2 PN-G Should Look At.

smitty

I know that i was one of them, and i dont have a dog in the fight YET, my son has played on a winner of a football team every year except one (hes now in Jr tackle) and ive seen the programs decline since MB refused to change, i wanted a change along with alot of people so we could catch up with the modern times so we could have a winner of a HS program

Just what is "modern" football?

Good question, bear?  I wonder what he means by "modern" football?  I assume that he is talking about a spread type offense, which is fine if you have the right personnel, but it certainly is not the only way to win football games...Alabama doesn't play "modern" football and they have been successful this season...Florida beat them, yes, but that had more to do with talent than scheme.

Kinda comes in handy, wouldn't you say bru?  It is amazing how a coach's IQ is very closely tied to the talent of his players.  I am not saying coaching cannot make a difference, because it can, but you can only do so much with limited talent.

Kinda comes in handy, wouldn't you say bru?  It is amazing how a coach's IQ is very closely tied to the talent of his players.  I am not saying coaching cannot make a difference, because it can, but you can only do so much with limited talent.

So very very true

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken S---!

All this info is trash. Here are the facts, the school board is opening this thing up state wide.  The position will be an AD position.  The applicant must have a masters degree. (Long and Credeur don't).  The pay will be comparable to the Nederland job.  Instead of being keyboard warriors, show up to the meeting and get the straight facts.  I am under the understanding, from great sources, there will be a group of dads at the meeting inquiring how this thing will be done. All the chat of coaches is ridiculous, if anyone thinks 1 man can make a change, they are mistaken.  A clean sweep is the only thing that will work.  For the people saying this isn't a desirable job, that's semi correct.  The addition of the AD job Helps and the pay surely helps.  The facility will be the main reason a GREAT coach will be interested.  Someone who will work with the program from a 5 year old playing flag football, to middle school kids, all the way through high school.  Those are important things that need to be brought back to PNG, the rest will fall in place after this.  Might even see a few new names playing instead of the same coaches kids.  

That ought to be interesting

All this info is trash. Here are the facts, the school board is opening this thing up state wide.  The position will be an AD position.  The applicant must have a masters degree. (Long and Credeur don't).  The pay will be comparable to the Nederland job.  Instead of being keyboard warriors, show up to the meeting and get the straight facts.  I am under the understanding, from great sources, there will be a group of dads at the meeting inquiring how this thing will be done. All the chat of coaches is ridiculous, if anyone thinks 1 man can make a change, they are mistaken.  A clean sweep is the only thing that will work.  For the people saying this isn't a desirable job, that's semi correct.  The addition of the AD job Helps and the pay surely helps.  The facility will be the main reason a GREAT coach will be interested.  Someone who will work with the program from a 5 year old playing flag football, to middle school kids, all the way through high school.  Those are important things that need to be brought back to PNG, the rest will fall in place after this.  Might even see a few new names playing instead of the same coaches kids.  

That ought to be interesting

Now that is some funny stuff

OK

Good luck getting a coach who is experienced and has a winning record after the way you guys ran MB out of his job.  The Man makes the playoffs and goes 2 rounds deep in '07 and then has a down year and gets canned.  The community of PNG better come to grips with cold harsh reality.  This job is radioactive now.  Your overbearing, backstabbing, second guessing and message board coaching critiques have tarninshed a proud and historic program.  I am not saying that you will not get a good coach, but whoever it is will more than likely use PNG as a springboard to get a good job somewhere else.  They will not stick around like Hooks and Neuman.  The revolving door of coaches may have just been opened by the PNG faithful who got rid of MB. 

OK

Good luck getting a coach who is experienced and has a winning record after the way you guys ran MB out of his job.  The Man makes the playoffs and goes 2 rounds deep in '07 and then has a down year and gets canned.  The community of PNG better come to grips with cold harsh reality.  This job is radioactive now.  Your overbearing, backstabbing, second guessing and message board coaching critiques have tarninshed a proud and historic program.  I am not saying that you will not get a good coach, but whoever it is will more than likely use PNG as a springboard to get a good job somewhere else.  They will not stick around like Hooks and Neuman.  The revolving door of coaches may have just been opened by the PNG faithful who got rid of MB. 

Would Hooks and Neumann keep their job with the following record:

2008  3 - 6

2007  8 - 4 made playoffs

2006  5 - 5

2005  5 - 3

2004  8 - 4 made playoffs

2003  8 - 4 made playoffs

2002  5 - 5

2001  3 - 6

2000  5 - 5

Made the playoffs 3 out of 9 years.

OK

it was time for a change.the program was flat.ill bet 95% of png agree with this.

2008  3 - 6

2006  5 - 5

2005  5 - 3

2002  5 - 5

2001  3 - 6

2000  5 - 5

OK

2008  3 - 6

2006  5 - 5

2005  5 - 3

2002  5 - 5

2001  3 - 6

2000  5 - 5

No they would not, just another person who dont know s#$t coming around with his 2 cents

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83