LC-M CISD on schedule to hire AD/Who Gets The Offer???

LC-M CISD on schedule to hire AD

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — Things are moving right along within Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD.

The district closed the application process for its vacant athletic director/head football coach position on Jan. 19 and now expects to begin interviews at the end of this week.

Jim Armstrong, director of student/personnel services at LC-M CISD, said the district did receive a request to release the name of applicants for the post and the decision was made to send the full list out to all interested parties.

“We did not want to send one and not send them to everyone,†Armstrong said. “It is a legal thing. If someone requested it, we were going to provide it. We did not want to compromise the district.â€

Armstrong said he is not aware of any negative feedback from the list of applicants whose names were provided to various local media outlets.

“When people put their name in, they know it is a matter of public knowledge,†Armstrong said. “This is not the first time this has been requested. On one side I don’t like it. If someone is simply exploring their options, some people might look at it as a negative. On the other hand, it is a matter of legality and a matter of public record. Whether I agree with it or not, it’s a legal issue.â€

Barring any major setbacks, Armstrong said Superintendent Dr. Pauline Hargrove hope to make her recommendation on the position at the board’s scheduled meeting on Feb. 9.

“The ultimate recommendation comes from the superintendent and a school board committee,†Armstrong said. “ It is normal to have an interview committee and then make a recommendation. We sure hope to be on schedule.â€

Armstrong also reported there have been no interviews for the position at this time.

The position is reported to pay between $68,026 and $80, 596 for 226 working days.

Some requirements are a minimum of five years of successful teaching and coaching experience, a valid Texas teaching certificate. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.

The LC-M CISD is looking to replace former Athletic Director Todd Moody.

Moody requested to be reassigned within the district in early December and Superintendent Dr. Pauline Hargrove approved the request earlier this month.

Moody was 8-28 in his four seasons at LC-M and turned in an 0-8 record in 2008 with the Bears.

Heard a rumor that Alverez pulled his name? can someone confirm or deny? sure hope not I would have thought he was surely in the Top 3

I heard the same rumor, but for now it's just rumor.  It was also reported that Bolton had interviewed and how impressed the school was with him.  I'm not taking anything away from Bolton, he's a worthy candidate, I just knew he hadn't interviewed yet.

Feb. 9th now seems to be the target date to possibly end the rumors.

I would like to give the LCM hiring group an attaboy. I don't know to what lenghts other boards go to; but I know LCM even called other coaches in the apps district to see what they thought of the app. Even though these other head coaches weren't on the apps reference list. Maybe all the boards do this also, I don't know, but it seems like LCM is doing a good job. 

I would like to give the LCM hiring group an attaboy. I don't know to what lenghts other boards go to; but I know LCM even called other coaches in the apps district to see what they thought of the app. Even though these other head coaches weren't on the apps reference list. Maybe all the boards do this also, I don't know, but it seems like LCM is doing a good job. 

second that  :)

If it is indeed true that Coach Alverez pulled his name than that is bad for LCM because he was a great option, but from what I understand he could not get information he wanted after making a few attempts. I will still say they need a proven HC/AD that has already turned a program around I just think going to a 4A school for your first HC/AD job and in a district as tough as this will only delay progress.

Good luck to the remaining Coaches and the athletes that are waiting on a selection.

I just looked at the poll that the school district took and to be honest with y'all i don't understand what the hiring committee is doing.  I know one app that had plenty of AD experience with alot success, was born and raised in LC-M (also his parents have paid school taxes to LC-M for over 40 years) and he didn't even get an interview.  I really don't understand that at all.  I'm okay with them not hiring him but to not even interview him is ridiculous.  I would put his coaching resume up against anyone that has applied.  I know everyone is excited for Bolton but he has never been a head coach and has only coached at LC-M what one year and he gets a interview?  Also this same guy coached at LC-M before..........

I don't not agree with the majority of people on this.  I think we have tried in the past to hire people that has no ties with LC-M but we have tried that and it does not work(Gamble,Rhodes,and Moody).  There where plenty of good coaches that applied with LC-M ties and personally think that is the best direction to go.  I also think that it would be a plus to have them with some kind of Head Coaching experience................

Guest ladybearsoftball

I think Coach Bolton is a great hire for LCM. LCM needs a motivator and somebody who cares about the whole program and wants to win. I dont think he has  been a head coach but has been a coach for a long time and deserves a chance. 

In regards to head coaching experience post by Luck of the Irish; What does that really mean? I don't know what coach Moody's experience was but look where that got the Bears.  I have done some research on Coach Bolton and he helped turn around a poor Brazosport Exporter team around.  The team went 0-10 the year before he arrived and I believe (don't quote me on this) they didn't win a home game in 3 years before he arrived (hear say the home game part; fact on 0-10).  The year he arrived they wen't 5-5 in a very tough district losing 4 games by a less than 6 points per game.  They were a very competitive team due to his enthusiasm.  In years before, he was part of the 1997 LCM team that I believed made it to the QuarterFinals, and also part of Bridge City's team in 2005 that went to the Quaterfinals.  He has winning experience with football savy and a smart/effective offensive attack (I know for a fact that LCM's past team was not ran under his Offensive even though he was the OC).

Which brings me to the ultimate decision LCM is going to have to make in order to turn around the program.  The qualified candidate must do what other's cannot, but more importantly do what others are not willing to do. Without a doubt, if these two characteristics are required, Coach Bolton is hands down the man to hire.

With all this said, I hope you take more from the first part of the post.  Please if you are anyway part of the hiring process stop reading now, you are only making your input more bias.

In regards to head coaching experience post by Luck of the Irish; What does that really mean? I don't know what coach Moody's experience was but look where that got the Bears.  I have done some research on Coach Bolton and he helped turn around a poor Brazosport Exporter team around.  The team went 0-10 the year before he arrived and I believe (don't quote me on this) they didn't win a home game in 3 years before he arrived (hear say the home game part; fact on 0-10).  The year he arrived they wen't 5-5 in a very tough district losing 4 games by a less than 6 points per game.  They were a very competitive team due to his enthusiasm.  In years before, he was part of the 1997 LCM team that I believed made it to the QuarterFinals, and also part of Bridge City's team in 2005 that went to the Quaterfinals.  He has winning experience with football savy and a smart/effective offensive attack (I know for a fact that LCM's past team was not ran under his Offensive even though he was the OC).

Which brings me to the ultimate decision LCM is going to have to make in order to turn around the program.  The qualified candidate must do what other's cannot, but more importantly do what others are not willing to do. Without a doubt, if these two characteristics are required, Coach Bolton is hands down the man to hire.

With all this said, I hope you take more from the first part of the post.  Please if you are anyway part of the hiring process stop reading now, you are only making your input more bias.

Moody never was a head coach before LCM.

Please do not take this an any way as an assault on Coach Bolton.  I am speaking in generalities.  Why would a hiring committee hire someone that was part of a program that was unsuccessful?  It also is a negative perception that the  person had the previous leader fired so he could get the job.  Not saying that is what happened but no matter how good of a coach the person was, he was still part of a program that did not meet expectations.  That would be like hiring an assistant from another program that was 0-10.  I am not sure the community would go for that at all.  That is how most processes play out.  I am sure LC-M will hire the person best suited for the job.

Please do not take this an any way as an assault on Coach Bolton.  I am speaking in generalities.  Why would a hiring committee hire someone that was part of a program that was unsuccessful?  It also is a negative perception that the  person had the previous leader fired so he could get the job.  Not saying that is what happened but no matter how good of a coach the person was, he was still part of a program that did not meet expectations.  That would be like hiring an assistant from another program that was 0-10.  I am not sure the community would go for that at all.  That is how most processes play out.  I am sure LC-M will hire the person best suited for the job.

I agree, sometimes a complete change is needed. We have some good assistants at PNG, our DC could probably get a HC job(he's a good one) but I wouldn't want any of them to take over PNG. If it was situation such as Nederland then I would say someone like Monty Barrow their OC would be a good choice. But lets face it PNG and LCM are in a complete different situation. Well, at least for the time being.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin