Devin Dart,sr- Vidor

Broderick Jackson,sr- Kirbyville

Kicker

Taylor Trahan, jr- Nederland

Utility

Chris Castle ,sr- Silsbee

Punter

James Burch,sr- Newton

Congradulations to all the Enterprize and Chronicle picks.Now would you please come take your papers out of Liberty county.44,000 residents w/lots of sports talent getting omitted again.

Doesn't someone in Liberty County print a paper?  Your residents could just buy the local paper and the Enterprise and Chron will leave.

Congradulations to all the Enterprize and Chronicle picks.Now would you please come take your papers out of Liberty county.44,000 residents w/lots of sports talent getting omitted again.

not to fret liltex, we know who the who will dominate the super gold team for years to come. "THE DAYTON BRONCOS" LOL  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm also a little curious about the absence of the Lumberton coach as coach of the year.  Didn't they have a better record than Central?  And didn't they beat Central?  Again, just curious.  

No Jacob Hanna??????????????

I think Central went farther in the playoffs this year, which is what it is all about

I'm also a little curious about the absence of the Lumberton coach as coach of the year.  Didn't they have a better record than Central?  And didn't they beat Central?  Again, just curious.  

I think Central went farther in the playoffs this year, which is what it is all about

Coach Stowers well deserves coach of the year.. 4th round explains it all, no matter who beat who

Hum, now let me see, a better record and won head-to-head and this doesn't mean anything?  Well, maybe your right.  But, I'm sure the people in Lumberton might have a different opinion.

Coach Stowers well deserves coach of the year.. 4th round explains it all, no matter who beat who

You know as well as anybody that playoffs are the luck of the draw.  You know, depending on where one falls in one district and others fall in another.  Some teams play good teams and some play bad teams, especially now that they just about let anybody go.  So to say just because somebody went further in the playoffs then others sometimes isn't telling the whole story.  So to use the "deeper in the playoffs" scenario doesn't always apply.  But I'm not saying the Central coach didn't do a good job.  I'm also saying one can't ignore what the Lumberton coach did.  Again, one can't argue against a better record and head-to-head win. 

Where were they 2nd round? Home eatin' popcorn...

You know as well as anybody that playoffs are the luck of the draw.  You know, depending on where one falls in one district and others fall in another.  Some teams play good teams and some play bad teams, especially now that they just about let anybody go.  So to say just because somebody went further in the playoffs then others sometimes isn't telling the whole story.  So to use the "deeper in the playoffs" scenario doesn't always apply.  But I'm not saying the Central coach didn't do a good job.  I'm also saying one can't ignore what the Lumberton coach did.  Again, one can't argue against a better record and head-to-head win. 

::) ::) ::) ::) ... ok...

Looks like one can argue.  As far as the luck of the draw...that might fly for a game or two, but not enough games to reach the state finals.  Central as come a long way in the past several years and it if a coach can get his team to the STATE FINALS, I would have to pick him too!

Oh yeah...CONGRATS TO ALL!

The team with the better record and district standing get the lesser draw...however in this case Central and Lumberton were #1 Teams in their brackets...Lumberton in Small School and Central in Big School!

So Jones from Central is PA News Defensive PLayer of the year and doesn't even make the BMT team at all?

I have to say that as far as local sports (especially HS football) the Surprise is horrible. No doubt Beard should be Defensive MVP, but Jones should be on the team! Is Beaumont Central no longer in Beaumont???

Guest tigersvoice

So Jones from Central is PA News Defensive PLayer of the year and doesn't even make the BMT team at all?

I have to say that as far as local sports (especially HS football) the Surprise is horrible. No doubt Beard should be Defensive MVP, but Jones should be on the team! Is Beaumont Central no longer in Beaumont???

No, it's because the Beaumont Enterprise no longer has a local sports department.  The reporter that covered the Bridge City vs Silsbee football game this year was from Houston.  Call the Enterprise and see if you can talk to the Sports Editor.  I think the only local sports person remaining for the Enterprise is Rush Wood.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder