How About Those Rangers?!?!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rangers usually start the season off decent but as the summer rolls in the pitching shuts down.

the angels will win the division

i disagree... when have they had good starts in the last several years?  they have bad starts that they can't ever dig themselves out of, or if they ever get close, the angels have always had more firepower.

• 4 weeks later...

Man these guys are fun to watch!!!  There line-up is very dangerous and can explode at any time. (ask the Mariners)  I know this sounds crazy but the pitching staff is actually keeping them in games and giving them a chance to win.  Millwood and Padilla looked like All-Stars in each of their last outings.  If you haven't caught the RANGERS bug yet, go ahead and jump on the band wagon.  You won't be disappointed.

Man these guys are fun to watch!!!  There line-up is very dangerous and can explode at any time. (ask the Mariners)  I know this sounds crazy but the pitching staff is actually keeping them in games and giving them a chance to win.  Millwood and Padilla looked like All-Stars in each of their last outings.  If you haven't caught the RANGERS bug yet, go ahead and jump on the band wagon.  You won't be disappointed.

can you imagine if they hadn't traded Chris Young (2-1 for the padres), Andres Gallaraga (3-1, 3.07 ERA for Detroit), Edison Volquez (4-2, 3.27 ERA for Cincy), and there's another i can't think of right now.  they've also traded Adrian Gonzalez and Carlos Pena over the last couple of years, or their offense would be even more explosive.

The boys took it on the chin yesterday against oakland, 9-4.  Not a good outing for the pitching staff.  I knew the RANGERS traded away Young, Gallaraga, Volquez, and Gonzalez but had no clue that they also had and traded Carlos Pena.  When did this happen?  I'm still think the Volquez for Hambone trade was a catch 22.  Sure the RANGERS received a power hitting CF, but they sure could use the pitching that they lost in Volquez.

rangers have won 8 of 10, including a bunch of wins over Seattle who WAS leading the division.  they're currently up 1 1/2 games over the angels after two come from behind, walk-off wins in a row against the M's over the past two days!

not counting two two-game series that they've split with the A's, the rangers have won 5 straight series in a row, including sweeping the M's this week.  if they can keep this trend up and win their upcoming series with with angels, they'll increase their lead. 

Rangers beat the Angels tonight!  Final was 10-8.  The Angels rallied for 5 in the 9th with 2 out, but the Rangers pulled it out.  The Rangers have won 5 in a row, 11 out of 13, and 15 out of 20.  That's some seriously good baseball, and they're doing it on the strength of some REALLY good starting pitching!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder