LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

Why not go to LCM....they have athletes that can get the job done.. they just have to be discplined  which alverez would do and work hard in the weight room and believe in what alverez is teaching......why not leave its a 4a job in one of the best districts in the state....

I think it comes down to Alverez along with Kevin Hayes HC/AD from Teague, both have the experience of the position needed and success of turning programs into proven winners that compete at a high level.

I understand the Love for Harrell and Crouch but this job really needs someone who has done it before, walks in and begans the turnaround immediatly.

For those that continue to say WHY LCM?? remember AD is in the title, and not only do they have first class facilities(better than most schools) but they have winning programs Vollyball, Baseball, Softball always year end and year out in the playoffs, Basketball Boys begining a tradition of playoff trips under Coach Harley. CC always strong so it is a excellent program to be associated with.

I think it comes down to Alverez along with Kevin Hayes HC/AD from Teague, both have the experience of the position needed and success of turning programs into proven winners that compete at a high level.

I understand the Love for Harrell and Crouch but this job really needs someone who has done it before, walks in and begans the turnaround immediatly.

For those that continue to say WHY LCM?? remember AD is in the title, and not only do they have first class facilities(better than most schools) but they have winning programs Vollyball, Baseball, Softball always year end and year out in the playoffs, Basketball Boys begining a tradition of playoff trips under Coach Harley. CC always strong so it is a excellent program to be associated with.

Can anyone tell me why Alvarez is wanting to move?  I'm not slamming LCM....but if he is wanting to move up or continue to move up, why not to a 5-A school?  Is he wanting a new challenge?  Why?

One step at a time.

I agree 2A to 5A is a huge jump. It will happen though if he continues what he has been able to do in Kville.

Can anyone tell me why Alvarez is wanting to move?  I'm not slamming LCM....but if he is wanting to move up or continue to move up, why not to a 5-A school?  Is he wanting a new challenge?  Why?

One step at a time.

I agree 2A to 5A is a huge jump. It will happen though if he continues what he has been able to do in Kville.

LCM would be getting a good one.  He has done a fine job in K-ville.  Alot of 3-A schools were glad K-ville went down.  I just wonder how long he would be staying.

They will not hire a coach because he is great AD they will hire the next coach to win football games.

One step at a time.

Why do you say that pngfan?  You think Alvarez is PNG's man?

One step at a time.

Football is football it doesn't matter the classification. 

One step at a time.

I don't know about PNG? I think there may be a step to be taken before 5A.  I think a step from 2A Kirbyville to A 4A like LC-M or PNG would be more likely than landing a 5A deal.

One step at a time.

Football is football it doesn't matter the classification. 

it matters to those doing the hiring it seems...

One step at a time.

I don't know about PNG? I think there may be a step to be taken before 5A.  I think a step from 2A Kirbyville to A 4A like LC-M or PNG would be more likely than landing a 5A deal.

I've seen 1A to 5A before. And 1A to 4A several times. 

I've also seen 5A guys (coordinators) come down to 1A's as HC's and not be successful. If a person is a good coach, then they can coach at any level. 

One step at a time.

I've seen 1A to 5A before. And 1A to 4A several times. 

I've also seen 5A guys (coordinators) come down to 1A's as HC's and not be successful. If a person is a good coach, then they can coach at any level. 

I agee in that it depends on the team and the coach. But, there is a huge difference in 2A and 5A ball in general.

The difference is in the managing of the numbers, not the football.  I know more 1A and 2A coaches that could move to 5a easier than 5a coaches moving down.  It is all great, but until you have to line fields, mow, kill ants, fix the mower, drive the bus, teach the classes, be the principal for a week while they are gone, do the laundry, etc., you don't understand how hard the coaches work at the lower classifications.

Good post. I certainly agree with you Nada Baseball25

I wonder how much money  there would be in a jump from Kirbyville to LCM?

I'm not 100% sure, but I would think it's a pretty good jump in pay

If you are really running numbers, also check to see if there is a jump in pay from the Assistant Head Coaching position at Texas High to the HC/AD position at LCM.  ;D  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder