Who will be the Ozen Head Basketball Coach? Marquis Saveat Takes Over!

bacbone9

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

Nah im just saying that brooks coaches them up. Travis is a hell of a coach. Joubert in my mind is a better one. Joubert to kountze and hancock gets his dream and thats hc at kountze

Nah im just saying that brooks coaches them up. Travis is a heck of a coach. Joubert in my mind is a better one. Joubert to kountze and hancock gets his dream and thats hc at kountze

I'm unsure Hancock could get the spot.  There are some requirements needed although he'd be good.  I'm all for Joubert coming to Silsbee if Travis leaves.

Big difference in 1A and 4A.  Hey I know the guy can coach, but BISD will want someone proven in a bigger school IMO.  This is why I feel that Williams will get it over Joubert.  I think that DJ is a better coach, but being in 2A will hurt him.

Did you go to Auburn or something?  They play by the same rules at all 5 levels.  Don't let the size of the school fool you on the basketball mind of the coach.  Remember Cotton Robinson Coached at the 1A and 2A level and that worked out pretty well for him.  7 titels in 9 years and many college coaches base there game on his fundamentals.

I just hope that the powers that be open this position up throughout the state. We have some great coaches in the area, but you never know what is out there. There are only a few jobs in the triangle that could bring qualified coaches from all over (WB football, Ozen Bball).

You Mike THOMAS COACHING NOW AS WELL AS JOSH HANCOCK AND ED GARRIET .THOSE TWO COACH IN LOUISIANA NOW BUT I KNOW THEY WANNA COME HOME. MIKE THOMAS SHOULD BE A UP FOR DAT JOB...DONT U THINK

confused-8.gif

Mike Thomas?  Dubbie Garrett?  Head coaches of a big time program before the age of thirty??? Are you kidding me?  You could not be serious, I know!  You were just playing, trying to arouse the crowd!  Now that will NEVER happen... They will b good assistance for 5 to 8 more years, though!

You Mike THOMAS COACHING NOW AS WELL AS JOSH HANCOCK AND ED GARRIET .THOSE TWO COACH IN LOUISIANA NOW BUT I KNOW THEY WANNA COME HOME. MIKE THOMAS SHOULD BE A UP FOR DAT JOB...DONT U THINK

confused-8.gif

Mike Thomas?  Dubbie Garrett?  Head coaches of a big time program before the age of thirty??? Are you kidding me?  You could not be serious, I know!  You were just playing, trying to arouse the crowd!   Now that will NEVER happen... They will b good assistance for 5 to 8 more years, though!

well you can think its funny but mike thomas played for boutte and is the freshman coach at ozen now.he knows all of boutte's stuff and knows the kids well. and ed garriet has been on the college ranks coaching at mcneese for two years and is now at the high school in louisiana coaching now. why is it so hilarious for them to become head coaches under the age of 30. boutte got his first head job when he was 23. i think one of those two or josh hancock will be a good fit. we need to bring some our young guys back

confused-8.gif

Mike Thomas?  Dubbie Garrett?  Head coaches of a big time program before the age of thirty??? Are you kidding me?  You could not be serious, I know!  You were just playing, trying to arouse the crowd!   Now that will NEVER happen... They will b good assistance for 5 to 8 more years, though!

well you can think its funny but mike thomas played for boutte and is the freshman coach at ozen now.he knows all of boutte's stuff and knows the kids well. and ed garriet has been on the college ranks coaching at mcneese for two years and is now at the high school in louisiana coaching now. why is it so hilarious for them to become head coaches under the age of 30. boutte got his first head job when he was 23. i think one of those two or josh hancock will be a good fit. we need to bring some our young guys back

Get off the gas...

The only local coaches I like for the job are...

The assistant coach at Silsbee (only 3A coach I would like)

Head Coach at NED

Assitant Coach at Lamar PA

:D :D :D :D

You just made my day!!!!!!

Please c'mon.  Coach at Nederland would not go to Ozen.  AC Coach at Silsbee is a great coach, but I am not sure he is qualified to be a HC.  DickieV.........I mean c'mon, look at his HS coaching career to date.  No disrespect DV, but BISD will want stability with their new HC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder