The search is on for new PN-G head coach...Interviews Start In Jan./Feb. 9 Hire

KFDM COOP

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ead on a web site (I sure another rumor) It would be 85,ooo take it for what its worth.

I'm hearing its more than that, I believe the exact word I was told was " it will be comparable to what Neumann is making". I thought he made in the 90's.

I heard today that they have already talked to some. Anyone have any ideas on anyone from Oklahoma. They did talk to someone from Oklahoma(all I know about him). I do know of another coach who talked to them and I won't give a name( at that persons wishes). But when you ask why some might consider leaving a program they established, you have to remember that there are good football programs in lower ranking school districts.This is a factor if you have children.

Andy Evans now at Tatum, was once at EC is a name to keep in mind to.

I have known this man for MANY years...Taught me and my siblings swimming lessons back in the day in Anahuac...Great guy and is on the track to move up in classification but from what I hear he took that job with intentions of being there a long time...Im sure that he is making some pretty good $ up there.  Believe it or not they have got some money up there with the coal mines and a few others...Their facilities rival some of the best!  Would be a great hire but I am not so sure that he would leave.

PN-G High School Head Coach Search Timeline

Post job 12/10/08

Form Interview Committee 12/17/08

Conduct Interview Committee Training 1/7/09

Application Deadline 1/9/09

Application Review 1/12 – 1/16/09

First Round Interviews 1/19 – 1/23/09

Selection of Semi Finalists 1/23/09

Second Round Interviews 1/30 – 2/3/09

Recommendation to the Board 2/10/09

Preferred Start Date 3/2/09

Guest rykerx144

Andy Evans now at Tatum, was once at EC is a name to keep in mind to.

your going to have a hard time pulling Evans away from Dee Hart.  They paired up at East Chambers and now have a nice nest on the ground.  Dont count on this one

few things the article left out.masters is required and the hire date set is feb 9th.

Requiring masters is a good thing, that should eliminate a bunch there.

Requiring a masters is stupid and ignorant.  Are you telling me that if there was a coach/AD without a masters that did a great job at another school as a coach/AD  and would be the best fit to come in and get PNG back on track that you think it's a good thing you don't hire him because he doesn't have a masters?  Get off your high horse.  That's ridiculous!

I'm fed up with this kind of talk.  Look, a school district has a right, as a representative of the people, to set requirements as they deem important to them at the time.  Does a masters make them a better coach?  Of course not.  But I bet a WHOLE BUNCH  of you folks are union members, that perform a craft.  Does being a union member make you a better craftsman?...NO it doesn't, regardless of what the union tells you.  What that means is that you bought a book, and now you can operate under the union label.  I know many very skilled craftsmen, including myself, who have turned down offers to join the union, but they aren't less of a craftsman because of it either.  With that being said, there are still companies that will ONLY HIRE UNION CRAFSTMEN...PERIOD.  Why?  Because it's part of their requirements...PERIOD.  So all you guys that are trying to portrait that PNG thinks they are holier than thou, just don't get it.  It's not because they think they are better than anyone else,  it's just a simple requirement.  If you folks can't get past that, I feel sorry for ya.  If ya'll were inteligent enought to understand all of this, you might be on a school board yourself...but you're not!

few things the article left out.masters is required and the hire date set is feb 9th.

Requiring a masters is stupid and ignorant.  Are you telling me that if there was a coach/AD without a masters that did a great job at another school as a coach/AD  and would be the best fit to come in and get PNG back on track that you think it's a good thing you don't hire him because he doesn't have a masters?  Get off your high horse.  That's ridiculous!

I'm fed up with this kind of talk.  Look, a school district has a right, as a representative of the people, to set requirements as they deem important to them at the time.  Does a masters make them a better coach?  Of course not.  But I bet a WHOLE BUNCH  of you folks are union members, that perform a craft.  Does being a union member make you a better craftsman?...NO it doesn't, regardless of what the union tells you.  What that means is that you bought a book, and now you can operate under the union label.  I know many very skilled craftsmen, including myself, who have turned down offers to join the union, but they aren't less of a craftsman because of it either.  With that being said, there are still companies that will ONLY HIRE UNION CRAFSTMEN...PERIOD.  Why?  Because it's part of their requirements...PERIOD.  So all you guys that are trying to portrait that PNG thinks they are holier than thou, just don't get it.  It's not because they think they are better than anyone else,  it's just a simple requirement.  If you folks can't get past that, I feel sorry for ya.  If ya'll were inteligent enought to understand all of this, you might be on a school board yourself...but you're not!

Cant argue with that post.  Painted  a pretty simple picture. 

Guest rykerx144

Cant argue with that post.  Painted  a pretty simple picture. 

the only problem with that analogy is the fact there are probably 50,000 gifted craftsman, and 25,000 craftsmen in the union, and there are what about 20 high school head coaches in the area and about 3 intrested in the job and maybe 10 in the whole state?  so why limit yourself anymore? 

Didnt buy my book, earned my book through a five year apprenticeship program.

Your analogy makes no sense. Companies who hire Union craftsmen are under contracts that state they will hire union craftsmen and the union will supply those craftsmen to do the work.

PNG is writing the contract for this position and can put whatever kind of language and hiring stipulations they want in that contract.

Having a masters is like saying you are going to make all inteligent post on this board just because you are a moderator. You already proved that wrong.

Guest rykerx144

Your analogy makes no sense. Companies who hire Union craftsmen are under contracts that state they will hire union craftsmen and the union will supply those craftsmen to do the work.

PNG is writing the contract for this position and can put whatever kind of language and hiring stipulations they want in that contract.

Having a masters is like saying you are going to make all inteligent post on this board just because you are a moderator. You already proved that wrong.

one point taken away from PNG pround and two points awarded to roughrider...lol

LOL its funny how some of you have taken exception to your job being talked about yet have no problem talking about the qualifications of people who work in a field that you know nothing about.

Guest rykerx144

LOL its funny how some of you have taken exception to your job being talked about yet have no problem talking about the qualifications of people who work in a field that you know nothing about.

which job are you referring we know nothing about?

I guess if I changed my screen name to "Vince Lombardi" then I would be an expert to talk about the subject bearbryant.

which job are you referring we know nothing about?

Football coaches

I guess if I changed my screen name to "Vince Lombardi" then I would be an expert to talk about the subject bearbryant.

No maybe if you were a current or former high school football coach. 

Well Bear, I hope you get the PNG job. You got your masters?

3 hrs away from it .   I wasn't slamming you guys, just having a little laugh. 

Bear, I didn't realise you were applying.  Good luck.

Its always fun to slam on each other.  ;D

Bear, I didn't realise you were applying.  Good luck.

Who said I was applying?  I think not.  PNG is going to find them a great coach dont worry.  

Guest rykerx144

you have no ideal how much any of us know about coaching? That was a very unintelligent remark for someone with a Masters!   Which proves my point, obviously having a masters doesnt make you any better at making an intelligent post any more than it would help them be a better coach

Having a masters is like saying you are going to make all intelligent post on this board just because you are a moderator. You already proved that wrong.

you have no ideal how much any of us know about coaching? That was a very unintelligent remark for someone with a Masters!   Which proves my point, obviously having a masters doesnt make you any better at making an intelligent post any more than it would help them be a better coach

That is why you cant put to much stock into what you read on a public on a message board. It could be anybody saying anything. It could be the town drunk, or a twelve year old kid. With out a persons name attached , you can not check to see if that person has any creditability. We know Coop has creditability because we know who he is.News paper guys have creditability because there names go with there article. No offense to anybody. Hell my name not on here so I do not have credibility. But I do not critique or bash anybody. I believe if you critique some body you should put your name so we can see if you know what your talking about. Stepping off of soap box

You're right, I don't have any "IDEAL" how much you know about coaching?  LOL  I guess you learned about coaching football while in the apprenticeship program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder