HJ Coaches

Last night i witnessed one of the best moments I have ever seen in Basketball. Coach davis from HJ clutching both Bailey and Spikes for several minutes each. Clay you are a class act. that is what this is all about, awesome moment. I bring my son to watch HJ games every time I get the chance and that is why.  Good Luck HJ, awesome season Jasper.....

Guest spinks

Last night i witnessed one of the best moments I have ever seen in Basketball. Coach davis from HJ clutching both Bailey and Spikes for several minutes each. Clay you are a class act. that is what this is all about, awesome moment. I bring my son to watch HJ games every time I get the chance and that is why.  Good Luck HJ, awesome season Jasper.....

Quickdraw I do not know you but you may know that Clay is my brother.  Clay is one of the most selfless people in this world and  I saw this moment as well and it is indeed is what basketball is all about.  I know I can speak for all three members of the coaching staff in saying that they literally do it all for the kids.  The kids at HJ are very lucky to have these three men as their coaches.  When Clay did his first Jasper camp this kid was the camp MVP and Clay said just an awesome kid.  No one has any idea how happy Clay was to see Jasper where they were as that was his vision for Jasper basketball so it was very fulfilling for him to see Jasper where they were.

I also enjoyed seeing Coach Sutherland hug Grayson after we'd clinched Austin.  It has to be tough on them, taking all that pressure home with them, all season long...  It's a wonderful thing that they're still doing that at this point in the season!

I now have two sons who have played for these HJ coaches-- and gone to Austin.  Coincidence?  Nope.  There are no finer coaches of high school basketball than the three we've been blessed with in Sour Lake these past five years.  Coaches Sutherland, Davis, and Lee could take matchsticks and splinters and a little glue, and put together a house to withstand hurricanes.  Okay, maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but get my point: those men make more of the talent available to them than any coaches I know of, unless you want to count Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers.

these coaches are class acts!  Coach Davis coached me when i was about 12 years old (for less than a month on an allstar team).  13 years later, having not seen him in pretty much all that time, I PM'ed him on here, and asked if he remembered me.  he immediately remembered me and my "sweet left-handed jumpshot".  with the hundreds of kids he's coached since then, him remembering said a lot to me about how much he cares for the athletes he coaches. 

athlete and bullets should not be used in the same sentence!!!!! :D :D :D :D

we need to have a competition of some sort.  i'm thinking basketball, soccer for me, golf for you, maybe bowling, ping pong, some other stuff where your impressive girth won't hinder you.  ;D

we need to have a competition of some sort.  i'm thinking basketball, soccer for me, golf for you, maybe bowling, ping pong, some other stuff where your impressive girth won't hinder you.   ;D

Pie eating contest?

we need to have a competition of some sort.  i'm thinking basketball, soccer for me, golf for you, maybe bowling, ping pong, some other stuff where your impressive girth won't hinder you.   ;D

I will have you know that I took bowling in college since my golf coach was the bowling professor!!!  Easy A!!!!!!!  Also I won the Intramural Ping Pong tourney........you do not want any small man!!! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D:o :o :o

I will have you know that I took bowling in college since my golf coach was the bowling professor!!!  Easy A!!!!!!!  Also I won the Intramural Ping Pong tourney........you do not want any small man!!! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D:o :o :o

i finished second in our ping pong tourney, and i carried a 200 average a couple years back when i was in a bowling league.  YOU don't want any, big guy!

Your in trouble then......in college I had a 216 average........bring it.........what do you use a 8 pound ball!!!!!!

nope, but i might need you to hold my 8 pound balls while i bowl  ::)  when was college, anyway, the early 90's?

anywho, how about those HJ coaches!

Your in trouble then......in college I had a 216 average........bring it.........what do you use a 8 pound ball!!!!!!

nope, but i might need you to hold my 8 pound balls while i bowl  ::)  when was college, anyway, the early 90's?

anywho, how about those HJ coaches!

Actually it was in the early 90s.........92-93 to be exact!!!!!!!!  As far as the coaches go.......................I will beat them in ping pong and just ask Nos what happened last time he and I bowled together!!!!!!!  Although the last time that Nos bowled he did have a fine game at his son's birthday party!!!

Guest spinks

Hey you HJ guys, can you find out why Twin County Little Dribblers Majors are running scared from the Hamshire Fannett Majors? We can't get you guys to scrimmage us. The Seniors came but lost by 20+ points.

HF will beat HJ....................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............never!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder