• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sophomores:

Amir Jalali- PNG

Jordan Darnall- WOS

Reggie Wilson- Westbrook

Austin Stone- PNG

Hunter Hagler- Vidor

all have great talent, will surely be the stars of the coming years.

I agree with you those guys can play!

Nederland has quite a few underclassmen as well:

Anthony Babino-Sophomore

Brett Brown-Freshman

Jacob Pitts-Sophomore

Stephen Schlett-Sophomore

Tyler Smith-Sophomore

Trevin Sonnier-Sophomore

jalali plays with GTB during the summer, along with a LOT of other highly talented young players from the area.

and Jones from Kville doesn't throw in the mid 80's. he's lucky to touch 80. Seen him pitch on multiple occasions and he's never impressed me.

and nederland and PNG are really loaded with young talent aren't they!?

Gonzales will be solid and i hear matt mernard, bc's freshman running back, is also a baseball stud as well. is this true?

Both PNG Freshman and JV are loaded with talent.  Here are a few names that come up:

PNG Freshman

Tyler Lacour

Daniel Sparrow

Jordan Rodriguez

Aaron Graham

PNG Sophomores(other than the ones already mentioned on this post)

Hunter Knox

Hunter Denzlinger

jalali plays with GTB during the summer, along with a LOT of other highly talented young players from the area.

and Jones from Kville doesn't throw in the mid 80's. he's lucky to touch 80. Seen him pitch on multiple occasions and he's never impressed me.

Gonzales will be solid and i hear matt mernard, bc's freshman running back, is also a baseball stud as well. is this true?

as what a freshman.  seen him pitch latley??? trust me the guns were in the mid 80"s.

Matt Hicks from BC

Brandon Hillin from Buna

Blanton Craft from Buna

Josh Clark from Buna

Ryan Sheppard Buna

Kolby Baxter Buna

Keaton Baker Buna

Kale Terrier Buna

"CUB" Clark Buna

yeah i know, kinda one sided but hey its my opinion

Did I misread the thread topic.  I thought it asks for Sophomores and Freshmen.  Your listing Seniors and Juniors that are current stars not future stars.  Maybe I misunderstood the intent of this thread.

Silsbee is loaded with young future stars.  It is going to be fun watching these young men for many years. I feel they are all a cut above.

One truly stands out.  Fr. Colby Jenkins will be a name that everyone will be hearing for years to come.  He has a lot going for him.  He is gifted, works hard and loves the game.

You are dead on. Silsbee is loaded with young future stars. With only one Sr. starting on the team the Fr. and Soph. will have to grow up quick as they will laterally be put behind the eight ball. I can tell you about Clint Scoggins So. and Colby Jenkins Fr. I know these two very well so I will talk about them. These two will pitch this year for Silsbee. Both have above average arms that will amaze you for such young talent. These are just two of several great players that you will be hearing about form Silsbee for the next few years. Go Tigers!!!

Silsbee is loaded with young future stars.  It is going to be fun watching these young men for many years. I feel they are all a cut above.

One truly stands out.  Fr. Colby Jenkins will be a name that everyone will be hearing for years to come.  He has a lot going for him.  He is gifted, works hard and loves the game.

Their best run will come in 2011.  That current sophomore class is deep and committed.  No amazing athletes, but more than a few kids with developing skill.  I was certain there were two seniors, one is to come following basketball season.

Their best run will come in 2011.  That current sophomore class is deep and committed.  No amazing athletes, but more than a few kids with developing skill.  I was certain there were two seniors, one is to come following basketball season.

so thier fresman group from last year was good??? Kville's freshman smoked them a couple of times last year!!

so thier fresman group from last year was good??? Kville's freshman smoked them a couple of times last year!!

Lets see, what did the JV and Varsity do last year. That is where the ones playing Varsity this year played last year. Moved them up and down on JV and Varsity last year. I can't remember can you tell me.

I have watched WOS, LCM, Hamshire Fannett, Lumberton play so far. Your leaving one key 3A player out of the conversation. A sophomore,  the Anderson kid from WOS was very impressive against a top notch LCM team on Tuesday.  If he can pitch like that against LCM the rest of 3A better be ready for some tough district games this year.

I have watched WOS, LCM, Hamshire Fannett, Lumberton play so far. Your leaving one key 3A player out of the conversation. A sophomore,  the Anderson kid from WOS was very impressive against a top notch LCM team on Tuesday.  If he can pitch like that against LCM the rest of 3A better be ready for some tough district games this year.

He's in the conversation now bbtbaseball09, thanks for giving him some pub.

Not the same group. Silsbee uses a "sophomore" team. Most of those guys were on JV. I don't think Kirbyville 'smoked' them.

I can say that the freshman class at Barbers Hill is loaded with talent.  Though none are on the varsity (11 seniors) there are a few that would be if at a different program.  Three started off practicing with the varsity and the correct decision was made to put them on the JV.  These kids need playing time to develop and they will.    Cody Thompson, Kyle Leggett, and Grayson Long are names you will here about as pitchers. Long is the most under rated of the three pitchers, I have seen all of them throw and Long looks to throw the hardest, I did not have a gun, but looked much faster than the other two.  This kid will be 6'6" by the time he stops growing and will be a force on the mound by his Jr. year.  Thompson is versatile, he can catch and pitch, and has been on fire at the plate.  Leggett looks to be the best replacement for the senior shortstop next year.  His glove has been very impressive.  The thing these 3 pitchers need to learn is a couple of more pitches.  Blake Bonnin has a very consistent bat and a strong glove no matter where he plays, he will give you a .350-.450 hitter in the lineup.  Wade Duke who is on the Soph. team will be a very strong outfielder, great speed and is ripping the ball (should be on JV) He is a very good athlete.  Richie Pearson another one with great speed in the outfield.  He is still a little raw, but has great potintial and will be developed into a great outfielder by his Jr. year.  The soph. class has a some quality with James Ballard, if he stays healthy he will be a stud in the lineup next year, and they have James Santana another soph.  He is very versatile and can play 2nd, SS, and outfield, with a pretty good bat and great speed on the bases.  Barbers Hill also has to incoming freshmen that will make a fast impact, Preston Townly and Tyler Beasly will probably be 4 yr. letter winners.

Leggett (fresh)

Thompson (fresh)

Bonnin (fresh)

Long (fresh)

Duke (fresh)

Pearson (fresh)

Gillis (fresh)

Bellard (soph)

Santana(soph)

Green (soph)

These kids give Barbers Hill a bright hopeful future.  Lots of pitching and lots of sticks.

Hey brown022, you make a case for some of these kids, but it is obvious that you have not been to all of the JV games, especially this past weekend. It is still early and the coaches are trying to work kids in and out to see what they have, but some of the kids you mentioned are not even starting! Just like the Varsity team, the underclassmen will have to wait their turn. I haven't seen any outstanding freshmen that bring consistency to the game, as least at this point of the season. Sure, they are contributing at times, but this is baseball and you can't get excited about one or two games. Look what happen against Santa Fe, two of the pitchers you mentioned accounted for 11 runs and against Huffman, one of the kids gave up 6 runs in one inning. Yea, I know you can make a point about some errors, but keep in mine that some of the other kids you mentioned are the ones making the errors, too!

Santa Fe has an older JV team, but my point is these younger kids are not ready to face older kids when it comes to pitching or hitting. They need more time.

You only mentioned three sophomores. You need to come out and watch some games because you’re missing some good talent. There was a kid who was lights out against Dayton, both on the mound and at the plate. In addition, there are a few more kids who have great potential, including one kid who is knocking the cover off the ball and playing third and a big kid who can probably pitch as good as most of the Varsity kids that I’ve seen! So, if you’re going to mention names, then at least mention all of them. Remember some of these kids may be reading these posts!

Oh, and if you were wondering, I don't have a kid on the BH team. I'm just a baseball guy who happens to watch a lot of baseball all over Southeast Texas and know a lot of coaches. This weekend I chose the BH Tournament and next weekend I will be at the Huffman Tournament. Good luck BH. See you soon!

Did not mean to offend by not listing the roster, but I will not mention names anymore, but it was funny nothing was mentioned about the other list of names that were listed on a previous blog.    I have seen a great amount of consistency from the freshmen on the JV.  Two combined for 14 hits in four games, that shows as much consitency as one can.  The pitching will improve, but the left side of the infield had numerous errors with two outs, and Santa Fe scored 6 runs on those two outs.  I will say that the pitcher did a great job, pitching against Dayton, but they did not compare to Sante Fe.  From what I have read there seems to be tension against this freshmen group, saying they are not ready or they do not show consistency when in in 7 games (yes some being just scrimmages) you have two hitting around or a little over .500 and one playing shortstop that has zero errors, and most of the runs scored against these pitchers were set up by errors.  I say they are solid, and I also think there are some solid sophs. as well, as I thought my last comments mentioned.  I guess we can try to predict who will be stand outs and who won't, bottom line is we will see in the next two years.  The truth is told on the field.  But until then, Barbers Hill has a great varsity team this year, lots of seniors who can pound the baseball, it will be fun to watch the hitting attack.  They should go far in the play-offs.    This is my last response to this forum.  We will see in the next years who the future stars are.

Ohhhh so touchy brown022! You have to be related to one of the freshman kids! You did not offend me. Remember, I don't have a kid playing at BH. There is no problem mentioning certain kids, everybody is getting their kid's name out there. Obviously there is different definitions of consistency, as well as facts. For example, you may want to ask around if you haven't been to all the games, to say that a certain kid has zero errors, is not quite accurate! As far as tension, I haven't noticed nor have heard of any, could be coming from the kids not playing! This time of the year, all coaches will move kids in and out of the lineup and play them at different positions, so the kids no playing time will be limited. Yes, in time certain kids will stand out and some will fade away. That is life! Take care brown022. Enjoy the game and don't worry about the rest!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder