How About Those Rangers?!?!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have 2 tickets for Sunday's games against the Astros if anyone is interested in them.  Message me please.

i would, but i'm already going to the saturday game, and then on to the boats for the rest of the long weekend for my buddy's bachelor party!

HUGE 3 game sweep for the rangers over the stros.  it was important for two reasons... they had just been swept by the tigers, and they needed this to keep their lead over the angels, and also they have the yankees in town this week, and it's going to be tough for them to take that series.  right now the yanks are up over the rangers 10-0...

the difference between this team and the teams of the last several years...  after getting pounded 11-1 in the series opener against the almighty yanks, the rangers come back with solid starting pitching and a great effort from the bullpen and win game two. 

the rangers just thumped the A's 14-1, and the Angels lost 4-3 in 10 to Seattle.  With their modest 3 game win streak, and the Angel's 2 game losing streak, the Rangers' lead has swelled to a very healthy 5 1/2 games.  they still have the best record in the A.L.  This has been a very important series for the Rangers, and they could really use another win tomorrow before they go play 3 in new york and then 3 in boston. 

rough day for the rangers.  they scored two in the 7th and two in the 8th to tie it at 4, but gave up a run in the 9th and lost.  to make matters worse, the mariners blew a 6 run lead and lost 9-8 to the angels.  the rangers still lead by 4 1/2 games, but they have the yanks and bosox this week.  against the yanks they'll face burnett, petitte, and sabathia.

rangers win today, again on the strength of a quality start and quality relief pitching.  that means they took two of three at fenway, and one of three in new york.  a 3-3 road trip at boston and new york is nothing to sniff at, and their win today, coupled with an angels' loss, means they're back up to a 4 1/2 game lead over the angels, which is where they started the road trip!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder