*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think a sociology/science teacher would know to analyze things from both sides. On the other hand I see alot of similar things in SS as I saw in Dayton last year. Last year we thought we were unstoppable. We thought we were gonna go blow out Lake Travis. Then we got a reality check. Thats why this year we are respecting every opponent and analyzing it from both sides. I see this being a good game and I dont see SS being much more powerful than Tivy.

A SS fan says, "we have already played two state championship games in a row, first against Rockwall-Heath and then Everman. Who has Dayton played?"

First of all this is the only State championship game in division 2 this year. Also, you ask, Who has Dayton played? We have just been playing some first year programs and some JV teams. Its just a fluke that we made it this far. Yall should have nothing to worry about. I suggest yall go ahead and plan your parade route instead of studying tape on Dayton. 

I can already hear the stampede coming to San Antonio. I wish I could be there for the Bronco departure from Dayton on Friday.

Ever met a 13-1 team that didn't think they had a chance?  Please, they're a good team but so are we.  

"Intelligent and refined" is what they say their board is all about.  Somehow "Intelligent and Refined" means our team is better than yours because you haven't played anybody and we've played in the toughest district in the state.  Ladies and gentlemen, let's not kid ourselves here...one thing I KNOW because I live there is that East Texas (whether south or north) is far from "Intelligent and Refined."  

Wait, maybe it is true...I hear Ralph Lauren is planning to move all of his design operations to Longview to "be in touch with the more civil side of humanity."  Word is that Harvard is opening an Executive MBA program because of the "glut of intelligence" from Texarkana to Lufkin.  I guess I stand corrected...

Please, venture outside of your hole before making a ridiculous statement like that..."Intelligent and Refined"... Anyone in Beaumont/PNG/Nederland/Newton/Kirbyville/Orange/LCM etc... want to be known as intelligent and refined??  Country boys...I can see that...rodeo tough guys...yep..."Intelligent and Refined."  Uh no...

No one from SS has said anywhere on Smoak's forum that Dayton has not played anybody.   I do believe that other Northeast Texan's probably from District 13-4A have said that Dayton has not played anyone and all that is about, is them putting a Plug in for their team who may (LHS) have made it this far or may not (the other 5 13-4a schools).   No doubt, District 13-4A is the strongest 4A District in the Great State of Texas.  If anyone cares to debate that feel free, it is an opinion but I do believe it a fact based opinion.  

Noletupwildcats wrote this in a DFW forum:

"We play for keeps up here in the North, so you better do some research before you start making predictions.  The state championship game was played the last two weeks against first Heath then Everman, you could have not beaten either.  Get ready for the best offense you have ever seen times two, it is coming to town."

I just copied and pasted it. Now yall see how confident they are..

I have seen this SS team play many times this year and their offense is something to witness.  It is very fun to watch.  The defense is considered to be their weakness, but many don't understand that when they need to get a stop, they usually do.  A lot of time points are scored because of either subs being in the game late, or because the offense puts them back on the field too quick.  The offense gets the ball, scores, and the defense comes back out for a while.  Repeat.  

The best chance of beating SS, especially the way they've been playing as of late, is to outscore them.  That means score everytime with no turnovers.  If you don't, you're in trouble.  If you do, you will be in the game!

I do think it is important to note this.

Sulphur Springs has played 5 teams ranked in the top 25 this year.  Beat three of those teams.  Lost to number 2 Longview and number 6 TXHigh.  

Dayton Has played two teams in the top 25.  

Friendswood beat them what 42-21?

and then Dayton beat Tivy by what a FG?

I do think it is important to note that SS has played in BIG Games and Won BIG Games.  

So yes I'm going to say who has played who has some importance.  

Remember 9-05-08 Dayton cuz that game will be like a scratch compared to what SS will inflict upon You!!!

I do think that SS is in a different league than Friendswood as well.  But, as Dayton fans have said, they had an "off" night that night.  Kind of like SS's vs. T-High.  SS was in the game with LV, but no-showed against T-High.  LV beat SS 32-13, but that was the game SS got in the red zone 3 or 4 times and got penalties that put them in long yardage situations everytime.  They also had a TD pass dropped early in the game, when the receiver dropped the ball running down the field by himself. 

You want us to remember the Friendswood game? OK we remember. They beat us. Since I am stooping to your level, dont forget the Texas High game. What was it?? SS 25 and Texas High 59??

Fact is both of these were over 2 months ago and they dont have anything to do with this state championship.

Thank You,

You kind of validate my point here a little.  Those Games were over two months ago.  The BIG games for SS were coming back from the losses to LHS and THigh.  Beating Denison, Heath, and Everman who were all undefeated and ranked.  Those are BIG Games.  Get a few of those under your belt next year after this weekends beating and then we'll talk again next year. 

You'll be doing backflips after you see what SS does to your Herd of Miniature Horses...

You want us to remember the Friendswood game? OK we remember. They beat us. Since I am stooping to your level, dont forget the Texas High game. What was it?? SS 25 and Texas High 59??

Fact is both of these were over 2 months ago and they dont have anything to do with this state championship.

Thank You,

You kind of validate my point here a little.   Those Games were over two months ago.  The BIG games for SS were coming back from the losses to LHS and THigh.   Beating Denison, Heath, and Everman who were all undefeated and ranked.   Those are BIG Games.  Get a few of those under your belt next year after this weekends beating and then we'll talk again next year.   

You'll be doing backflips after you see what SS does to your Herd of Miniature Horses...

Anyone in the mood for some wildcat stew?

Wildcat Stew???  Doesnt even sound good.    We'll send yall to the glue factory saturday afternoon when we are done with you.

It actually tastes pretty good following a bowl of tivy flavored deer stew----probably not as good as the possum you are used to though.

Wildcat Stew???  Doesnt even sound good.    We'll send yall to the glue factory saturday afternoon when we are done with you.

It actually tastes pretty good following a bowl of tivy flavored deer stew----probably not as good as the possum you are used to though.

I dont know that yall made stew out of Tivy...  Yall won by a fieldgoal....  You better bring a little more to the table against SS....

I dont know that yall made stew out of Tivy...   Yall won by a fieldgoal....   You better bring a little more to the table against SS....

stew seasoned with a field goal---brought to a boil by a last second victory---------tasted pretty good

Ah, the last second field goal...how tasty!!

Apparently, those that live in a glass house...

Can't wait to see this offense "like I've never seen before."

No huddle-spread offense with a great QB, Line, and good WR's.  Sound familiar to anyone?  Oh, that's right, we watch it every week.

Crummy defense that gives up a lot of yards and points...hmmm....they've usually been in Blue and Silver or Red and White...even green and white...

Sulpher Springs fans are really cocky over a team with 3 loses. (Well counting Saturday).

Everyone from SS keeps talking about numbers and stats. Dayton could have those same numbers and stats but we have a classy coach that calls the stampede off when the game is in hand. We dont like to embarrass the teams we are beating. I mean how embarrassing would it be to be beat 59 to 25.. The Bronco's are classier than that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder