Club Play Helps High School Play

I believe SFA hit it perfect.  Recognition from school mates and community and school pride does help to get some of these kids soccer recognition they surely wont get in club....    Now with all this said.  Any other local high school teams going to form for clubs... aeries you need to take a vidor team with one of your buddies,  and someone from lcm can get one.. west brook, lumberton.. and so on... 

aeries you need to take a vidor team with one of your buddies,  and someone from lcm can get one.. west brook, lumberton.. and so on... 

I had heard that Wedel and Correia wanted to combine the LCM and Vidor players onto one club team... I'm willing to coach 100%, that is if I don't make the football team at Lamar...

get in touch with the director of coaches for spindletop and tell them you want to get your license so you can coach.  you go to a one day clinic and they give you a quiz.  the best part is the state coach will use you for all the demonstrations cuz you play.. and they day ends and you go home and you have a license....  ;D

Regarding aries' comment about a highschool team having more chemistry because of playing on the same club team....I think that that could happen and might be great, but a club team with players from many different schools has another attraction.  When they play high school they may get to play a little different position, learn flexibility when they have to work with different people, and have a great time when they are facing off against their clubmates!!  The Spindletop girls team that won Pres. Cup last spring is an example ...have represented 7-10 high schools from around the area at different times. 

Regarding aries' comment about a highschool team having more chemistry because of playing on the same club team....I think that that could happen and might be great, but a club team with players from many different schools has another attraction.  When they play high school they may get to play a little different position, learn flexibility when they have to work with different people, and have a great time when they are facing off against their clubmates!!  The Spindletop girls team that won Pres. Cup last spring is an example ...have represented 7-10 high schools from around the area at different times. 

I agree with that as well... I played on a Spindletop team and it was fun playing against my former teammates in high school...

get in touch with the director of coaches for spindletop and tell them you want to get your license so you can coach.  you go to a one day clinic and they give you a quiz.  the best part is the state coach will use you for all the demonstrations cuz you play.. and they day ends and you go home and you have a license....  ;D

What kind of questions will be on the quiz?

Sorry havent been on today... stuff they will talk about.. alot .. well lets see its been about twenty five years since i did mine..  stuff about first aid.  hydration..  very little strategy and things.. but some...  nothing you wont be okay with. ..

Haha considering that one of my classes this semester is First Aid, I think I should be fine...  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hexcastings
    Newest Member
    hexcastings