*Lufkin Hudson @ Hardin Jefferson (14-3) Updates/65-60 Hudson In OT!!*

KFDM COOP

i never said yall could beat us....  ;D ;D ;D still though yalls coaching staff is one of the best ive ever seen year in and out yall are one of the elite teams in the area and the kids on your team are the kind that never give and will play to win every game... you lose it happens... southerland, davis, and lee will work it out yall will be ready for whatever comes your way no doubt

still... a little respect! 

HJ will be fine.  As we said from the beginning they are young and will go through some growing pains.  Why would anyone overreact to a team losing a few games.  The only reason is that they likely have a kid that plays........but NOT as much as they feel their child should.  Don't post it on the board....call the coach about it......COWARD!!!!!!  HJ has and I repeat the "best coaching staff in SE Texas". 

I'm not sure why any coach would get on here and read all these ridiculous posts from people who know nothing about basketball.   Seems like their time would be better spent elsewhere.

I've been coached by Nos before, and i can assure you that he's not the type of guy who'd get on here for the purpose of reading the ignorant posts of ignorant posters and getting all riled up. i can see how he'd get frustrated, though.  he's on here for the same reason that everyone else is... he loves sports!  now if during that time he feels obligated to defend a team he coaches who is getting thrown under the bus by many people, i can't say i blame him.  as for his time being better spent elsewhere, i'm sure that the same argument can be made for all 10,000 of our members.  we're on here because we like the site, not because it's the most productive thing we do all day. 

Guest nostradamus
I'm not sure why any coach would get on here and read all these ridiculous posts from people who know nothing about basketball.  Seems like their time would be better spent elsewhere.

Hmmmm.....I registered on this board September 24, 2007 and you registered on this board July 1, 2007.  I have 192 (make it 193 now) posts and you have over 1300.  A little case of the pot calling the kettle black eh? 

I do agree with you on the use of the word ridiculous though.  I normally don't respond to basketball posts (especially regarding our team)....until kids names start getting thrown around.  I have a huge problem with that and don't mind putting my name out there if it means defending our kids.......I will never hesitate to do that.  One thing that will differentiate myself from others is that I do not hide behind my screen name.  If I make a post you know who it is.  That can't be said for very many on this board.

I'm not sure why any coach would get on here and read all these ridiculous posts from people who know nothing about basketball.   Seems like their time would be better spent elsewhere.

I've been coached by Nos before, and i can assure you that he's not the type of guy who'd get on here for the purpose of reading the ignorant posts of ignorant posters and getting all riled up. i can see how he'd get frustrated, though.  he's on here for the same reason that everyone else is... he loves sports!  now if during that time he feels obligated to defend a team he coaches who is getting thrown under the bus by many people, i can't say i blame him.  as for his time being better spent elsewhere, i'm sure that the same argument can be made for all 10,000 of our members.  we're on here because we like the site, not because it's the most productive thing we do all day. 

Speak for yourself buddy  :D

nostradamus I don't care if your a coach or not, what you said was right...but I think MOST people aren't posting on here for to give advice, they are just 'venting' on what they think MAY or MAY NOT be wrong with whoevers team that night..

HJ IS GOING TO BE FINE PEOPLE! write that down  ;D

Sorry Coach Wooden, I was under the impression this site was set up for us commonfolk to offer our humble opinion on local sports & teams; obviously I was mistaken.

My gosh!  Who would have ever known?!  All this time, Coach Sutherland, Coach Lee, and myself....we have thought, game planned, and practiced hours upon end with these kids.....and all along all we had to do was look into the stands and ask and we would have gotten the answers to all of our problems.

I mean, just think, instead of our crappy 14-4 record we would currently be 18-0 had we just thought to tap into all of the basketball genius that shows up to "support us" every night.

It all really makes sense now.  The more I read these posts, the more I realize how foolish we have been........seriously, just think:

As for HJ, I will hold nothing back this time. Pull your heads out of your rearends and start playing ball. You played like you were still at the Nome gym.

You mean all we had to do was tell them to pull their heads out of their rear ends and we might have won that game? Who would have ever thought that such sage advice could be found so easily and for free?!  WOW!  Perhaps our fans should pull their heads out of their rear ends?

I've attended a few varsity games this year as well as all the games in the HJ Basketball Marathon

This is my personal favorite right here......someone who has the answers despite admitting that they have only attended a few games and a tournament.  WOW!!!  Who woulda thunk it?  The coaching staff has been at every practice and every game and they have been unable to solve the problems of what is obviously a sinking program (at least according to these posts).  Yet, we have the solutions from someone who has only been to a few games. What an experience it must be to understand basketball at such a high level that you can attend only a few games and no practices and yet have all the answers to the problems.

and it is obvious Jarvis, Trey & Jacoby are not going to be able to will this team far into the playoffs.

....and the wisdom continues.......it is all starting to add up.......what high school team would really want two players that started on a state championship team and another player who was a key part of the rotation on a regional finalist team to lead them throughout a season.......better yet, what staff or group of players would seriously believe that three guys with that kind of success and experience could lead a team deep into the playoffs.  That thought is absolutely crazy..........no team or coaching staff would ever even consider having three guys like that on their team......there is no way they can lead a team.......again, more pure genius.

These underclassmen look to be intimidated by their competition & afraid to either take the open shot or drive to the basket & create an open shot for somebody else

"These underclassmen look to be intimidated by their competition...."  So you believe that our first year varsity players HOPE that someone intimidates them?  You think that these young men want to be unsuccessful when they step on the floor?  You believe that they are truly AFRAID to do something?  What's that old saying....."It's better to be thought an idiot..........than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Perhaps the game plan is for the big three to be the focal point of the offense, but in my humble opinion, at some point, somebody else needs to step up & force the opponent to take notice & defend all five players on offense.

And some more sheer genius here......I mean who would want the three returning best players on the team to be the focal point of the offense?  Seriously, that makes no sense.  I mean when I watch the Boston Celtics it is quite clear that they are trying to get Glen Davis, Brian Scalabrine, and Tony Allen to take the bulk of their shots while Garnett, Pierce, and Allen act as decoys.  Yep, that's how they won a championship.  Never mind that going directly from 9th grade basketball and even JV basketball to the varsity level takes time to adjust......naw, that doesn't factor in at all........especially when there are 8 players that are in that position........I mean, they should all step in and score 10-15 a night right?

Lots of people may not like the Hawk Hecklers but, I know now why I appreciate them more than ever.  They may get on here and be too arrogant sometimes, or cross the proverbial line with their predictions but, one thing you can ALWAYS count on from them is that they SUPPORT their team WIN or LOSE!  They love their Hawks and just want them to win.  They don't feel compelled to offer coaching advice and they sure as heck don't question players or who can and who can't.  They just want to see HJ victorious.....and that is it.  They root for their team relentlessly and are hurt just as much as the players and coaches when they lose BUT they NEVER EVER berate or question the effort, time, and knowledge of the players and coaches in their program. 

Perhaps this time, the adults should learn from the kids!

That right there folks is why i dont worry about my hawkss.. they are in good hands and i expect them to go far this year.. but some of ya'll need to learn to let the coaches COACH... they get paid the big bucks to do it.. If were struggling and still have a 14-4 record i'd say were in good shape... Coach sutherland, coach Davis and Coach Lee keep up the good work..win lose or draw, were behind you every step of the way....

BMRM are you really questioning Coach Sutherland and his staff?  Alone Sutherland is one of the most successful coaches out of SE Texas and with his staff they have the best staff in the same area.  They are going to be fine.  These comments come because likely you have a kid that is not playing in your eyes enough......get over it!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder