21-3A for 09-10 yr

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read on another HJ thread, I see HJ going to be tough to beat. Silsbee bring back speeds, quickness, defense, size and experience. They will lose that offensive edge just a little bit but still will be tough to beat. I see O-Field being the 3rd place team this year.

Guest stevenash

From what I read on another HJ thread, I see HJ going to be tough to beat. Silsbee bring back speeds, quickness, defense, size and experience. They will lose that offensive edge just a little bit but still will be tough to beat. I see O-Field being the 3rd place team this year.

Where is Dove on this question?

Both teams lost the majority of their offense.  Silsbee should have size advantage.  After watching the Hawks in the playoffs, I would give them the advantage at point guard(especially since ours will graduate :'().  The Hawks have shooters returning while the Tiger's will have to depend on those coming up.  Experience maybe a little on the Tigers side,  with five returnint that have started a substantial number of games.  The Hawks do have top defensive player returning in Turner.  Not sure how much speed they will have other than Turner.  Inside the Tigers will have two 6'6,  the Hawks will have Ricossa who has become real good.  Stallworth and Hill will both be forces for the Tigers. I feel the Tigers have the edge as it stands overall right now,  but by the time it matters H-J's coaches will have the Hawks ready,  so I don't feel this will be much different than it has been the last few years.

I think 21-3A next year should be very interesting.  Most of the top teams in the district are losing their best players plus a couple other guys so it will be interesting to see who will step up for each team.  Silsbee is losing Robinson and some other guys, HJ is losing Bernard and Burrell, WOS is losing Watson, and OF is losing Angelle.  Silsbee may not be as good as last years team but they had a lot of talent and depth (Hill, Stallworth, etc) and a very good JV, so i expect them to be pretty strong again next year.  HJ should be very competitive again with Turner and Ricossa back plus a solid JV.  I do have questions about how they will score considering they are losing about 40 pts a game with the Bernard/Burrell combo.  Turner will probably be the main option but this year he had the luxury of being the 2nd or 3rd option behind Benard and Burrell getting all the attention.  I will be interested to see who does the scoring next year for HJ, but i know Coach Sutherland will have them ready.  OF loses Angelle which hurts, but returns the core of their team in Hayes, Granger, and Evans.  They lose their post player Addison, but they will have Luke Gunstream coming back, who missed the season due to an injury.  His presense was sorely missed last season in the middle and will be a difference maker next season.  I'll be the first to say it here, with the talent OF has coming back next year, they should beat HJ at least once next year.  I think OF will make the playoffs and challenge for 2nd, with Silsbee being the favorite and HJ making the playoffs.

I had no idea that Hayes was only a junior this season.  Next year is the year for OF.............if they can't get it done next season the it may be a while before they do!!!!!!

HJ does lose the majority of it's scoring but with Gus, Greyson, Jacoby, Phillip and then I fully expect the two Freshman to play tons of minutes this year for the Hawks.  HJ will be very deep next season.  They will be as deep as they have been in quite some time.  I look for the Hawks to play at least 10-11 for several minutes a game next season.

KP when you say H-J will be deep,  and I am not arguing, I agree lots of potential talent just not experienced yet,  do you feel that the depth ismore a facor of not having Benard/Burrell or just having lots of talent.  I can see the same in Silsbee's guard play but feel that it is more so because of trying to fill Robinson and Walter's shooting with several players.

Having had 85% of the team back from this season as well as adding about 6 more guys from JV and Freshman team this season.  They will have more options than they had this year.  I do not think that they will have a guy that averages 20+ points a game this season, but I feel that they will have 4-6 guys that can average double figures a game for them and have a different high scorer each night instead of Benard leading the way each and every night.  Our JV was not too bad except for when they moved Will up and when they lost a few players to injury and illness.

Guest aschrapps

Bridge City will be better next year with the Freshmen playing varsity. Also dont they have a couple of baseball players who dont play basketball but are still pretty good?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin