The search is on for new PN-G head coach...Interviews Start In Jan./Feb. 9 Hire

KFDM COOP

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haynes better than Stump?? What you smokin'? Is that you Larry? ;D

Larry's gotta be, what 50 years old?

In 26 years of coaching, how many state title appearences do Larry's teams have?

What's Larry's playoff record? Larry is right were he needs to be 2A Hardin. Doubt he brings them a state title either.

This school board is craftier than you think.

A March 2 deadline assures the new coach will not be able to bring in any new coaches with him. Teacher renewals on contracts go out in February for the next year. This allows the district to know who wil return and who will not. Therefore the enitre staff will be retained if "they" so choose.

The good ol' boy system is still in play. Good luck with this one guys. It look like they are going to hire an old coach, near retirement, that doesn't mind working with what is already there.

Good luck finding a "big" hire, coing in half-way (March 2) through an off-season, trying to evaluate talent and coaches. There are 10 other jobs open in the state right now at 4A and 5A that will hire before March 2

Some good points here.

Im saying haynes is better than stump. Haynes guys is a heck of coach. Everywhere hes been he has won. I mean he was 19/11 at lumberton back in the 90s. Coach of the yr ten times. Has already made hardin in 2 yrs a playoff contender. Hardin won 2 games the yr before and when haynes gets there they win 9 games and won 7 games this yr. Produce 3 all/staters in 2 yrs with another on the way in villemez. Hes all u can ask for in a coach im not saying he should go to png im just saying hes better than stump and mike long. Hes top 5 best coaches in the area.

Haynes has coached in some poor districts and feasted off of those teams, but when the playoffs began his teams struggled.

In 21 seasons his teams are 6-12 in the playoffs and have never made it past the second round. Ever! None! Zilcho! Yeah great coach.

Oh and he was 4-6 in Lumberton the first year in 4A, but when Lumberton dropped down to 3A the next two years they went 7-3 & 8-2, but still missed out on the playoffs. So don't misinterpret that 19-11 record at LTown.

Stump is 6-4 in the playoffs in four seasons at WB. So in four years Craig's teams have as many playoff wins as Larry's did in 21 years. Who's the better coach.

Top 5 Area Coach. You are clueless!

1. Hooks

2. Barbay

3. Neuman

4. Stump

5. Credeur

6. Alvarez

7. Stowers (movin up fast)

8. Burnett (Head to head with Haynes MB has the wins)

9. Haynes

Numbers don't lie baseball25.

How long has stump been hc for?when he coaches for 22yr and has a record of 135/59 then come talk to me. U know haynes had the job at wbrook but turn it down and then stump got it.

So at Craig's current rate (since at WB) he will be 187-55 after 22 years. Also he will be 33-22 in the playoffs. That would be 27 more playoff wins than Larry.

Since every argument you make for your ridiculous claim that Haynes is a better coach than Stump gets shot down by facts, who's the idiot?

You think I didn't know that HF and Newton were in the 3A district in 90 and 91. HF had Spencer George and Felman Malveaux in 90 and Lumberton (the largest 3A school in the state) who had double the enrollment of HF and Newton, had Ryan Verde and Tal Light. SFA had Randolph Barnes. But still Lumberton couldn't get one of those two spots and make the playoffs!

I'm not a hater on Haynes, heck I never met the man. He is a good coach. But there are a lot of good coaches out there. But he is not a great coach. Not even close. And your claim he is better than Craig Stump is so ludicrous that it is laughable. Is Larry paying you to post or is this Kellen Haynes?

6-12 says it all!

I'm done with you. Pretty sure from all of the other posters comments on this subject that they have you pegged like I do. Moron! Stick to baseball.

Andy Evans now at Tatum, was once at EC is a name to keep in mind to.

No offense Coop, but why would he leave Tatum for PNG?  Have you seen Tatum's facilities????  They trump PNG's!  Their coloseum is incredible!  I just don't see him leaving Tatum for PNG.  I mean, he's got a lot of talent that PNG doesn't have, plus better facilities.  Just don't see it happening.

few things the article left out.masters is required and the hire date set is feb 9th.

Requiring masters is a good thing, that should eliminate a bunch there.

Requiring a masters is stupid and ignorant.  Are you telling me that if there was a coach/AD without a masters that did a great job at another school as a coach/AD  and would be the best fit to come in and get PNG back on track that you think it's a good thing you don't hire him because he doesn't have a masters?  Get off your high horse.  That's ridiculous!

I'm fed up with this kind of talk.  Look, a school district has a right, as a representative of the people, to set requirements as they deem important to them at the time.  Does a masters make them a better coach?  Of course not.  But I bet a WHOLE BUNCH  of you folks are union members, that perform a craft.  Does being a union member make you a better craftsman?...NO it doesn't, regardless of what the union tells you.  What that means is that you bought a book, and now you can operate under the union label.  I know many very skilled craftsmen, including myself, who have turned down offers to join the union, but they aren't less of a craftsman because of it either.  With that being said, there are still companies that will ONLY HIRE UNION CRAFSTMEN...PERIOD.  Why?  Because it's part of their requirements...PERIOD.  So all you guys that are trying to portrait that PNG thinks they are holier than thou, just don't get it.  It's not because they think they are better than anyone else,  it's just a simple requirement.  If you folks can't get past that, I feel sorry for ya.  If ya'll were inteligent enought to understand all of this, you might be on a school board yourself...but you're not!

:'(  Coaching isn't a union job.  You're comparing apples to oranges.  Jackhammer got it right many of us believe.  It's just PNG being PNG.  It's our right to read into this "standard set forth by the powers that be at Port Neches Groves ISD."

few things the article left out.masters is required and the hire date set is feb 9th.

Requiring masters is a good thing, that should eliminate a bunch there.

Requiring a masters is stupid and ignorant.  Are you telling me that if there was a coach/AD without a masters that did a great job at another school as a coach/AD  and would be the best fit to come in and get PNG back on track that you think it's a good thing you don't hire him because he doesn't have a masters?  Get off your high horse.  That's ridiculous!

I'm fed up with this kind of talk.  Look, a school district has a right, as a representative of the people, to set requirements as they deem important to them at the time.  Does a masters make them a better coach?  Of course not.  But I bet a WHOLE BUNCH  of you folks are union members, that perform a craft.  Does being a union member make you a better craftsman?...NO it doesn't, regardless of what the union tells you.  What that means is that you bought a book, and now you can operate under the union label.  I know many very skilled craftsmen, including myself, who have turned down offers to join the union, but they aren't less of a craftsman because of it either.  With that being said, there are still companies that will ONLY HIRE UNION CRAFSTMEN...PERIOD.  Why?  Because it's part of their requirements...PERIOD.  So all you guys that are trying to portrait that PNG thinks they are holier than thou, just don't get it.  It's not because they think they are better than anyone else,  it's just a simple requirement.  If you folks can't get past that, I feel sorry for ya.  If ya'll were inteligent enought to understand all of this, you might be on a school board yourself...but you're not!

Cant argue with that post.  Painted  a pretty simple picture. 

Guess it would be a simple painted picture if coaching was a Union job which it isn't so the thought process behind it is irrelevant.

Saw this on the PNG website

REAL OR RUMOR...this proves to be rumor.

Yesterday, we finally got to talk with Joe Evans, Andy's Dad, and he said this is not true. Andy has not applied for the position of AD/HC and that he is perfectly content at Tatum. Matter of fact he said if Tatum ask him to leave in the near future he would not leave that area, but leave his kids in the Tatum schools until they graduated; which is a while because the youngest is still in elementary. He said he would move to the classroom or find another job in the area but not leave. He said being a kid of a coach he got so tired of moving around that he did not want to do that to his kids.

However, Joe and Andy both said the the PNG position is a great opportunity and any coach looking to relocate would be honored to be involved with the PNG program. They said PNG is still greatly respected across the state.

3A Tatum is a better job than 4A PNG

Andy Evans now at Tatum, was once at EC is a name to keep in mind to.

No offense Coop, but why would he leave Tatum for PNG?  Have you seen Tatum's facilities????  They trump PNG's!   Their coloseum is incredible!  I just don't see him leaving Tatum for PNG.  I mean, he's got a lot of talent that PNG doesn't have, plus better facilities.  Just don't see it happening.

Coliseum? 

This is the hidden content, please

Ok so what is so impressive about Tatum's stadium ? PNG's is alot larger as far as seating capacity. All the home side concessions and restrooms are under the bleachers and if it starts raining you can go down there and stay dry. My only wish is that they would put some video monitors under the bleachers so that while your in line you can watch the game.  I think the Res. will compete with about 80% of the stadiums in the state on usefullness and niceness !!!  JMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder