**LC-M at Bridge City Updates..1-0 BC Wins In 8!!**

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both pitchers had no-hitters for 7 innings. Dallas Brown (LCM) went 7 innings with about 12 k's. Hicks pitch 8 innings for the win. Luke Luke Rhodes got a hit in 8th, Grant Encalade doubled him home for win.

According to the score board they gave an infield hit to BC. I think that was in the 5th. It was a judgement call. Shortstop really had no other play than try to get the out at second and Hicks beat him to the bag. It was a tough way to lose a no hitter.

I haven't seen a game like this since 1984. WOS v. Cypress Creek. Cypress Creek won that game and their pitcher threw a no hitter. WOS lost throwing a one hitter. The guy that scored struck out and the hit wasn't in the same inning as the score.

Congratulations to both teams. What a great game by both teams. Talking to the umpires after the game they said Dallas had 11 K's and Matt had 16 K's. That is obviously unofficial. If you missed this game you missed a great game.

Way to go Bridge City!!!

It must have been a great pitcher's duel. Luke & Grant represent a team spirit that never gives up.  Congrats to all players, BC & LCM.  Matt has been friends and teammates with Dallas & Tim for years. All three guys genuinely love this sport.

I would love to see some highlights since I'm out of town.

It was a fielder's choice. If Cloeren had thrown to first, I would have given it a hit if the runner had beat the throw.

wait what? infield hit by LC-M but Cloeren who plays for LC-M didn't throw it to first? come on fellas lets get on the same page my head is hurting lol

It was a fielder's choice. If Cloeren had thrown to first, I would have given it a hit if the runner had beat the throw.

wait what? infield hit by LC-M but Cloeren who play for LC-M didn't throw it to first? come on fellas lets get on the same page my head is hurting lol

I think TD got it backwards in his earlier post.  It was no no for Brown for 6 innings, then Barry for 7th no hits. then BC with 2 hits in 8th.

I can see it both ways. If I had been pitching that's what I would have wanted. No way he gets the runner at first once the ball took that big hop. Whoever was keeping score at BC I guess was the official score keeper and they gave it a hit. I would have wanted a FC also. The umpires both told me and I had to agree that he had no chance at getting the runner at first and made a great choice trying to get the out at second. the bad hop slowed everything down.  Hicks wasn't stealing, if he couldn't get him at second no way the out is made at first. Great game regardless if it was a hit or FC. As far as I'm concerned that's not really even the story.

Ok i think i got it now lol

The fielder's choice was BC's off Dallas Brown, it was Joe Robertson. Hicks was on first and Cameron Dishon was on second. The ball was hit to SS Cloeren, it took a bounce, he fielded it and went to second. Hicks was safe. I give it a fielder's choice due to Cloeren made no intention of ever going to first whether he would have gotten Joe or not.

wait what? infield hit by LC-M but Cloeren who play for LC-M didn't throw it to first? come on fellas lets get on the same page my head is hurting lol

I think TD got it backwards in his earlier post.  It was no no for Brown for 6 innings, then Barry for 7th no hits. then BC with 2 hits in 8th.

Yes they gave BC an infield hit in the 5th I think it was. I did have it backwards but I have now fixed it. Sorry for the confusion.  I would have scored it differently but that's not what was put on the board. I agree as far as I was concerned there were no hits on either side through 7 innings.

Yes they gave BC an infield hit in the 5th I think it was. I did have it backwards but I have now fixed it. Sorry for the confusion.  I would have scored it differently but that's not what was put on the board. I agree as far as I was concerned there were no hits on either side through 7 innings.

thanks td that was really confusing me  :D

Ok i think i got it now lol

The fielder's choice was BC's off Dallas Brown, it was Joe Robertson. Hicks was on first and Cameron Dishon was on second. The ball was hit to SS Cloeren, it took a bounce, he fielded it and went to second. Hicks was safe. I give it a fielder's choice due to Cloeren made no intention of ever going to first whether he would have gotten Joe or not.

That's how us fans scored it.

I am curious about this Matt Hicks fellow...Is he anyway related (maybe a nephew) to Rip Matthews?

I believe he is......Rip pitched at Sam Houston w/ a friend of mine.

Rip is Matt's uncle, played with Coach Griff back in the 'old days' and usually makes the alumni games.

This was the best game. If you missed it you really missed something. If you like good pitching that is. All three kids were great. This kind of game makes an old man think he still has one good inning left. Knowing good and well I can't bust a grape, it sure makes you want to get out there and try.  ;)

This was the best game. If you missed it you really missed something. If you like good pitching that is. All three kids were great. This kind of game makes an old man think he still has one good inning left. Knowing good and well I can't bust a grape, it sure makes you want to get out there and try.  ;)

if i wasn't up here in Carthage playing ball myself i would have been there in a heartbeat.  ;)

Hicks, Encalade lift BC past LC-M

Gabe Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — If fans were not satisfied after leaving Cardinal Field Tuesday night, they may never be satisfied after a baseball game.

The Bridge City Cardinals and Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears fought tooth-and-nail with Cardinals’ pinch-hitter Grant Encalade providing the game's second hit, a game-winner.

For the second time in as many at bats, Encalade drove in the winning run as the Cardinals defeated the Bears 1-0.

Starting pitchers Dallas Brown for LC-M and Matt Hicks for Bridge City hurled no hitters.

Brown went six innings and struck out nine with three walks and no hits. Hicks tossed eight innings of no-hit baseball while striking out 16 batters and walking two.

Encalade, who had a game-winning double to win the Nederland Baseball Classic, came up with two outs and runners on first and second.

Joe Robertson was on second after walking and moved to second on a single from Luke Rhodes, the game’s only hit.

Encalade took a 1-0 pitch from Tim Barry into right field and was soon after mobbed by his teammates.

“I love it,†Encalade said. “I was more nervous during this at bat than in Nederland. I guess it was because the Bears are more of our rivals and I was coming off the bench this time.â€

Hicks only allowed two base runners the entire game and faced 26 batters.

“I have played baseball with those guys (LC-M) all my life and I know they are all great hitters,†Hicks said. “When you go into a game you expect to win but you don’t expect to no hit LC-M. It was really unexpected and I am really excited.â€

Brown was equally impressive on the mound before being taken out after 93 pitches.

Brown was able to get out of jams in the first, third and fifth innings.

Hicks made it to third in the bottom of the first but with two down, Brown struck out Dylan Mulhollan to end the threat.

The Cardinals then had two runners in scoring position in the bottom of the third before Brown struck out Luke Rhodes to once again keep the game scoreless.

The Cardinals then loaded the bases in the bottom of the fifth on two walks and a fielder’s choice.

For the third time in the game Brown used a strike out to keep the game tied.

The Bears lone serious threat came in the top of the third as LC-M pushed a runner to third on a walk and a sacrifice bunt.

Hicks used back-to-back strike outs to end the threat.

Shane Waddell walked in the top of the sixth to give LC-M its second base runner of the game.

Waddell stole second before Hicks had three consecutive strike outs to end the inning.

The Bears will return to action Thursday when they participate in the New Caney Tournament. The Cardinals are set to host the Cardinals Athletic Booster Club Classic.

if i wasn't up here in Carthage playing ball myself i would have been there in a heartbeat.  ;)

Stay away from Flatforks  ;D  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476