Strategy against Sulphur Springs*

SupA42

Dayton has a big game this week in the State Championship against Sulphur Springs.. Even though they lost against Friendswood, had a tough game against K-ville Tivy, i think this will be the hardest game of the year! We haven't face a team that has a QB (Tyrik Rollinson) that can actually stand in the pocket to throw & if pressured, has the wheels of Michael Vick... I was wondering if you guys were the coach of Dayton, wat would be your game plan coming in? Bring blitz packages for pressure, run drop zones, or jus man up across the board? GO BRONCOS!!!

They are beatable. You can see by their record. They are on cloud 9 just by being in the state championship game. So are we in Dayton. This game will not be a blowout and please please please Dave Campbell. Please pick us to loose.

I actually picked SS and Dayton to win last week. Maybe he should hire me. Im am obviously WAY better then the guys that he pays to pick the games. I wonder if he knows the officials at the games. If he does, It shows!!

No doubt this will be a tough game...Soulja, Dayton has been running the no-huddle hurry up now for about 8 years...nothing we haven't seen before.  QB is a great athlete no doubt...looks to scramble and throw the ball and is not a run first guy.  No one can cover forever and the two big plays Tivy made were from the QB scrambling around till a guy busted open.  My guess is that Dayton probably throws a bunch of defenses to see if he can adjust with some overload blitzes and zone looks.  They will complete some passes and let's hope that Dylan and Xavier drop some big hits early like the Tivy game.  Their receivers were sure wary about coming over the middle and they didn't attempt much over the middle after the first few drives.  As for the offense, I'd like to see them get the pass game established early in this game.  Teams are really starting to key on Cody and AJ at the line and not respecting the pass as much.  It was interesting how well it worked there near the end of the game when we really needed it against Tivy.  I'm not going to argue with coach though, what he's done has worked so far.

They are beatable. You can see by their record. They are on cloud 9 just by being in the state championship game. So are we in Dayton. This game will not be a blowout and please please please Dave Campbell. Please pick us to loose.

I actually picked SS and Dayton to win last week. Maybe he should hire me. Im am obviously WAY better then the guys that he pays to pick the games. I wonder if he knows the officials at the games. If he does, It shows!!

Yes you are right flipper, we have been beat and are beatable. I believe all teams are beatable, it comes down to matchups and coaching strategy. Yes we are on cloud 9, this is our 1st trip to the big dance.

Our 2 losses came to very tough teams, Longview beat us 32-13. The game was closer than the score showed. SS shot theirselves in the foot several times inside of the 20 with penalties. It would be tough to beat Longview if you played perfect, they have a dominating defense. We actually had more yards than they did in the game, put up about 450 yds. That was a very tough loss to swallow. The next week we had Texas High, who we were picked to beat. Our heads were not right, we came in thinking that we were going to walk all over them and they just handed it to us, they put up 35 within 4 minutes. After those back to back losses SS turned into a different team playing very disciplined and with much determination.

I really look for this to be a very close game, SS has pretty much blown everyone out in the playoffs with the exception of Rockwall-Heath. I do not think this is going to be a blow out win for either team. I think it goes to the wire.

This is my theory:Broncos have played 14 games and in those alot of them were over by the end of the 3rd.quarter.Many off those games the stampede was called off by the middle of the 4th quarter with the football and driving.We have beaten the best defenses that were big and fast and have opened alot of eyes in the sportscasters offices.They picked Dayton and Sulphur Springs to lose last week.Before that Jake Shaw's group all had Dayton in the Semi-s and they picked Sulphur Springs to lose against Dennison in the Quarterfinals.Dayton has not given up over 28 points on defense since the playoffs began(twice to be exact Livingston/Kerrville Tivy).I think the Broncos will have a great game this week and win the State Championship in a close game w/lots of scoring both ways.Strategy put up more pts.period.

After last week, you got to think that there is divine forces at work aiding the Broncos.

What a miracle victory.

You got to like the Bronco's chances if Cody and AJ have big games.

The Bronco defense playing BIG TIME!

Sulphur Springs might be the favorite in this game, but it would be hard to give them a lot of points.

The key to victory is NEVER STOP BELIEIVING YOU CAN WIN!

I heard they had one of the best practices they have had all year and they are more than ready for Saturday. 

I think defense is going to be the key to winning this game....defense needs to be top notch with no mistakes.  We also need to watch the penalities, obviously. 

Its going to be one heck of game...can't wait.

I heard they had one of the best practices they have had all year and they are more than ready for Saturday. 

I think defense is going to be the key to winning this game....defense needs to be top notch with no mistakes.  We also need to watch the penalities, obviously. 

Its going to be one heck of game...can't wait.

"Practice??  We're talking about Practice??" - Allen Iverson

Guest 5starboss

how to win against SS

#1) pay neon dieon sanders, ray lewis, and ed "too tall" jones to suit up in a Bronco uniform

#2) put naked cheerleadrers on the sidelines

seriously...the gameplan is to

1 block

2 tackle

3 score

how to win against SS

#1) pay neon dieon sanders, ray lewis, and ed "too tall" jones to suit up in a Bronco uniform

#2) put naked cheerleadrers on the sidelines

seriously...the gameplan is to

1 block

2 tackle

3 score

Or just ask the Lobos or Tx high they said it wasn't that big of deal---

Dayton will have to play as close to perfect as possible, no dumb penalties, no snaps over cody's head, no negative punts.

He's right....  Also they will need to blitz...  blitz...  and blitz again.  Might give up the big play, but this game is gonna be about turnovers and stops.  One or two might be enough.

It's a game of chance.2 great teams 1 chance to win it all-A chance that very rarely comes around often so my guess is both throw the kitchen sink at each other with the winner taking his crown and ring and a lifetime of memories.Throw out all the stats,rankings,recruits,wins/losses,this game will be about heart.Tee it up and let's play a Texas football game.Good luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder