*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

maybe you, brett and I can impress each other on the Riverwalk...

just a thought...

maybe when this whole thing blows over we can get an apartment together...

what the heck?? If I am reading this right, I sure hope that you are a girl. But, even if you are, with a name like that, count me out on that one.

dude...goat, it's Fat Mac...I just saw you at the game!

it was Brett's idea anyway...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got stats on SS

Here are some stats...

Sulphur Springs 47, Everman 34

Total Yards:

Sulphur Springs 497

Everman 408

Passing:

Rollison 20-27-0-4-257

Receiving:

McQueen 3-73-1

Jackson 5-63-2

Hall 7-54-1

Rushing:

Young 17-161-1

Rollison 79-yards 2TD

Pulled it from smoaky.com

Sulphur is the team who actually pushed for the Alamodome, their fans were happy about the Alamodome from talking to them today.

they must have some $$$$ then...i never been to sulphur springs to know what kinda town it is....

Well...... we have two giant cows in front of our school lol. But seriosly its an average town, the school isn't much, barely over 1,000 enrolled, and we're no royse city but we have a decent fund, the school isn't much and the stadium's a classic friday-night-lights kinda thing.

Im guessing its because were so excited about this, in the past we've never made it past the quarterfinals and that was back in the 90's.

Were all going to take charter busses friday evening and stay the night.

I honestly don't know much about yalls Dayton, but i can tell you that SS will pound you guys with no mercy. With Everman thats what was in our favor, we wore them out and by the second have it looked like they gave up

THIS IS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!  Who's district was tough doesn't matter, what one team did to another team doesn't matter.  Each coach will have their players ready to play and they'll probably pull every trick in the book.  The descriptions I've seen of SS aren't any different than the ones I'd give about Dayton.  This game is going to come down to turnovers, who executes, and who makes the least amount of mistakes.  My guess is Dayton throws the kitchen sink at SS on defense.  Can't pick against my hometown boys...Dayton wins in a shootout.

A little homework??? It would not surprise me if Stewart has been looking at film of SS since pre-season. Stewart is the MAN and I know he will have the Bronco's ready for SS.

Dayton has 3 D1 recruits.. Cody Green to Nebraska.. AJ Dugat to Houston/Texas (hopefully TX) and Coach Stewart (He could be D1 if he wanted to but he loves these kids and has that purple kool-aid in his blood)

I also heard that USC/LSU/Florida/and Oklahoma have been trying to get that Goat kid but he turned all of them down to go to the U.S. Marines..

A little homework??? It would not surprise me if Stewart has been looking at film of SS since pre-season. Stewart is the MAN and I know he will have the Bronco's ready for SS.

Dayton has 3 D1 recruits.. Cody Green to Nebraska.. AJ Dugat to Houston/Texas (hopefully TX) and Coach Stewart (He could be D1 if he wanted to but he loves these kids and has that purple kool-aid in his blood)

I also heard that USC/LSU/Florida/and Oklahoma have been trying to get that Goat kid but he turned all of them down to go to the U.S. Marines..

The goat is a marine...I thought he still lived off Montrose??  Dude, I think Stewart spends the offseason watching tape at home of every team in the state just to see their returning players on film.  U guys realize he was at the school at 6:30 this morning after taking a whole hour off to celebrate.  Dude is just a stud...if some other school tries to get him, I'll promise 1/4 of my salary to the school district's special "keep Stewart" bonus fund!!

Looking forward to the game. I think it is going to be a great one, obviously I do not know much about Dayton, and I believe Dayton doesn't know much about SS. I do know that ya'll have a very talented QB, as I am also a little bit of a Nebraska fan.

From what I see so far, these 2 teams are very much a like. Both run the spread, both have great QB's and recievers, both defenses can be a little suspect at times. SS also has a very good running game, have not heard if Dayton has one or not.

A little about our players.

#7(Sr.) QB Tyrik Rollison is one of the most highly recruited QB's in the nation, he has offers from everywhere.

#4(Sr.) RB Ryan Young is also a D1 recruit and I believe he will be going to Air Force to play, but has had a few other offers from D1 schools.

#2(Sr.) WR Jace Jackson has every school in the recieving department, best hands I have ever seen and is hard to bring down. He lacks a little speed but has enough to get the job done. I have not heard if he is being recruited by a D1 school, but he has been getting a lot of attention.

#1 (Jr.) WR Shane McQueen has blazing speed, great hands and is one of those that seems like he has grease all over him, just slips out of defenders hands. He is very close to having a 1000 yd season. He is also returns kickoffs. Started as a sophmore

#5 (Sr.) WR Rashad Hall. Great hands, great moves and speed. Was the ESPN MVP against WF Rider. One of his TD's in that game made the top 10 plays on ESPN sports center.

The entire O-Line is huge and very tough to get around, they give Rollison a ton of time to pick defenses apart and does a great job of opening holes for the run. They are all Jr.s except for 1 Sr. They all started as Sophmores and we will be glad to have them back next year.

#3 (Jr.)FS Bryant "Day Day" Jackson. Already being recruited by Texas as a Jr. Closes in on plays quickly, leads the team in Int. and makes big hits. Started as a Sophmore.

#19 (Sr.) FS Johnny McSheffrey is a big time hitter. Has lots of speed and is behind Jackson in INT's. I will be surprised if he dosen't go to a D1 school, he will definately be offered a scholarship by a DII school.

#6 (Sr.) CB Anthony Mills. Very solid CB, has made key INT's to lock in some wins this year and is also a big hitter.

#20 (Sr.) CB Darryl Franklin. 3 year starter. Leads the team in broken up passes. Pretty much a lock down corner that makes you pay if you catch the ball. Has the speed to stay with just about anyone. Very good chance of going DI.

#80 (Sr.) DE Colton Nash. 6'7" 250 lbs. He is just a monster. DI recruit, most likely going to Baylor. He gets in the backfield, has a huge wingspan and bats a lot of passes. He is also the punter.

#82 (Jr.) DE Kendrick Dial. 6'5" 240lbs. He's pretty much just like Nash only 2 inches shorter.

#98 (Sr.) DT Jamison Dial. I believe he is about 6'4". Penatrates the line well.

#54 (Jr.) LB Tyler Higanbothem. Leads the team in tackles, hits hard and reads plays well. Very football smart.

The D-line rotates in and out quite a bit to stay fresh. They had problems stopping the run earlier in the year, but has developed into a very stout defense over the past 6 to 7 games. The make great half time adjustments and usually play a much better 2nd half.

Below is a link to our HS website, it has a break down of all games played.

This is the hidden content, please

Most East Texas teams post on www.smoaky.com It is a fantastic site with tons of information.

Look forward to the game, hope both teams have an injury free game and that all travel is safe. Look forward to a week of chest bowing also. It is always fun to learn more about teams that we have not faced.

Look at this game like this.DCTF and Jake Shaw's group would probably have picked TIVY over SULPHUR SPRINGS if that was the championship game as they picked SS to lose to Dennison in the 3rd.round quarterfinals.They picked Tivy to beat Dayton and the Broncos beat the spread by 8 points.Who's your daddy now?I hope they continue to doubt the Broncos in the big game.Dayton is on a mission and they proved em all wrong last week.

SS was picked to lose against Waxahachie, Denison and Everman.

Yeah, we know the feeling.  Fortunately, high school games are not decided on rankings.  Great to actually have someone on here from another school who knows football and tells us what we can expect.  I have posted information on the Smoaky site about Dayton without getting too detailed...pointed them to the Toups site as well.  Man, it's getting tougher to talk junk now that we know less and less about the teams we're facing.  I found a broadcast of WF Rider and SS and I guess it was from earlier this year??  QB looks to be the real deal, good receivers, good running back with speed.  Line does an excellent job pass protecting but the QB is also elusive and scrambles to throw instead of run...he's always looking downfield. 

Just from a quick look, SS throws more than Dayton and get's all the receivers involved more.  #1 has some good speed.  That being said, #6 Cameron La Cour from Dayton is still the fastest man on the field but SS has a couple of guys that would be in the race.  I'm not sure about the recruiting of Dayton Athletes...Cody and AJ because...well it's hard not to notice Major Applewhite in Dayton and the Nebraska contingent at every game. 

For those that follow this board...a FW fan made a remark about Nebraska vs TT and how Nebraska was known for their poor sportsmanship.  This guy says he has an interest in Nebraska...my guess is he's a fan.  He'd probably invite you to his tailgate on Friday if you show up from d-town.  Nebraska has the best fans I've ever seen anywhere when it comes to supporting their team and showing respect before and after the game.

I'm sure the junk will start flying here soon though...they'll be some ignorant posters make their way on here...then the fun will begin.  Until then, good luck to SS.

This is going to be a great game.  To the Broncos, best of luck, but my Cats are on a roll.  Make no mistake, Coach O will have them ready to go this week!  They do not underestimate anybody.  Like you we have been the underdogs all playoffs and have come out on top every game.  Our offense is going on all cylinders.  They call is NASCAR for a reason, defenses can't hold up.  Our defense has had their problems, but have stepped it up these last games and have done whatever it takes to stay ahead in the end!

Praying for a outstanding game with no injuries!  Go CATS!! Bring home the trophy!!!!

PS I believe SS will surprise you with the turn out of fans!  We love our Cats, and how many times does this happen?  First time for SS, I belive many will make this part of their Christmas plans!  Best Christmas Present!!!

Go CATS!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell