3A Finals: Madison vs. Estacado...Madison State Champs

All that i say comes off of what i hear on this website, so from what i've heard, madison was great and so was estacado. I also heard (since i wasn't able 2 make it 2 austin) that the hawks should hav put estacado away early . . . But they couldn't, just like estacado's man couldn't put madison away. Thats why you play two halves in baketball, if you cant get it done in the first half, do it in the second! Congrats to Madison and Estacado! You had a heck of a season!

Estacado kept close to Dallas Madison????

I was thinkin the same thing! DM was suppposed to destroy anyone they faced!!! What happened!?!  ??? ??? ???

Really? We were supposed to destroy anyone we faced? Which internet poster did you get that from? We've had several close games like this one during the course of the season. We aren't a team that blows our opponent out of the water. We just grind them for 32 minutes (Or in this case 36 minutes) and wear them down. The SOC title teams are what we play like. Throw in that our all-state SG, junior Tim Flentroy, was playing at 70 percent healthwise and I'm ecstatic to be able to get a win in the title game. The 70 percent isn't a random number on how healthy he was. That came straight from one of our assistants who also happens to be his uncle. He said that before we played Stafford on Thursday and I saw with my own eyes how injured he was when I stopped by the school to pick up my tickets earlier this week. I'm very proud of Junebug (That's his nickname. I've never actually called him by his given name of Tim...lol. Heck his dad never calls him Tim!) for playing on one healthy ankle over the last 5 playoff games.

Estacado was a very, very good team and I FULLY EXPECTED a down to the wire finish and that's exactly what everyone at The Drum got. Wagner is a bad boy for the Matadors and I'm willing to bet he'll have them back down there again before he graduates in two years. I still can't believe that we're adding another trophy to the case, but man what a ride it was this entire season with this group. They were so much fun to watch and they just played so darn hard game after game after game. I'm so proud of the boys and our coaching staff for what they were able to accomplish this year. They represented the school, South Dallas and DISD exceptionally well and I'm thankful to each and every one of them for all the hard work they put in to achieve winning the 2009 title. I don't think even the most ardent Trojan fan would've ever imagined finishing the season on a 25 game winning streak, but gosh it was a fun ride that us Trojan fans will never forget. I'm still way too excited about the win and I'm looking forward to the parade through South Dallas in the next week or so. That should be a lot of fun.

Guest stevenash

Having seen all teams play I believe there is not much difference in reg three and the other teams at the tourney.....

Dicky -  Read this post.  This is from a man who has no family members playing anywhere, is no where near Hardin Jefferson and is strictly a basketball junkie with a lot of knowledge.  Is he now to also be labeled as a country bumpkin?

Guest DickVitale

I respect his view and his opinion.  Matters not where he is from. You read it. He does not sound like one of you crazed HJ fanatics. He stated his opinion and carried on, and I respect that.

Guest stevenash

I respect his view and his opinion.  Matters not where he is from. You read it. He does not sound like one of you crazed HJ fanatics. He stated his opinion and carried on, and I respect that.

He also lent credibility to what the bumpkins think, but, of course, you would not dare acknowledge that.

Guest DickVitale

I said I respected his opinion...Are you retarded or something? I never said he was a "country bumpkin". I never called YOU that either.

Guest stevenash

I said I respected his opinion...Are you retarded or something? I never said he was a "country bumpkin". I never called YOU that either.

stevenash

Junior

I take a great deal of comfort in this

« on: Today at 04:09:34 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When one  feels compelled to continually assure his audience of his superiority, it is because he needs to state, re-state, and often  re-state again  that contention since he hears it ONLY from within. 

Report to moderator    24.72.165.119 

DickVitale

Senior

[applaud] [smite]

Re: I take a great deal of comfort in this

« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:12:08 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are so correct...You hicks make me laugh.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics