21-3A for 09-10 yr

Guest A-TOWN

Still don't feel they will have the talent to compete with H-J or Silsbee,   but upsets do happen.....

How do you figure OF doesnt have the talent to compete with HJ or even Silsbee?  OF has Hayes, Granger and Evans (Gunstream coming back from injury too) all returning plus a JV that handled HJ's JV both times last year.  Would you take Turner, Ricossa, Gustafson? over Hayes, Granger and Evans?  Probably not so i dont know what you are talking about on that statement.  HJ lost 2 of their 3 best players which averaged 40+ pts a game last year.  Frankly, i expect OF to beat HJ next season and if they dont i'll be very disappointed.  I know recent history suggests OF beating HJ or even Silsbee would be an upset, but next year i dont think that will be the case if it happens.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I am a Silsbee fan,  and we have 5 players coming back which started a significant number of games for a team that was one of the most talented in 3A teams in the state .  And you want to use th JV this year as part of the argument,  so did OF JV  beat the Tigers?  Not to mention the size advantage we will have .

Now as far as Turner, Ricossa and Gustafson,  I would take Turner over any player  OF has.  And after watching Ricossa and Gustafson play at the end of the year,  I definately have no problem taking them as well.  Fans who did npt see these two at the end of the year are going to be suprised.  I am not doubting the talent OF has coming back just think it wouod still be an upset to take one of the top two spots from the Tigers or Hawks.

Guest stevenash

Still don't feel they will have the talent to compete with H-J or Silsbee,   but upsets do happen.....

How do you figure OF doesnt have the talent to compete with HJ or even Silsbee?  OF has Hayes, Granger and Evans (Gunstream coming back from injury too) all returning plus a JV that handled HJ's JV both times last year.  Would you take Turner, Ricossa, Gustafson? over Hayes, Granger and Evans?  Probably not so i dont know what you are talking about on that statement.  HJ lost 2 of their 3 best players which averaged 40+ pts a game last year.  Frankly, i expect OF to beat HJ next season and if they dont i'll be very disappointed.  I know recent history suggests OF beating HJ or even Silsbee would be an upset, but next year i dont think that will be the case if it happens.

The HJ JV had five players on varsity by the time the season was closing including their game at Orangefield when 2 more players missed the game due to illness.  Therefore, the JV comparison was with the top 7 jv players missing.

Guest A-TOWN

Blue Dove is thinking this

1st Hamshire Fannett

2nd Hardin Jeff or Silsbee

3rd Hardin Jeff or Silsbee

;D ;D ;D

I wonder if the 2010 team could handle the 23-2A Division? Put a whupp'n on Anahuac! ;)

How bout the old district 21-3A H-F vs Kountze

Guest A-TOWN

Blue Dove is thinking this

1st Hamshire Fannett

2nd Hardin Jeff or Silsbee

3rd Hardin Jeff or Silsbee

;D ;D ;D

I wonder if the 2010 team could handle the 23-2A Division? Put a whupp'n on Anahuac! ;)

How bout the old district 21-3A H-F vs Kountze

:D

Don't think jv has anything to do with it.  The guys that are coming back for OF were the top players just had alot of seniors on this years team so split alot of minutes.  The reason Ricossa and some of those guys had big nights was because teams had to focus on the scorers so of course they get some points, but they are not the ones that beat you.  Don't see much help from HJ jV as we beat them badly both times.  I agree that Silsbee still has tough team but not a lot of shooters or playmaker which allows you to sag on the big guys and force them to beat you from outside.  In the past they could do that, not so sure about this year.  Should be a wide open district with alot of splits.  JMO.

Blake Venable, Sean weldon, and will anderson were 3 other players that got more PT along with Philip, Jacoby, Grayson, and Garret. You add Joseph Persohn, Shaun Prudhome, James Morrison and Cale Corbello from the JV team and Freshmen team. Plus Trent Nobles got a legit amount of PT in the early part of the season. Philip, Grayson, Trent and Sean are straight Basketball players so expect them to gain more experience in Coach Sutherlands offseason. HJ will not suffer as much on the rebounding side as much next year.

let people from OF think they will beat HJ before this year started some people had HJ not even making the playoffs because their lack of experience and now this year when they will have experience they will not have enough something else soo think what yall would like but im sticking with the top dogs of the last 2 years to make it 3 straight

I learned after the last two years not to doubt HJ ever again. Experience, Talent, Leadership etc...They always still get the job done. If they lack in experience next year then they still make it semi-final, if they lacked in talent they would go to regional final. It happen before. It all goes to the coaching staff, they know how to put there team together and play fundamental basketball. Silsbee has the talent year in and year out. They have the leadership and experience. No offense but the coaching method as far as the team goes compared to HJ coaches to player ratio is not as great. Brooks, Bush and Williams does a great job but HJ coaches has been head coaches at other school on different classification too. That where I see the edge goes too. HJ players has made it far because of thier coach. I was once informed that if Silsbee had Green from houston (a former coach of P.A and resident of silsbee) they could really go farther even though they do go far but state final is what I mean.

Don't think jv has anything to do with it.  The guys that are coming back for OF were the top pla just had alot of seniors on this years team so split alot of minutes.  The reason Ricossa and some of those guys had big nights was because teams had to focus on the scorers so of course they get some points, but they are not the ones that beat you.  Don't see much help from HJ jV as we beat them badly both times.  I agree that Silsbee still has tough team but not a lot of shooters or playmaker which allows you to sag on the big guys and force them to beat you from outside.  In the past they could do that, not so sure about this year.  Should be a wide open district with alot of splits.  JMO.

And wildcatter.. Your so wrong. Yall beat a depleted HJ JV... i expect HJ and silsbee to duke it out YET AGAIN for the district crown with OF in distant third.. I LOVEE how ppl wanna think they can beat us in basketball... (Other than silsbee who actually can) Cracks me uppp

OF will always play Silsbee and HJ tough................just something about them getting really up for those two teams.  After what I witnessed at OF this year when HJ came to town I would not say that it is impossible for OF to beat Silsbee or HJ.  I still think when it is all said and done that Silsbee and HJ will be the top two and then OF will finish in 3rd.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder