All SETXsports Girls Basketball Team Nominations

Post your nominations for our All SETXsports Girls Basketball Team.  We will follow a similar format to the all district teams.

MVP

Offensive MVP

Defensive MVP

Newcomer of the Year

Coach of the Year

First Team

Second Team

Honorable Mention

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP  Hargraves (Kountze)

Defensive MVP L. Moore (HJ)

Offensive MVP O. Wagner (OF)

New Comer ?

Coach of the Year Woodville's coach

First team

Fontneot (HJ)

Beach (OF)

Weldon (OF)

Washington (Silsbee)

Second team

Scales (OF)

Sutherland (HJ)

Heard (WOS)

King (HJ)

Honorable Mention

A. Wagner (OF)

These are the only teams I saw, or remember.  I didn't see many 4-A teams.

Guest bleed orange

Here is my first, second and honorable mention teams:

First Team

Najarae Wiley-Central

Soujourner Brown- Ozen

Latrecia Moore-HJ

Olivia Wagner- Orangefield

Kayla Hargraves-Kountze

Second Team

Kynidda Purdy- Central

Alexus Brannon-Ozen

Victoria Fontenot-HJ

Allie Beach-Orangefield

Kaila Johnson-Kountze

Honorable Mention

India Thomas-West Brook

B. Gravis-Evadale

Kindra Wright-HF

Danielle Johnson-HF

Taylor Sutherland-HJ

Ellen Williams-LCM

Jessica Weldon-Orangefield

Savannah Desmarais-Nederland

Raynisha Washington-Silsbee

Demetrius Heard-WOS

I know there is a lot more. But these are some names that I have read about.

Guest bleed orange

Keep them coming!!  Got about another week before we announce the team.

See, you can not rely on some of the other posters. They are "Homers". Go to the Houston Chronicle and you can get some stats of the girls in this area. They are not accurate but close.

Keep them coming!!  Got about another week before we announce the team.

See, you can not rely on some of the other posters. They are "Homers". Go to the Houston Chronicle and you can get some stats of the girls in this area. They are not accurate but close.

Bleed, I would say almost totally disregard the Chron stats.  They only take what the coach gives them and that is hit and miss at best.  BH only reports top two scorers for each game and no other stats...pretty typical of most schools in the area.  So the Chron stats don't look anything like our actual stats.  I  would just rely on the official school stats if you can get them.

Guest bleed orange

Hello, can Woodville get some love. We did make it to state championship game!

Put their names on here. Don't know any of the girls from Woodville.

Guest Aggie by Birth

Curious how so many OF girls getting selected over Kountze girls?  We beat them each time we played, and Deaver, Hargraves and Johnson all dominated those games.

At Any given time this season, each one of the "three" was high point in the game!  will go out on a limb here...healthy Hargraves and ability to play ball like they were accustomed to as a team...it wouls have been Kountze in Austin!

Deaver had over 100 3 pointers this season....Johnson 16 ppg. and avg. over 10 boards per game...and Hargraves avg. 18 ppg. and arguably the best ball handler in the area.

My vote;

Graves - MVP

Deaver and Lohnson - Offensive MVP or 1st teamers for sure!!!

Guest bleed orange

Curious how so many OF girls getting selected over Kountze girls?  We beat them each time we played, and Deaver, Hargraves and Johnson all dominated those games.

At Any given time this season, each one of the "three" was high point in the game!  will go out on a limb here...healthy Hargraves and ability to play ball like they were accustomed to as a team...it wouls have been Kountze in Austin!

Deaver had over 100 3 pointers this season....Johnson 16 ppg. and avg. over 10 boards per game...and Hargraves avg. 18 ppg. and arguably the best ball handler in the area.

My vote;

Graves - MVP

Maybe just maybe there are more Orangefield posters on here than Kountze posters. Does it really matter? They said to nominate players. That's what you are suppose to do. As far as Kountze going to Austin, I wish they would have. I was pulling for them. If, Ifs and buts where beer and nuts we would have a party. By the way no one has been SELECTED yet. Also I would not say they dominated. Because if they did the score would have been more than 2-6 points in each victory. What Brock did to Woodville proved that region 3 was not that strong in 2A.

My vote;

Graves - MVP

In that case then Woodville should have more then Kountze right?  ::)

Hargraves-Ktz

Moore-HJ

Wagner-O-field

Washington-Silsbee

Brown-Ozen

Deaver-Kountze

Wiley-Central

Johnson-Ktz

Fontenot-HJ

Thomas-EC

WOS also had a girl that was a very good offensice player but her name escapes me right now.The Thomas kid from EC really impressed me early in the season before a knee injury slowed her down a little.I think she is an underclassman and will be a player to keep your eye on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder