LU should do this in football.

UNLV

Texas Tech, Baylor moving games to Dallas area

News KBMT

Story Created: Mar 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM CDT

(Story Updated: Mar 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM CDT )

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Texas Tech and Baylor are moving their

next two football games to the Dallas area, starting this season at

the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium.

This is the hidden content, please

Now we know LU could never get a home-n-home with a big 12 school. I doubt we could get an away-away-away-away-home-away-away-away.

However I bet LU could get a neutral game site with OU, UT, LSU, or A&M in Houston at Reliant.

Those schools could get in personal exposure in Houston, clobber LU for Houston area recruits to enjoy, it can count as an away game.

LU can win by making it an annual game with a big name school in Houston Reliant. This could give LU great exposure even if LU's loses.

This exposure will give LU an edge on the TSU, SHSU, and Mcneeses in recruiting.

As much as I would love it, this wouldn't make a bit of sense any time soon. A school has to a have long, winning tradition to make this a success.

As much as I would love it, this wouldn't make a bit of sense any time soon. A school has to a have long, winning tradition to make this a success.

Nooooo... UT playing Houston Community college would attract a big crowd, so why not LU. Yes UT vs LSU would be a fan

preference, but that'll never happen. LU needs to go FBS before it happens.

Guest coachacola

Nooooo... UT playing Houston Community college would attract a big crowd, so why not LU. Yes UT vs LSU would be a fan

preference, but that'll never happen. LU needs to go FBS before it happens.

UT playing anybody would attract a huge crowd, that's why UT has expanded their stadium to close to 100,000 and they make a ton of money playing at home.  Since everybody wants to play UT then LU would be near the bottom of any list of schools to play UT in Houston.  UT could make a lot more money by playing a big name school in Reliant and having it on TV, which it wouldn't be if they played LU.

Sorry to say but there's no shortcuts for schools like LU to big-time FBS football.

The big name would have to be a weak team. UT will not risk a NC by losing in Houston so a sacrafice is needed....LU.

UT is known for going into smaller FBS school's stadiums. They played UCF 2 years ago, they play @ Wyoming this year, @ UTEP this past year, Mack Brown isn't afraid of going into schools which normally are the biggest home games in these school's historys. You gotta hand it to him.

You risk getting your players hurt or seriously hurt.

Isn't that what you risk in any game? I'd rather risk it against Texas than against a Division II.

Be careful what you are asking for.  Being cannon fodder for UT, Tx Tech, or TAMU is demoralizing to the players and to the fans.  Especially to a young, new program like Lamar.  You risk getting your players hurt or seriously hurt.

UT players are more likely to get hurt. And no one will get demoralized after 1 game no one expects LU to win.

2012 Texas A&M vs Lamar @ Reliant Stadium

2013 UT vs Lamar @ Reliant Stadium

2014 LSU vs Lamar @ Reliant Stadium

2015 OU vs Lamar @ Reliant Stadium

2016 ND vs Lamar @ Reliant Stadium....ok, this one is too much.  lol

You risk getting your players hurt or seriously hurt.

Isn't that what you risk in any game? I'd rather risk it against Texas than against a Division II.

The difference is, against a Div. II team the odds are that a Lamar player can get hurt and be out for a game or two.  Against a UT, that same Lamar player could be lost for the season.  I'm just saying............

Past history tells the truth, small schools don't have the depth to absorb the early season injuries that the large schools have.  I have seen many instances elsewhere when small schools would play money games, get to many players hurt and then have poor conference records.  Then the coaching changes begin and the program degrades to the point that the school has no fan base and it's just time until the program is killed.  Just like LU basketball the stands won't fill if they are not winning.

Well Appalachian st better stop playing and beating those big name schools before their football gets canceled. Good grief...

UT will have better skills players than LU, not indestructable cyborgs. Anyone could get hurt at anytime.

Guest coachacola

Well Appalachian st better stop playing and beating those big name schools before their football gets canceled. Good grief...

UT will have better skills players than LU, not indestructable cyborgs. Anyone could get hurt at anytime.

Not yet, but they're working on it.  They don't have a $100 million athletic budget for nothing.  Besides, UT is in a BCS conference so what do you think the C in BCS stands for?

Not yet, but they're working on it.  They don't have a $100 million athletic budget for nothing.  Besides, UT is in a BCS conference so what do you think the C in BCS stands for?

I don't know about that, but I know what the B and S stand for...

I don't remember this being an issue when we played TexTech or Arizona State (or UTEP etc).  I don't remember anyone having a season ending injury during those games but I do remember some season ending injuries against some D-1AA schools.  Who knows, maybe we beat the odds those two years.  As far as confidence, it gave me more confidence when we would beat a UTEP and give an Arizona State a heck of a fight.  I remember being disappointed but not having a lack of confidence when we left Lubbock. It was a tough game, no lie, but an equally physical game was Alcorn State at their site in '89.

It shouldn't stand for championship! I find it amusing the Congress says the NCAA should not call a non-playoff title game a "national championship game", but the only people calling the BCS title game the "national championship" are those in the media. The NCAA does not even recognize it as a national championship game!

Be careful what you are asking for.  Being cannon fodder for UT, Tx Tech, or TAMU is demoralizing to the players and to the fans.  Especially to a young, new program like Lamar.  You risk getting your players hurt or seriously hurt.

Bullsh*t!!!  McNeese has played on average one FBS team a season since playing Miami in 2000 (Miami, TAMU, Nebraska, Kansas St., North Carolina, Southern Miss, etc.) and what you say is just not true.    The players like the challenge and the fans like the trips.  And the greater risk of getting players hurt is just not true.  It is no bigger risk than playing in any other football game.

Doc

News KBMT

This is the hidden content, please

Now we know LU could never get a home-n-home with a big 12 school. I doubt we could get an away-away-away-away-home-away-away-away.

However I bet LU could get a neutral game site with OU, UT, LSU, or A&M in Houston at Reliant.

Those schools could get in personal exposure in Houston, clobber LU for Houston area recruits to enjoy, it can count as an away game.

LU can win by making it an annual game with a big name school in Houston Reliant. This could give LU great exposure even if LU's loses.

This exposure will give LU an edge on the TSU, SHSU, and Mcneeses in recruiting.

IMO...

This is kind of a dumb idea...

Both schools are losing a home game which means lost revenue.

Guest coachacola

News KBMT

http://www.kbmt12.com/sports/big12sports/41843772.html

IMO...

This is kind of a dumb idea...

Both schools are losing a home game which means lost revenue.

Good point.  UH and LU playing at Reliant would be lucky to draw 20,000.  Throw in the cost of renting the place and I bet both schools would lose money compared to each one hosting their own home game or LU travelling to Robertson.  These neutral game sites are best for BCS schools where they draw lots of fans and get the game on TV for even more revenue.

I do not think TTU and Baylor would move the series if they were not going to make equal or more than they do at home. Considering the amount of $$$ they are charging for tickets when A&M comes to town, perhaps that's how they do. Definitely some soft benefits too...

Oh I'm dying, I again agree with Terror. These schools are losing pennies compared to what they will gain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder