Barbers Hill vs Bellville

OK here is my opinion for this week.

I am not impressed with either of Bellville wins.

They won big, but both teams are down.

In Sealy’s scrimmage against Giddings they got scored on like 8 or 9 times.

I also hear that WC is having a down year.

One thing everyone is forgetting is the fact that we are returning 10 on defense from a pretty outstanding team from 2005.

There is a lot of experience on that field.

Now the 10 are not always on the field, but they are we it counts.

I do not think Bellville is going to fair much better than our two previous opponents offensively.

As far as our offense goes we have definitely not been playing like we are capable of.

If and when this team gets it going they can put up so points.

If we keep playing like we are we will win by 14 or 21 points.

If our offense starts playing like they are capable of we will win by 21 or 28 points.

I am not really worried about their offense verses our defense.

BH will win that battle.

It is just a matter of how many points we can score over 21.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not giving my opinion to the coaches about what they should do. I beleive they know alot more football than me and also see alot more film and study strategy of the opponent than I do. I am telling everyone why I think they do what they do. Yall like to disagree with the coaches. And I like disagreeing with yall and gettin a good discussion going.

THAT! Mr. Bearkatfan is why I log on here and you know where else daily during football season. Very well put. That is what we are all about. It may sound like we are disagreeing with each other Saturday thru Thursday, but come Friday night we show our true colors (Blue and White) and cheer those EAGLE BOYS ON TO VICTORY!!!! GO EAGLES SMASH bellville...

Barbers Hill

It will be a battle of unbeatens in Mont Belvieu tonight, when the 2-0 Eagles host 2-0 Bellville in their first home game of the season. Barbers Hill is coming off a 26-7 win over Jasper.

“We’ve got wins but we’ve still got a long way to go,†BH head coach Don Price said. “We’ve still got five or six slots on offense open and on defense, we’re still looking for help in the secondary.â€

Price expects a tough game from the Brahmas when they make the two-hour trek east.

Bellville returns 17 starters off last year’s 9-2 district champion and have won their first two games handily. They defeated Sealy, 35-7, and West Columbia, 42-13.

“They’re real solid all around,†Price said.

“They’re senior-laden and they have a couple of kids who will play at the next level, and they have a real good kicker.â€

Price is happy he’s not having to go on the road, but as far as being happy about Bellville being a 3A team, he’s not buying into that.

“I wish those ‘A’s meant something but they don’t,†Price said. “It’s the players on the field.

“It will be nice not to have to travel.â€

Bellville vs. Barbers Hill Preview

A solid Bellville team comes into Barbers Hill Friday night to meet their first real test of the season. Bellville boast a 2-0 record' date=' however Brazosport and an unusually down Columbia team has yet to provide the test for the Bellville offense. The Bellville offense is lead by 3 primary seniors – Allan Cooper - RB/DB, Brandon Harris - WR/BD, and Lane O Connor – QB/DB. The Brahmas offense has some balance, however their running game is something to be mindful of.. With a total of 432 rushing and 219 passing yards for a 2-game average of over 325 yards, the Brahmas should make some nose in a tough 3-A district. Even with a good offense to rely on, the real strength for the Brahmas is their defense and special teams. Bellville’s Brandon Harris has helped the Brahmas combine for 6 interceptions and the team has only allowed 20 points in 2 games. Watch for the defensive backs to have a big game against Barbers Hill.

Barbers Hill comes into Friday night’s game with some questions still remaining on offense. The Eagles are loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball, however the running game has yet to be established. First year QB and former receiver Blake Patton (SR) will lead the eagles against their toughest defensive test thus far. The Eagles will look to use offensive talents such as All-District MVP Mason Fisher, and Baytown Lee 2005 transfer Michael Davis to spread the ball around the field. The Eagles have had balance in their offense, even if not as productive as they would like. The Eagles have combined for 417 yards offense with only 1 yard separating the ground attack from the air attack. As with the Brahmas, defense and special teams is this teams real strength. The Eagles have only allowed 13 points in their first two games and against Jasper the defense scored 12 points before the offense had a chance to put a point on the board..

All being said, I think this game is going to be very close. Bellville has not yet faces a defense like the Eagles and the Eagles have not faced a defense like Bellville. If the Eagles get their offense back in their normal form, I have to give the Eagles a 7-point edge. If they do not, this could turn out to be a very low scoring affair and the game most likely will be decided by a costly turnover or special teams.[/quote']

Tootin my own horn...I got one right.......finally........ :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83