What coaches are applying where.

Yeah....well everything also includes emails, gradebooks, lesson plans, EVERYTHING! 

I don't believe that anybody can go in and ask to see a teacher's emails, gradebooks or lesson plans.

That is simply not true. 

I hate to take the Young Coach's side here because he seems a little brash and immature, but we sign a release at our school that says that administrators may check to see what websites our computers visit.  Our email activity is reviewable, as well, and will be saved for FIVE YEARS.   :o 

So there you go, ya liar!   ;D

Businesses (and school districts) own the computers and systems that you log onto.  You sign the release acknowledging the fact that you understand their rights as the "owners" of that equipment to monitor it's use.  They have the right to do the checks and monitor the system, but the public has absolutely no rights to any information...emails, gradebooks, lesson plans or whatever. 

Businesses (and school districts) own the computers and systems that you log onto.  You sign the release acknowledging the fact that you understand their rights as the "owners" of that equipment to monitor it's use.  They have the right to do the checks and monitor the system, but the public has absolutely no rights to any information...emails, gradebooks, lesson plans or whatever. 

Agreed.  I guess I misunderstood the earlier post that said

I don't believe that anybody can go in and ask to see a teacher's emails, gradebooks or lesson plans.

The "anybody" there means anyone who chooses to, or "just anybody." I originally thought he was saying no one at all could do it.

Why should they be made public?  Applications are just inquiries about a job.  Do those at Mobil who check into a job at Chevron have to have there applications released to the public?  Once they become finalist, then it should be OK because the current school district will all know that the coach has applied.

Remember schools are run by school boards and some might get upset and get rid of a coach if he applies for other jobs.

I guarantee you that if the Houston paper wanted a list of applicants, or a copy of emails, they could get it.  It's part of the Texas Public Information Act.  I don't agree with it...it's just the way it is.  If you want to see something that makes you SICK.....look at this!

This is the hidden content, please

[ftp][/ftp]

What is different between PNG and San Angelo they put all the coaches names in the local paper.

It's obvious>>>>>>>>>   PNG   :-X   ;)  "WE ARE PNG PROUD AND YOU DON'T DESERVE TO KNOW."

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

San Angelo :)  "We are just happy to be here and we want to share it with our public."

This still does not apply to the list of all initial applicants!!!! JUST FINAL!!!! A school can choose to do anything they want before the Final list and that is a fact.

I guarantee you that if the Houston paper wanted a list of applicants, or a copy of emails, they could get it.  It's part of the Texas Public Information Act.  I don't agree with it...it's just the way it is.  If you want to see something that makes you SICK.....look at this!

Guest ksensat

http://www.keepeanesinformed.com

I am a teacher and on my way to becoming a principal (1 year of school left) and I want to make it clear that a teacher's grade book and email is not open to the public. It is private information and only administrators have access to this info. Emails that incriminate teachers may be released but that is it and as far as gradebooks go, Only administrators have access to the gradebook, and parents have access to only their child's grades in the grade book. That is the LAW, I guarantee it!

Yeah....well everything also includes emails, gradebooks, lesson plans, EVERYTHING! 

That is simply not true. 

I hate to take the Young Coach's side here because he seems a little brash and immature, but we sign a release at our school that says that administrators may check to see what websites our computers visit.  Our email activity is reviewable, as well, and will be saved for FIVE YEARS.   :o 

So there you go, ya liar!   ;D

Yes an administrator can but Joe Blow off the street can't. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder