3A Finals: Madison vs. Estacado...Madison State Champs

Guest spinks

This proves that HJ and Silsbee could play with ANYONE in the state.  If Wagner plays the way he did against HJ Estacado wins this one easily.  Congrats on what I would consider one of the best 3A state tourneys EVER!!!!!!

Kenny....As far as I know, same card but it changes all the time.

Madison up 3 late and Jamar Johnson hit a 3 with :18 left to send game in OT. Madison missed a layup with :10 left and Kevin Wagner was fouled on the other end and missed a front end of a 1-1 with :06 left.

Final score 68-66 OT.

As good as Wagner is, he was just 3-10 from the FT line and that wont cut it. He had 16, Williard had 17 and Johnson had 16.

LE shot 28-72 (.389), 3s: 5-22, FT: 5-15, REBs: 42, TO: 16

For Madison, Dominque Smith had 19 and was named Finals MVP.

Madison shot 28-64 (.438), 3s: 2-9, FT: 10-18, REB: 47, TO: 20

Kenny....As far as I know, same card but it changes all the time.

Madison up 3 late and Jamar Johnson hit a 3 with :18 left to send game in OT. Madison missed a layup with :10 left and Kevin Wagner was fouled on the other end and missed a front end of a 1-1 with :06 left.

Final score 68-66 OT.

As good as Wagner is, he was just 3-10 from the FT line and that wont cut it. He had 16, Williard had 17 and Johnson had 16.

LE shot 28-72 (.389), 3s: 5-22, FT: 5-15, REBs: 42, TO: 16

For Madison, Dominque Smith had 19 and was named Finals MVP.

Madison shot 28-64 (.438), 3s: 2-9, FT: 10-18, REB: 47, TO: 20

i wish that they had shot free throws that poorly on thursday.  we'd be talking about HJ right now :)

Guest DickVitale

just goes to show you that either HJ OR Silsbee was capable of winning a championship this year. 

No it doesn't....It would have been worse! Region 3-3A Is just not that good....One finals APPEARANCE in the last ten years speaks volumes, no matter how much you guys try to pump up this region in 3A...Its just not that good.

just goes to show you that either HJ OR Silsbee was capable of winning a championship this year. 

No it doesn't....It would have been worse! Region 3-3A Is just not that good....One finals APPEARANCE in the last ten years speaks volumes, no matter how much you guys try to pump up this region in 3A...Its just not that good.

I would agree that the top 2 to 3 teams in Regions I and II are always great teams. But for overall depth, and I am talking about 10 or more teams, I think Region III takes a backseat to no one.

Guest DickVitale

2 dv kountze and hj

Kountze is now 2A, but I will give them that...TWO finals appearances in ten years means your region is not very strong.

I would agree that the top 2 to 3 teams in Regions I and II are always great teams. But for overall depth, and I am talking about 10 or more teams, I think Region III takes a backseat to no one.

HJ and Silsbee would NOT have made the region I or II regional tourneys...Region III in 4A and 5A is VERY deep....In 3A, not so.  HJ, Silsbee, maybe Jasper, and thats a stretch.

2 dv kountze and hj

Kountze is now 2A, but I will give them that...TWO finals appearances in ten years means your region is not very strong.

HJ and Silsbee would NOT have made the region I or II regional tourneys...Region III in 4A and 5A is VERY deep....In 3A, not so.  HJ, Silsbee, maybe Jasper, and thats a stretch.

You are wrong. I saw Liberty Hill, who was a region I semifinalist, they were no better than HJ or Silsbee. Also the team that Estacado beat in the regional finals, Seminole, lost to Estacado by 34 points!! Now Burkburnett is good, even though they lost to Estacado in the regional semis by 14. But HJ, Silsbee, Cleveland and Navasota are just as good.

As for Region II, I would admit that Madison, Argyle, Pleasant Grove and maybe Princeton are top notch, but I feel that after those teams, it drops off fairly well. I think HJ or Silsbee could be a regional team in Region II but I will admit, it would be tough.

Well, it just goes to show that Silsbee, Jasper, and HJ all could have won the title!!! HJ lost it with free throws, Silsbee came out sloppy against Jasper, and Jasper couldn't stop fouling! Congrats to Madison on the title! You worked your butts off for it!

Guest nostradamus

DV,

You are out of your head wrong on that comment.  I have studied these regions in depth over the last two months and both teams would have been just fine in all regions.  Stick with your "big city ball".  You don't want to get into a "country bumpkin hick ball" debate.

Guest nostradamus

Let me tell you guys what.  The "media" can say what they want.    Had the Wagner kid played to half his ability today Estacado wins that game in regulation.  He was average at best today and everything I have seen on him has NEVER been average.  Madison is good but, all this "Stafford and Madison was the championship game" is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed