PNG coaching search update

PNG1992

I was house searching in the Port Neches area, but have since changed my mind after reading this thread.  Jackhammer has hit the nail on the head.

LMAO, I seriously hope this is sarcasm. Ive seen it all if someone allows what people post on an internet message board decide where you would or would not want to live.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was house searching in the Port Neches area, but have since changed my mind after reading this thread.  Jackhammer has hit the nail on the head.

** tears rolling down my face **

If LC-M can release their list then PN-G has no excuse. Confidentiality indeed.  ::)  I bet some of the same names may be on PN-G's list that are on the LC-M list as well.

I think most districts are not stupid to the fact that their district is not the best in the world and a coach may want to leave to better themselves in their career. If anything, they wouldn't tell the coach he was fired if he is a winning coach. They will probably offer him a raise in pay to keep him on. So don't give us this "morale" BS and try to talk down to us like PN-G is more careful in their decision making. Breaking the law is not a sound decision.

Come on now, Injuns. Just pony up the names or face the LAWFUL consequences. Even the attorney general can't help you stop a FOI.

Look again at my post about what you call the "Morale BS". I said if the gov't makes them provide the list then at least they can say to any candidates that it upsets that they were forced to release it, thus those candidates might actually keep their name in the hat because that just might be a good employer! Pretty sure PNG is not going to BREAK THE LAW! I think they made that clear that they would get legal advice before they release anything. Some of you guys just hate all things PNG and will allways point the finger and say we are just arrogant, pompus, blah, blah, blah, blah without actually looking at the facts.

Like i said a month ago masters dont mean crap

Like I said a month ago, it was December. What the heck does your hang up with the master's have to do with the board not wanting to release the list. Next time, just start your own thread if you need a "look at me" moment.

the natives are getting restless.  ;)

Not restless, just tired of hearing about the dang master's. While it frustrates me, I find it amusing that people that are not even PN-G fans or even live in the district feel the need to have such a passion about OUR coaching search. Their hatred / jealousy just oozes all over this board. Fact is, the next coach at PN-G is more likely than not going to have a master's degree due to PNGISD requiring it. All the bashing in the world is not going to change that.

Like stated before, we are so, so really jealous of your stellar football record this new century!  Heck, you guys couldn't even win a scrimmage this year against a 3A team (Jasper).  Come on, it's pretty simple and you demonstrate it so well >>>>  Arrogance gets riled up so easily.  Some of us like stirring the pot because many of the ultra-proud arrogant PNGers allow their emotions to be controlled by outsiders.  Thank you for giving us pot stirrers the power over your emotions.  ;D  We could really care less about your Purple Pride.

PNG PURPLE PRIDE POWER

Manchester+Pride+Parade+-+001.jpg

Appearently you DO care alot, since 1/2 of your posts contain some dig towards PNG and their "pride".  You seem obssesed with PNG and your perceived idea of what we are "proud" of.  You might as well hang it up (although I know you won't).  You either get it, or you don't...and you obviously DON'T.  If YOU had very much pride, we'd all know what school YOU support, but most have no idea.

And what purpose was it intended for?  I don't think the FOI had one specific purpose.  Other than to keep public officials honest.

The FOI  act used for high school coaching searches is not a good thing. It was not intended for these purposes. I believe it keeps some people from applying for jobs. I applaud Port Neches for contesting it. Brownwood highschool is also contesting it in their search.

And what purpose was it intended for?  I don't think the FOI had one specific purpose.  Other than to keep public officials honest.

Smitty, what purpose does releasing the list serve the PNGISD.  It will not help there search, it will only hender it. I would like to know the names just as bad as you, but I respect them for not releasing it. It may be entertainment for us ,but it is more important for that school to get the best candidates for their players.

The FOI  act used for high school coaching searches is not a good thing. It was not intended for these purposes. I believe it keeps some people from applying for jobs. I applaud Port Neches for contesting it. Brownwood highschool is also contesting it in their search.

Why can't people in this world today tend to ther own business.  We are dealing with peoples lively hoods when it comes to these applicants.  Just be patient and let them release the finalists and then the other 40 guys won't have to explain to their kids and their parents that they tried to leave them.

JMO

My page one post worries have come to life.  An applicant may lose his job because you people can't mind your own business.  Hope you guys feel good about yourselves when this man does not get the job but still has to take his wife and kids to a different town away form thier home and friends. 

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Nosy people with nothing better to do than worry about what someone else is doing. 

;D Yea but if it was your school you would be the first to want to see the list.

Nosy people with nothing better to do than worry about what someone else is doing. 

;D Yea but if it was your school you would be the first to want to see the list.

I would not if some had made it clear they might lose their job.

Did someone make it clear they would lose their job, or was that something that popped up from the Boston College situation?

I would not if some had made it clear they might lose their job.

I'm no lawyer, but I don't think that is lawful for any employer under labor law in Texas. But I could be wrong. Any law guru's out there that can shed some light on the subject?

I used to work in Human Resources.  The law in the state of Texas is that anyone can be let go from a position for any reason or no reason at all.  Your employer does not have to give you a reason according to the law.  Most do out of courtesy, but the law does not mandate it.  So yes, in theory, a coach could lose his job for applying at another school, or for wearing blue, or for driving a Toyota, whatever. 

I used to work in Human Resources.  The law in the state of Texas is that anyone can be let go from a position for any reason or no reason at all.  Your employer does not have to give you a reason according to the law.  Most do out of courtesy, but the law does not mandate it.  So yes, in theory, a coach could lose his job for applying at another school, or for wearing blue, or for driving a Toyota, whatever. 

Thanks. But if someone was let go without being told why, they can still file suit against the company for wrongful termination, right? It may be legal, but it doesn't seem to me that the company would want the immediate court costs. Especially in this sue-happy day and time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476