*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

Sulpher Springs fans are really cocky over a team with 3 loses. (Well counting Saturday).

Everyone from SS keeps talking about numbers and stats. Dayton could have those same numbers and stats but we have a classy coach that calls the stampede off when the game is in hand. We dont like to embarrass the teams we are beating. I mean how embarrassing would it be to be beat 59 to 25.. The Bronco's are classier than that.

There were a couple of Playoff games where we could have scored a few more TD's and all of the District games just about.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

copied from Smoaky.com

We can all entertain this friendly banter while comparing stats, ratings, and districts but until Saturday we won't know who walks away with a State Championship trophey. By no means am I saying our SS Wildcats have it in the bag so please do not take this wrong when I say:

Don't take our word for it, take theirs:

Everman

"I don't know if you can do anything to slow Sulphur Springs down," coach Dale Keeling said. "We just didn't have the matchups. We didn't have anything to combat a quarterback who gets hot like that. If you're going to get to the next level, you've got to figure something out. We just have to fight like crazy to get back to that. It's hard to get to round five."

This is the hidden content, please

Denison

"I don't know how many hundreds of games I've coached in, and he's about as good as I've ever seen," White said.

**(referring to Ty Rollison)**

"Words can't describe how tough this is," senior guard Casey Fenn said. "To go 12-0 and lose like this is terrible. If it had been close it'd be a different story."

"They played better on defense than I thought they would," White said.

"It's been a great season. It really has," Fenn said. "They found a way that nobody had been able to do all season long."

Rockwall Heath

But in the end, the Hawks defense was not able to contain Sulphur Springs quarterback Tyrik Rollison, who completed 25 of 30 passes for 387 yards and 5 touchdowns. He also ran four yards and one yard for scores.

Sulphur Springs played nearly a flawless game, with no turnovers and only one penalty for five yards.

"We just ran out of time, but it was another great game for us," Moss said. "We came out on the losing end, but it was really a great game. I thought the kids played their best."

** With no discredit to Rockwall-Heath intended, their best wasn't good enough this go around. They had a solid team, and brought it on strong. However, in the end SS still won.**

Hallsville Leading the Sulphur Springs attack was quarterback Tyrik Rollison, who looked every bit of the top-ranked quarterback in the nation as some have ranked him.

)&p_field_date-0=YMD_date&p_params_date-0=date:B,E&p_text_date-0=-6qzM&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Longview

"Sulphur Springs called plays from the line of scrimmage. You only had five or six seconds to get ready," Howard said. "What we did in that game made us play harder."

**Longview made the Wildcats play harder too, we might not be here without them**

To the Dayton fans on here: We really do like you too (well most of you  )... we can appreciate your dedication to your kids, coaches, and town. Our boys want it bad, so do yours. We know you wouldn't be here without being on your "A" game. I think everyone here can agree, there will be quite a show Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Alamodome!

Its hard to be reasonable when you are so biased toward your home team but, bragging doesn't help. Articles, stats, projections, rankings, ratings and all that crap are useless. It's a new ballgame come Sat. at 2pm. I look forward to seeing the quality of athletes that SS and Dayton has, all on one field.

I know this dont matter at all but, some of the SS people on other sites keep talking about East TX football. Also, saying the Dayton dont know nothing about EAST TX football..

I did the homework and Dayton is actually farther east than SS. We have the big city on one side, a swamp on one side and the pineywoods on the other..

Like I said earlier....Rockwall-Heath played without their 1st Team All-State RB against SS, so to say Heath's gave their best and it wasn't enough is an inaccurate statement....What you should say is Heath played the best they could with who they had on the field that day

Ridiculous statement. Had we shut them down then you could say that but the way it was you just can't. I think we were up by 18 in the 4th when we went to running out the clock otherwise there is no telling how points we would of put up in that game. To say they run out of time is a stupid statement also. I think most good teams will milk the clock down in that situation. Heath and Everman both have better defenses than you so this will get ugly quick.

SS 56

Dayton 14

hey what do you think dayton is going to do about the passing game s.s. is going to deliver.!.!. I mean the broncos will shut that run down but who do you guys think they will have to use to pressure that qb. Every time that number 4 is in he makes things happen hopefully the coaches will use him to that advantage. Not taking anything from the starting front but that guy is pure speed when he's on the line. Does anyone know if any colleges are looking at him? ???

Rangersfan 87'

well of course they'll use Jace, but they'll also be using my homeboy Shane McQueen (greased lighting) and Ryan Young our outstanding runningback, just no that if Dayton focuses on blocking our passing game, we'll run it in the in-zone, and vice/versa. They'll have the best chance having a well rounded defensive setup, i probably shouldn't be giving pointers to the enemy so ill shut up now lol

Oh and from what I know Jace has been looking at Baylor i think

And a little something, Our star QB Tyrick Rollison needs to work on his grades before he should think about a DI school, the reason he couldn't play Basketball is because he failed.

And SS is the visitor again to answer that other guys question, we've amazingly been visitors 6 times in a row

Hmmmm ???

Well that was last year, and from what I know he's not positive on anything but both Ty, and Ryan Young are leaning toward the Army,

I added the part about him failing to explain why he's not shooting for somewhere like OSU or Tech Or Florida or something like that.

If all of SS players are SOOOOO GOOD, why is Mack Brown sending Major Applewhite to the Dayton games?? I know yalls #7 is good, but our #7 can hold his own, plus unlike your #7 ours can play at any college in the country that he wants. We also have a #8 that is GREAT!!

I understand that yall have what yall call a NASCAR offense... Do you even know what NASCAR stands for?? NASCAR.. Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks!!!!

Well that was last year, and from what I know he's not positive on anything but both Ty, and Ryan Young are leaning toward the Army,

I added the part about him failing to explain why he's not shooting for somewhere like OSU or Tech Or Florida or something like that.

Oh no, not the Army...Oh boy...I'm starting to lean...nope sticking with the homers...ouch....leaning again....Someone pull me back over to the purple side!!!  

If they cant contain that QB then Dayton is in a world of trouble.

SS QB has a cannon for an arm and he is deadly accurate....Their big play receiver is Jackson and their speed demon is McQueen....In all honesty, this is going to be a great game and it will come down to turnovers and which defense gets a couple of stops. 

Ss will utilize rashad hall and lemarcus kendricks as well - both of them have good hands. do not forget about ryan young.

Well this is one thing that I know for sure.... Both teams are at the State Championship for a reason, no one knows for sure whos going to win regardless of whos picked to win, both teams have had their share of upsets that went in their favor, This is going to be the best game of the season right here. Both teams want the trophy, and both teams are gonna play their hearts out I know Ill be screaming my lungs out from the stands to support my team.

and I was told today that SS is home, Dayton will be visitors.

If all of SS players are SOOOOO GOOD, why is Mack Brown sending Major Applewhite to the Dayton games?? I know yalls #7 is good, but our #7 can hold his own, plus unlike your #7 ours can play at any college in the country that he wants. We also have a #8 that is GREAT!!

I understand that yall have what yall call a NASCAR offense... Do you even know what NASCAR stands for?? NASCAR.. Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks!!!!

Well if yalls are SOOO good why aren't yall playing on ESPN, and getting players nominated to the All American Bowl..........And yes ill admit that did make me laugh, bottom line we both have things to brag about, read the bullitin i posted above and you'll know what i truely believe

AC,, AC,, AC .. hold on tight... I know you are an ARMY boy but hold on to the tail of the Bronco. Dont slip off. Just think of it like this. When Dayton beats SS, it will be like the Marines (Navy) beating Army. Its inevitable. The best team with the best coach should win..

Once again,, NASCAR offense??? NASCAR stands for Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks...

Well if yalls are SOOO good why aren't yall playing on ESPN, and getting players nominated to the All American Bowl..........And yes ill admit that did make me laugh, bottom line we both have things to brag about, read the bullitin i posted above and you'll know what i truely believe

We cant play on ESPN because we have an exclusive contract with KSHN 99.9 but once we made the local paper..

We cant play on ESPN because we have an exclusive contract with KSHN 99.9 but once we made the local paper..

haha your funny.... no seriously that was funny

hey what do you think dayton is going to do about the passing game s.s. is going to deliver.!.!. I mean the broncos will shut that run down but who do you guys think they will have to use to pressure that qb. Every time that number 4 is in he makes things happen hopefully the coaches will use him to that advantage. Not taking anything from the starting front but that guy is pure speed when he's on the line. Does anyone know if any colleges are looking at him? ???

Rangersfan 87'

well of course they'll use Jace, but they'll also be using my homeboy Shane McQueen (greased lighting) and Ryan Young our outstanding runningback, just no that if Dayton focuses on blocking our passing game, we'll run it in the in-zone, and vice/versa. They'll have the best chance having a well rounded defensive setup, i probably shouldn't be giving pointers to the enemy so ill shut up now lol

And a little something, Our star QB Tyrick Rollison needs to work on his grades before he should think about a DI school, the reason he couldn't play Basketball is because he failed.

And SS is the visitor again to answer that other guys question, we've amazingly been visitors 6 times in a row

Hmmmm ???

Everything I read says he is leaning to OSU? I think there is a youtube vid taken after the denison or heath game where he talks about recruiting.

Front page of the local paper actually...I'm holding on for dear life man...got the purple tail...slipping...the Black (and gold) hole has me again...starting to turn royal blue....AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh and if you wanna find me on saturday, Ill be holding a sign that has a picture of a dead horse on it and says "kill em cats" on it.... Just loaded with offensive school spirit lol:)

Rangersfan 87'

Hmmmm ???

Everything I read says he is leaning to OSU? I think there is a youtube vid taken after the denison or heath game where he talks about recruiting.

well i dont know for sure, i havent asked him personally.. so dont quote me on that, but i know Ryan said hes thinking army.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder