Jasper's HC Vacancy..Will Hire Tonight!!!!!!!

Bulldog92

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any on know what type of team Jasper is going to have.I saw the JV play a few time and they look real good.

I think they had some good young players on the varsity.  RB Ben Armstrong was only a Soph as I remember.

Jasper has a good group of RB. coming back that why i think a more running style game plan is needed with a few pass in there just to mix things up a little bit

I think he was pulling your leg about Lauve. The job closes on Friday. So, maybe we'll hear about who applied next week.

What kind of shape is the program in comparison to when Brooks took over?

worse I think brooks couldnt win more than one game in the playoffs

The year before Brooks came back, Jasper lost no playoffs games.  But, they didn't play any either.  :(

Brooks is a great Coach and did what he could!

Brooks definitely resurrected the program when he came in 2000. The program had gone a few years without any playoff games if I remember correctly. I don't think the program was in as bad of shape when he took over the second time in 2007.

Jaspers next head coach will come from a county adjoining Jasper county. A county on the east side of Jasper.  The rumor is that this man is being pushed by Brooks and has been told the job is his. However, the board has the final say. This man will bring a quality program to Jasper. Shouldn't take you long to figure this one out.

Jaspers next head coach will come from a county adjoining Jasper county. A county on the east side of Jasper.  The rumor is that this man is being pushed by Brooks and has been told the job is his. However, the board has the final say. This man will bring a quality program to Jasper. Shouldn't take you long to figure this one out.

I just always thought he would replace Barbay. I guess he still could...

• 4 weeks later...

Whose your "right guy"?

I live in Seattle, so I'm not really close enough to the situation to know a lot about the candidates. I'm just tired of finding out that we're looking for a new coach every few years. We need someone that knows how to win and will want to stay in Jasper.

Guest tigersvoice

Whose your "right guy"?

I live in Seattle, so I'm not really close enough to the situation to know a lot about the candidates. I'm just tired of finding out that we're looking for a new coach every few years. We need someone that knows how to win and will want to stay in Jasper.

Jasper is a very good 3-A program.  It's a place that a "Youngish" coach could come and make a really good record over 4 - 6 years and then find that bigger program that he wants to go to.  That's just one side of it.  Finding the "Keeper" is going to be a big order.  After all, Coach Brooks didn't leave, he just stepped out.  Wishing Jasper well in their search.

Whose your "right guy"?

A young guy like the last coach who came and stayed for twenty years, won around 80 percent of his games, and took his teams deep into the playoffs several times in spite of being a small 4a team playing big 4a teams as well as 5a teams.

Guest tigersvoice

How about Bill Cowher... I hear he's available. lol. J dog, bdog92, can we get a little donations to get a big name like this?  :D. All we need is like a couple of mill. and we'll throw yalls names on the stadium or somethin.

I believe that Cowher's price is more like $4 MIL a year.  Are you saying that you have $2 Mil covered and just need $2 Mil more? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin