a little high.

No matter what coach BH has, we MUST start getting the ball to the play makers and stop runnig the SAME failed playes over and over. The receives on this team are much better than most we will play against. I hope to see us use them more often, which will help the running game.

EAGLETOWN you hit the nail on the head. Some of us have been here a long time and GOD willing will be here a lot longer. I am personally one of those bashers, however it is a focused bashing and not completely without merit.

Now the ones who get bashed are the Refs......... :D:D By coaches I might add.

You see their you dont mess with the double spaceing god. Eagletown is the man!

You hit the nail on the head.

I will say this one of the biggest problems with the play calling is not getting the play in fast enough. Isn't the whole idea of running the no huddle spread is to speed the game up and to keep the defense on their heels?

Lets use Wimberley for a example.

They run the same type of offense we do. They use four different play callers at the same time. They have different colored folders tuck into their pants. Now when they are doing their signals all four of the coaches are calling different plays and they all finish at the same time and point at the QB to let him know they are done. Now how does the QB know which one to look at. Hell I dont know but it works. And it takes them about a whole 5 to 10 seconds to get the play in and they will call in 2 plays at a time every now and then.

The other issue is if a play dont work to the right then dont turn around and run the same thing to the left the very next play.

You see their you dont mess with the double spaceing god. Eagletown is the man!

You hit the nail on the head.

I will say this one of the biggest problems with the play calling is not getting the play in fast enough. Isn't the whole idea of running the no huddle spread is to speed the game up and to keep the defense on their heels?

Lets use Wimberley for a example.

They run the same type of offense we do. They use four different play callers at the same time. They have different colored folders tuck into their pants. Now when they are doing their signals all four of the coaches are calling different plays and they all finish at the same time and point at the QB to let him know they are done. Now how does the QB know which one to look at. heck I dont know but it works. And it takes them about a whole 5 to 10 seconds to get the play in and they will call in 2 plays at a time every now and then.

The other issue is if a play dont work to the right then dont turn around and run the same thing to the left the very next play.

AMEN brother.......AMEN....... :!:

What I don't understand is how we have went back to the 2000- 2004 offense of taking for ever to run a play and using no creativity. I no I am just a stupid ex-Eagle Dad and I know nothing about football and I need to back to school , become a teacher and get my own team and BLA BLA BLA. Thing is being un-educated like I am I have always relided on common sense and common sense tells me sometimes we don't use it. We have all seen this offense get called for delay of game. You can't blame it on a new QB either because he has been in the system 4 years. Also Pat took over in the middle of the season last year and knew the signals. Maybe we are just laying low until the district games but we say that every year. The good news is that if we had the greatest football mind of all time coaching we would still question him on why he did things. Look at Mack Brown after Saturday, they are calling for his head in Austin. To be a coach you have to have thick skin. Also have clinics with the Momma's because they won't ask hard questions.

Momma says foosball ob da debel- waterboy.

I know what you guys are saying. Did you see Payton Manning last night. He took for ever to call plays in their no huddle offense. I thought you were supposed to speed things up. What a dummy. Colts must need another QB. Our guys get signals--that is tough compared to Manning. He has a voice talking to him through his helmet and it still takes him forever to get the play run. Once agian--what a dummy.

I think that most 95% people keep there opinion to thereselves also. Because they undderstand that even though they might question a few play calls. They understand kids read this and the fact that it is a fan board. It is not a board to criticize people that coach for a living. I to question certain things like why you think you are so knowledgeable about the game of football. But I will stop there because I see no purpose for argueing. I think we need ot stick to enjoying the games and encourage the kids that play these games. So good luck to BH and Bellville and I hope for a good fought game.

I think that most 95% people keep there opinion to thereselves also. Because they undderstand that even though they might question a few play calls. They understand kids read this and the fact that it is a fan board. It is not a board to criticize people that coach for a living. I to question certain things like why you think you are so knowledgeable about the game of football. But I will stop there because I see no purpose for argueing. I think we need ot stick to enjoying the games and encourage the kids that play these games. So good luck to BH and Bellville and I hope for a good fought game.

There is that 95% again.

They might keep their opinion to their selves for that reason, or because they don’t know enough about the game to make a comment or they just like to rah, rah, rah.

Just like mhs32 has said before “this is not rocket science it’s just football.â€

It is just a matter of X’s and O’s.

Now I do believe some coaches are definitely better at it than others.

It is kind of like you get what you pay for.

The coaches that put more into the team as far as off season and then you have to have the players that are willing to give it their all and then there is the talent factor.

Then lets not forget you have to have all of the cards fall your way as far as injuries and that is where the being lucky part comes in.

As far as the kids reading this board I have asked many, of them and they all say it doesn’t bother them.

If anything it motivates them to work harder and play harder.

As far as any of us being more knowledgeable about the game of football, I don’t think any of us can hold a candle to the great Coach Price and his staff.

They have how many state titles under their belt.

I think Skidmore has one, but yet he has forgotten more football than we will ever know….We have heard that one before.

When it comes to district though, buddy they can get them, and if that makes you happy than good.

Myself I don’t make many comments about how they coach and what they should have done.

Because I don’t really think it matters.

I do though reply when people gripe about some one making a comment about a play we run.

It is their opinion.

Here we go again.

If you think different don’t question them for doing it.

Expel some of your great knowledge of the game on them or you can just sit back and rah, rah, rah if you like.

There are many great coaches in the great state of Texas who have not won a state title. Just because a coach has not won a title doesn't make him a bad coach. I have no problem with opinions on here, but when you bring names into the mix then I believe it has gone to far. Coaches wives , kids, and even the players they coach on here read this and shouldn't be exposed to negative comments made by people on this board. I am talking to everybody on this board, from Nederland fans , Barbers Hill fans , and West- Orange fans. Keep this a site where honest, productive discussion about football occurs. Good Luck to everyone this Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder