2 PN-G Should Look At.

smitty

If anyone personally makes calls to prospective candidates, don't forget to call the Everman coach after their run is over.  Or contact board members and the Principal and Supt. and tell about these two coaches.  But, again, don't limit yourself to just these 2.  Do a little homework and make a list of all the good candidate you can come up with.  I would also submit this list to the before mentioned people.

Class 4A Div. II Rating 

4A 8 (2) Everman  (13-0) 189.67 

4A 13 (6) Sulphur Springs  (11-2) 180.64 

4A 8 (9) Stephenville  (10-3) 178.80 

4A 27 (11) Kerrville Tivy  (11-2) 177.18 

4A 10 (12) Rockwall-Heath (13-0) 177.17 

4A 19 (22) Dayton  (11-1) 172.56 

4A 25 (35) Pflugerville Hendrickson (10-3) 166.82 

4A 18 (50) Brenham (8-4) 162.54 

Class 3A Div. II Rating 

3A 17 (1) Gilmer  (12-1) 171.01 

3A 8 (3) Liberty Hill  (13-0) 168.53 

3A 18 (6) Carthage  (11-2) 164.81 

3A 9 (7) Celina  (10-3) 163.74 

3A 5 (9) Bridgeport  (12-0) 161.17 

3A 25 (11) Bellville  (12-1) 160.06 

3A 25 (14) Giddings  (10-3) 157.97 

3A 12 (15) Kaufman  (10-3) 153.45

Coach Keeling from Everman is a great coach and an even better person....

Another great coach to look at is Lake Travis OC Matt Greene, who I expect to be looked at for the Head Coaching position that opened at Brownwood today.  I've heard that Steve Freeman resigned to take a position at Baylor with Coach Briles. 

What I would do -- and have done -- is call them and invite them to apply.  During this conversation one could feel them out whether they are truly, or not, interested.  I'm sure they would ask questions such as talent, community support, etc.  Just the mere fact that people think enough of them to call might impress them enough to apply.  Or if they aren't interested they might suggest someone who would be a good candidate. 

I've always thought as a taxpayer, hiring an unknown might end up wasting my tax dollars.  So since it's my tax dollars that will pay for this coach I have the right, obligation, to try and make sure my tax dollars are not wasted. 

I'm going to let an unknown with no head coaching experience get his feet wet at another school on other people's tax dollar.  I try, not always successful, for the sure thing.  This means an experienced head coach with a winning record. 

[quote author=Tiger90 link=topic=46538.msg479186#msg479186 date=1228504103

If you were to write a letter to one of those coaches what would you say and why?  What does PNG offer that those schools do not? You'd have to sell yourself.  I'm curious to hear. 

Well the Gilmer coach can now be contacted.  Will have to wait on the Everman coach.  I would strongly urge the people in PN to make these contacts.  All I can say is don't make a haste decision.

If anyone personally makes calls to prospective candidates, don't forget to call the Everman coach after their run is over.  Or contact board members and the Principal and Supt. and tell about these two coaches.  But, again, don't limit yourself to just these 2.  Do a little homework and make a list of all the good candidate you can come up with.  I would also submit this list to the before mentioned people.

Class 4A Div. II Rating 

4A 8 (2) Everman  (13-0) 189.67 

4A 13 (6) Sulphur Springs  (11-2) 180.64 

4A 8 (9) Stephenville  (10-3) 178.80 

4A 27 (11) Kerrville Tivy  (11-2) 177.18 

4A 10 (12) Rockwall-Heath (13-0) 177.17 

4A 19 (22) Dayton  (11-1) 172.56 

4A 25 (35) Pflugerville Hendrickson (10-3) 166.82 

4A 18 (50) Brenham (8-4) 162.54 

Class 3A Div. II Rating 

3A 17 (1) Gilmer  (12-1) 171.01 

3A 8 (3) Liberty Hill  (13-0) 168.53 

3A 18 (6) Carthage  (11-2) 164.81 

3A 9 (7) Celina  (10-3) 163.74 

3A 5 (9) Bridgeport  (12-0) 161.17 

3A 25 (11) Bellville  (12-1) 160.06 

3A 25 (14) Giddings  (10-3) 157.97 

3A 12 (15) Kaufman  (10-3) 153.45

From a reliable source. If Long gets the job , Al Rab and G Escue have agreed to

go with him. That would be three guys with successfull head coaching experience. Those three have a track record of producing high level offenses. If this happens you better buy some extra lights for the score board because its about to get blowd up.

Is it your thinking that Long would a better choice than either the Gilmer or Everman coach?

From a reliable source. If Long gets the job , Al Rab and G Escue have agreed to

go with him. That would be three guys with successfull head coaching experience. Those three have a track record of producing high level offenses. If this happens you better buy some extra lights for the score board because its about to get blowd up.

You may need to refresh my memory: Escue coached with Rabb at West Brook.  How did they do?  How did Rabb do over all?

I think when we get the answer we'll have to do a little study on comparing the records of Rabb, Long against the Gilmer and Everman coach.  Come to think of it, this might be interesting! 

yea smit i am thinking that three successfull coaches are better then one

All this info is trash. Here are the facts, the school board is opening this thing up state wide.  The position will be an AD position.  The applicant must have a masters degree. (Long and Credeur don't).  The pay will be comparable to the Nederland job.  Instead of being keyboard warriors, show up to the meeting and get the straight facts.  I am under the understanding, from great sources, there will be a group of dads at the meeting inquiring how this thing will be done. All the chat of coaches is ridiculous, if anyone thinks 1 man can make a change, they are mistaken.  A clean sweep is the only thing that will work.  For the people saying this isn't a desirable job, that's semi correct.  The addition of the AD job Helps and the pay surely helps.  The facility will be the main reason a GREAT coach will be interested.  Someone who will work with the program from a 5 year old playing flag football, to middle school kids, all the way through high school.  Those are important things that need to be brought back to PNG, the rest will fall in place after this.  Might even see a few new names playing instead of the same coaches kids.  

I know that i was one of them, and i dont have a dog in the fight YET, my son has played on a winner of a football team every year except one (hes now in Jr tackle) and ive seen the programs decline since MB refused to change, i wanted a change along with alot of people so we could catch up with the modern times so we could have a winner of a HS program

Well after coaching for 13 years I have been on both sides the old coach going out nad the new coach coming in. And I just feel things should have been handled with a little more class. Honor, Pride, Tradition...Class needs to be added.

I talked with MB personally and he told me they were going back to SMASHMOUTH football 2 springs ago. He said that he thought that teams were gearing themselves more toward defending the spread. And that when they played PNG they would have to change their scheme. I asked about defense and he said they weren't going to change much. We talked at length about the reasons he wanted to do what he thought was best and I shared with him my thoughts. But a HC knows his personal. Even if they are not utilized in the proper way. To listen to him justify why he was going back to OLD school football. He was so excited I was happy for him. Now it looks as if things didn't work out. But that is the way it goes sometimes... I still believe he is a great guy and deserved a better way of going out.

He is a TRUE INDIAN!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder