WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.....

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

PN-G hires some unknown first year guy from the Dallas area for their head coaching position, and they plaster he and his wife on the FRONT PAGE of the PORT ARTHUR NEWS....Kenny Harrison (who is FROM PORT ARTHUR) gets named the head coach at PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL and gets a small side shot on the sports page....Somebody explain this to me, please. ::) ::)

I guess the first one was a surprise and the second one wasn't.  IMHO.

PN-G hires some unknown first year guy from the Dallas area for their head coaching position, and they plaster he and his wife on the FRONT PAGE of the PORT ARTHUR NEWS....Kenny Harrison (who is FROM PORT ARTHUR) gets named the head coach at PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL and gets a small side shot on the sports page....Somebody explain this to me, please. ::) ::)

Probably because the coach from Dallas and the Port Artur News staff have a lot in common. :-X :-X :-X

I looked all over the sports section for it and thought the same thing. It is the main headline on the front page.

????????????      ??? ??? ???

Probably because the coach from Dallas and the Port Artur News staff have a lot in common. :-X :-X :-X

???

As part of the newspaper business, what else was on the front page that day? Maybe there was a breaking story which took precedent over a sports story. Just trying to find the angle and make some realize there is a lot that goes into what stories are in what places in a newspaper.

Guest DickVitale

I just found it strange that the PORT ARTHUR News, along with various other media outlets refuse to cover one of their own (meaning a hometown product and all) in the same way they covered this guy that is a realtive unknown...It just baffles me.....Just wanted some other opinions, thats all...No pot stirring here... ::) :)

I just found it strange that the PORT ARTHUR News, along with various other media outlets refuse to cover one of their own (meaning a hometown product and all) in the same way they covered this guy that is a realtive unknown...It just baffles me.....Just wanted some other opinions, thats all...No pot stirring here... ::) :)

The PA coach got a front page picture and article as well as an article in the sports page followed up by an article with glowing praise from Mr. PANews (West) himself. What else do you want?

Front page coverage was pretty good.  So, what's the beef?

The PA coach got a front page picture and article as well as an article in the sports page followed up by an article with glowing praise from Mr. PANews (West) himself. What else do you want?

Guest DickVitale

I was looking at a THURSDAY paper that day and THAT was the day everything was made official....It was there on Friday, I just knew about it like Tuesday....PA News did their job, and I apologize for suggesting otherwise... 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin