Dayton vs Liberty

JS

Cost of Soccer Coach: $35,000

Cost of Soccer Uniforms: $6,000

Cost of Soccer Travel: $3,000

Cost of Soccer Officials for Year: $5,000

Income from Soccer Gates for Year: $6

Income from Soccer Concessions for Year: $13

Loss of spoiled food product in soccer concessions: $1,000 (The first year. Year two ya buy a pack of buns and dogs.)

TOTAL PROFIT: -$49,981 (Ummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!) Thats just the boys team!!!!!

Soccer uniforms cost more than football uniforms.  WOW!!!! 

Cost of all teams, initial purchase and shoe figures I was given.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new program is building up Coach deel is makin it fun the middle school kids are loving every minute there in a panther uniform. I have to say yes i had fun under coach stewart, but i had a real great sr. year coach deel is building a great panther program the class of 14 has more size speed and heart than anyother class that i have seen thats what it takes to be a championship football team so in a few years i would love to see dayton try to stop them panthers or anyone else they step on the field with.

surely you jest.......if not then set the date big boy---we are patient

We've only been waiting since what 1989??

The new program is building up Coach deel is makin it fun the middle school kids are loving every minute there in a panther uniform. I have to say yes i had fun under coach stewart, but i had a real great sr. year coach deel is building a great panther program the class of 14 has more size speed and heart than anyother class that i have seen thats what it takes to be a championship football team so in a few years i would love to see dayton try to stop them panthers or anyone else they step on the field with.

surely you jest.......if not then set the date big boy---we are patient

We've only been waiting since what 1989??

Dang shame too, cause you and I and some other folks all had to miss that when we grew up on it!!!

Sorry but these two teams are headed in two different directions. This was a great rivalry and as a graduate from Liberty in 84, maybe the last time we beat Dayton. Ricky Eggleston was a truly great player and glad I had the opportunity to know him. The problem here is that Liberty does not and will not have the numbers that Dayton has to choose from. Oh and Liberty will not put the money into there sports facility as did Dayton. I hate to say this but Hardin is in the process of surpassing Liberty as well.

Sorry but these two teams are headed in two different directions. This was a great rivalry and as a graduate from Liberty in 84, maybe the last time we beat Dayton. Ricky Eggleston was a truly great player and glad I had the opportunity to know him. The problem here is that Liberty does not and will not have the numbers that Dayton has to choose from. Oh and Liberty will not put the money into there sports facility as did Dayton. I hate to say this but Hardin is in the process of surpassing Liberty as well.

That is the truth!

Liberty high ups don't care about football. They want to please the upper white class. They got rid of a football coach cause he tried to win Football games.

Liberty now is a basketball school and soccer school. Football will be important in Liberty only when they spend the money to get a another real Football Coach

in there instead of the dude they got now who was the board's no decision man two years ago.

Liberty high ups don't care about football. They want to please the upper white class. They got rid of a football coach cause he tried to win Football games.

Liberty now is a basketball school and soccer school. Football will be important in Liberty only when they spend the money to get a another real Football Coach

in there instead of the dude they got now who was the board's no decision man two years ago.

Giving you some love for that absolutely right on statement!

Liberty will always be, just like the majority of schools in Texas, a football school. I think what you're seeing now is a little more attention being paid to the other sports which we have been lacking in for quite some time. Give this new coach a break, and I feel pretty sure that he will get this schools athletic department going in the right direction. As for the upper white class running the show, thats not the case. Stewart was rumored to be on the way out quite a few different times. Seems like he always came through with a good season to save his job. The down years that Liberty has had as of late are purely the result of a lack of talent, and alot of talent that doesn't care to play or moves to another school for one reason or another. This new coach and his staff are really putting alot of enthusiasm back in the program and he will get it going, and he has the backing of the higher ups as well as the community. The school has been putting a little financial help towards the athletic department as it has been in dire need for quite some time. Hurricane Ike made a bad situation very much worse and now with the economy the way its been I'm sure that will slow things some also but people are working hard to make this a better place. Also the booster club that Liberty has really does alot and these volunteers work their tails off.

Liberty will always be, just like the majority of schools in Texas, a football school. I think what you're seeing now is a little more attention being paid to the other sports which we have been lacking in for quite some time. Give this new coach a break, and I feel pretty sure that he will get this schools athletic department going in the right direction. As for the upper white class running the show, thats not the case. Stewart was rumored to be on the way out quite a few different times. Seems like he always came through with a good season to save his job. The down years that Liberty has had as of late are purely the result of a lack of talent, and alot of talent that doesn't care to play or moves to another school for one reason or another. This new coach and his staff are really putting alot of enthusiasm back in the program and he will get it going, and he has the backing of the higher ups as well as the community. The school has been putting a little financial help towards the athletic department as it has been in dire need for quite some time. Hurricane Ike made a bad situation very much worse and now with the economy the way its been I'm sure that will slow things some also but people are working hard to make this a better place. Also the booster club that Liberty has really does alot and these volunteers work their tails off.

I hope they do turn it around.

i agree 110% with you wes57 and i really do believe the middle school loves football and will be a pretty dominant threat when they get into high school the team to watch is the incoming freshman by there sr year i wanna see them going deep into the playoffs

Fact of the matter is that I was not happy when they got rid of coach Stewart.  But after watching this new coach and talking to the kids I do think that he might be the person to help all sports at Liberty.  He does appear to have the kids excited to play and practice - will this continue we will have to see.  But I do not feel it is right to dismiss the coach as a poor coach and AD after 1 bad football season.  I give him kudos for finally getting a real boys BB coach into the system and look they made the playoffs.  The BB coach they had for all the years my son was in school did not coach just let the kids play and it showed.  As a Panther supporter lest give this new AD a chance before we throw him under the bus.

And as far as the higher ups not caring about sports in Liberty - I see that going both ways.  I just feel that the school district needs to put more $$$$$$$ into the system and let the coaches have what they need and then just let them coach without interference.

And as far as this post - Liberty vs. Dayton - would love to see an annual game between these two teams but in fairness to Liberty lets wait a few years first.

half the kids that play for dayton lives in liberty. if liberty could keep them they may have something working

I know we've had some move to dayton... (ie. P. fontenot, X. Baldwin who came before or during their freshman year).... who plays for dayton that actually still lives in liberty??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86