Dayton vs Liberty

JS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty hiding some Carranco style kickers?You're so great in soccer.From what I hear on the radio as much as the broadcasters try to make it seem the panthers are good there downright awful and I don't think many of you would make it past 2 weeks of Bronco practice.And I guess being a Vietnam Vet makes me a oldtimer but watching them Broncos makes me wanna try harder to overcome my disabilities and I can only wish that I could have played under Coach Stewart.Check back Playa on your own school records or just ask a oldtimer in Liberty or Dayton to tell you about a PANTHA PLAYA who first name was Sterling that would be my dad who played for the best coach Liberty ever had.

Liberty hiding some Carranco style kickers?You're so great in soccer.From what I hear on the radio as much as the broadcasters try to make it seem the panthers are good there downright awful and I don't think many of you would make it past 2 weeks of Bronco practice.And I guess being a Vietnam Vet makes me a oldtimer but watching them Broncos makes me wanna try harder to overcome my disabilities and I can only wish that I could have played under Coach Stewart.Check back Playa on your own school records or just ask a oldtimer in Liberty or Dayton to tell you about a PANTHA PLAYA who first name was Sterling that would be my dad who played for the best coach Liberty ever had.

Well said liltex. guess we vietnam vets are just too old to voice our opinions anymore huh? lol i just wished i could have played under a stewart coached team myself. you and i know what the outcome of a liberty vs. dayton game would turn out to be. it would be ugly lol

Playa,Where ya at?Did you letter in Golf?I'm too old for football or any running event but I would love to spank you in a round of Golf on any course,the longer the better.Blue tee's not the ladies unless we play irons only.If you can't play close to scratch do not take the offer.

Playa,Where ya at?Did you letter in Golf?I'm too old for football or any running event but I would love to spank you in a round of Golf on any course,the longer the better.Blue tee's not the ladies unless we play irons only.If you can't play close to scratch do not take the offer.

Liltex I could take you up on that offer later this fall. While you guys from Dayton hanging out here I have a question. Do you have any idea what ever became of the Boston brothers? How about Curtis Stevens the qb from the class of seventy five? Who was the HC for Dayton during that time frame?

Do not know but still lot of Boston's in Dayton.My brother played a little bit earlier than 75 and played for Bruce Pruitt who later went to Barbers Hill I think.I wanna say Bob Edwards, as that was about the time I worked for Gulf States Utilities and he called me to rewire and clean every incandesant fixture on the football field and tennis courts if my memory is correct.

I can remember as a kid that Liberty use to have some hoss teams. Way back when they were in the same district as King, Humble, and Crosby Panthers had some speed. What happen? Really Liberty had nowhere to grow right? Plus when National Pipe shut down killed the job situation. Someone just bought that facility and maybe it will create some jobs in Liberty.

Well I remember not too many years ago when they were real good and luck of the draw they catch Newton right out the playoff gate.I do not know what has happened since.Last year they had some key injuries early.Seems they lack in something just can't put my finger on it.But the old saying you build it and they will come-Maybe it's time to revamp the field and facilities and show a little more support to the kids.Their win percentages in the History have dwindled from the powerhouse of old.I wish them well and hope a fire get's rekindled in their football program.Been awhile since scouts looked at Liberty for scholarships.It is still about the kids.

Well I remember not too many years ago when they were real good and luck of the draw they catch Newton right out the playoff gate.I do not know what has happened since.Last year they had some key injuries early.Seems they lack in something just can't put my finger on it.But the old saying you build it and they will come-Maybe it's time to revamp the field and facilities and show a little more support to the kids.Their win percentages in the History have dwindled from the powerhouse of old.I wish them well and hope a fire get's rekindled in their football program.Been awhile since scouts looked at Liberty for scholarships.It is still about the kids.

I am a true bronco fan but cheer for all liberty county teams. good luck this season panthers. be nice to see all liberty county teams in the play-offs.

Ya know guys..I just cant ever remember saying that Liberty could beat Dayton in football....Find the post where I said that and I'll eat crow.

Anyways, I ran the 800 and the mile in high school. But I'm pretty sure I'm just going to run the 8 here at Tarleton, mainly because I cant run a 4:30 mile.

I think Liberty has had some great coaches. I believe the ones I played for were great coaches.

Bragging on Liberty's soccer team?? I saw that the Liberty soccer team made $36 at the gate and $14 at the concession stand during their last game. Congrats!! Yall Rock!  Does Dayton even have a soccer team? Well I guess we gotta have a team for the boys that cant make the football team.

Just giving you a hard time Playa. Congrats on getting to run for the Tarleton Texans. They have a hellofa rodeo program up there and its a fun school without all of the big school problems. You will like it.

And give us a holler now and then on Stephenville's games.Those fans love their program-I can still hear those ball bearings rattling in those freon cannisters they had painted blue/yellow.Can they still do that?Dayton was told no Noise Makers allowed in the Alamodome but w/the crowd who needed noise?Good Luck up there.

And give us a holler now and then on Stephenville's games.Those fans love their program-I can still hear those ball bearings rattling in those freon cannisters they had painted blue/yellow.Can they still do that?Dayton was told no Noise Makers allowed in the Alamodome but w/the crowd who needed noise?Good Luck up there.

I heard Stephenville is pretty good. Are they 4A?

Yes they are 4A and a little more than pretty good. Over the last few years they have been a fixture in the state championship race. They are almost always a preseason top 10 team. Have fun up there and wear a cowboy hat, the chicks in the Ville love cowboys. (Not that I would know from experience but trust me on this one)

It is a huge rival game every year Stephenville vs.Everman  they played twice last year and won game one and lost to Everman in the playoff's.Stephenville's been a powerhouse for football for years and went toe to toe w/La Marque several times.Like clockwork they are there along w/Rider most years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476