LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skipper PM me I have some info for you 8)

(TheBigSwitch must have just found out that Dan Ray Hooks applied....sssshhhhhh! keep it quiet!)

Makes sense about Hooks.  I always heard he's got a great working relationship with Little Cypress Junior High players and their families. 

(TheBigSwitch must have just found out that Dan Ray Hooks applied....sssshhhhhh! keep it quiet!)

Makes sense about Hooks.  I always heard he's got a great working relationship with Little Cypress Junior High players and their families. 

LOL

;D  Funny and Sad at the same time. 

I guess the "ting" of truth in it's what makes it sad. 

if the bears do get the OC coach from west orange stark, what changes do u look for .he loves to put the ball in the air we all know this,and he looks for speed.i am not so sure  he will have the speed he had at wo-s, we will see.i wish the bears  the best this year

if the bears do get the OC coach from west orange stark, what changes do u look for .he loves to put the ball in the air we all know this,and he looks for speed.i am not so sure  he will have the speed he had at wo-s, we will see.i wish the bears  the best this year

Anything is possible with the right coach and program in place.....

Look at Stephenville for example...We hadn't made the playoffs since 1952 or 1953 and then the admin hires a young Art Briles.  His first year we went 4-5-1 and then we took off.  We started off by making the playoffs and then won a few rounds, but the most important thing the administration did was give Coach Briles time to condition his players physically and mentally...You have to give a coach time....The players that won the first state championship at Stephenville were in the 7th grade in Briles first year....They were the first group of athletes to completely go through Coach Briles program and it obviously worked. 

Stephenville and LCM are similar in many ways (great community, great school system, etc...) - I can promise you that Stephenville doesn't have superior athletes compared to LCM, in fact I bet most of the athletes are pretty close in athletic ability...The biggest difference is that we had a coach come in that demanded perfection, hard work, and the mind set that we were going to win every game....He made sure that we respected our opponents 100%, but also expected to win every game....Tradition has to start somewhere...Why not start it today??

I apologize if anyone thinks I tried to make this about anything other than LCM, I was just giving an example that it doesn't always take WOS or La Marque type athletes to win and win often...LCM can win! You just got to believe it, work hard, and refuse to lose....Losing has to make you sick (it literally use to make me throw up)...Good luck to LCM and remember what I said above....Tradition has to start somewhere...Why not start it today??

A comparison from  www.collier-sharp.com

Ten Years Before Coach Briles

1987  4-AAAA      4    6    0    Joe Loudermilk

1986  4-AAAA      6    4    0    Joe Loudermilk

1985  4-AAAA      3    6    1    Joe Loudermilk

1984  4-AAAA      0  10    0    Joe Loudermilk

1983  4-AAAA      4    6    0    Joe Loudermilk

1982  4-AAAA      8    2    0    Joe Loudermilk

1981  4-AAAA      2    8    0    Leon Manley

1980  4-AAAA      7    3    0    Leon Manley

1979  11-AAA      6    4    0    Leon Manley

1978  11-AAA      4    6    0    Leon Manley

Ten Years Before New Coach At LCM (2008 not included)

2007  22-AAAA    1    9    0    Todd Moody

2006  22-AAAA    5    5    0    Todd Moody

2005  20-AAAA    2    6    0    Todd Moody

2004  20-AAAA    3    7    0    David Williams

2003  20-AAAA    5    5    0    David Williams

2002  20-AAAA    2    8    0    David Williams

2001  20-AAAA    3    6    0    David Williams

2000  20-AAAA    2    8    0    David Williams

1999  20-AAAA    3    7    0    David Williams

1998  20-AAAA    4    6    0    David Williams

***Looks pretty similar 

Guest LCM Volleyball

Look at Stephenville for example...We hadn't made the playoffs since 1952 or 1953 and then the admin hires a young Art Briles.  His first year we went 4-5-1 and then we took off.  We started off by making the playoffs and then won a few rounds, but the most important thing the administration did was give Coach Briles time to condition his players physically and mentally...You have to give a coach time....The players that won the first state championship at Stephenville were in the 7th grade in Briles first year....They were the first group of athletes to completely go through Coach Briles program and it obviously worked. 

Stephenville and LCM are similar in many ways (great community, great school system, etc...) - I can promise you that Stephenville doesn't have superior athletes compared to LCM, in fact I bet most of the athletes are pretty close in athletic ability...The biggest difference is that we had a coach come in that demanded perfection, hard work, and the mind set that we were going to win every game....He made sure that we respected our opponents 100%, but also expected to win every game....Tradition has to start somewhere...Why not start it today??

I apologize if anyone thinks I tried to make this about anything other than LCM, I was just giving an example that it doesn't always take WOS or La Marque type athletes to win and win often...LCM can win! You just got to believe it, work hard, and refuse to lose....Losing has to make you sick (it literally use to make me throw up)...Good luck to LCM and remember what I said above....Tradition has to start somewhere...Why not start it today??

1987   4-AAAA      4    6    0    Joe Loudermilk

1986   4-AAAA      6    4    0    Joe Loudermilk

1985   4-AAAA      3    6    1    Joe Loudermilk

1984   4-AAAA      0   10    0    Joe Loudermilk

1983   4-AAAA      4    6    0    Joe Loudermilk

1982   4-AAAA      8    2    0    Joe Loudermilk

1981   4-AAAA      2    8    0    Leon Manley

1980   4-AAAA      7    3    0    Leon Manley

1979   11-AAA      6    4    0    Leon Manley

1978   11-AAA      4    6    0    Leon Manley

2007   22-AAAA     1    9    0    Todd Moody

2006   22-AAAA     5    5    0    Todd Moody

2005   20-AAAA     2    6    0    Todd Moody

2004   20-AAAA     3    7    0    David Williams

2003   20-AAAA     5    5    0    David Williams

2002   20-AAAA     2    8    0    David Williams

2001   20-AAAA     3    6    0    David Williams

2000   20-AAAA     2    8    0    David Williams

1999   20-AAAA     3    7    0    David Williams

1998   20-AAAA     4    6    0    David Williams

***Looks pretty similar 

You are so right sir! All we need is a good coach to come in here and stay a while and not put up with the Politics, parents etc. We need a my way or the Highway type coach and i can promise you we will compete. There is NO WAY in HELL teams like PN-G, Nederland, Lumberton have that much more talent than LC-M, NO WAY!! And don't even argue it. I can promise you if we get a good coach that comes in here and not put up with any BS, within a couple of years we'll be in that top 4 every year.

There's really not that great a difference in talent across the state between the best teams and the worst teams.  The better teams just have a program that seems to get the most out of the talent.  Stevie Ray is right...it does start on the second grade level.  Look at Dayton for example...didn't quite have the lean years LCM and Stephenville had but they were 3-7, 0-10, 1-9, 2-8 the four years prior then Coach Stewart takes them to the playoffs in his first year with probably less talent than was on any of the previous four teams.  Keep your head up LCM...if your administration can get the right guy, he'll turn it around. 

That being said, I used to do a lot of work with the local governments (including the school districts) there in Orange County...some of the most difficult people I've ever had to work with and some of the politics were just down right asinine.  The administration should form a search committee to go out and recruit a new head coach IMO.  Sitting back and waiting on people to apply is probably not going to get the job done.  What's there to attract a coach that doesn't already live there??  Quality of life, attractions, air quality, Chili's, the new La Quinta, Shangri-La?  Only so many good coaches come from one area and sounds like WOS already has most of them locked up.  Chances are any of the remaining ones probably end up at PN-G. 

Hopefully this doesn't end up being a train wreck in LC-M but it's not sounding so good thus far.

1987   4-AAAA      4    6    0    Joe Loudermilk

1986   4-AAAA      6    4    0    Joe Loudermilk

1985   4-AAAA      3    6    1    Joe Loudermilk

1984   4-AAAA      0   10    0    Joe Loudermilk

1983   4-AAAA      4    6    0    Joe Loudermilk

1982   4-AAAA      8    2    0    Joe Loudermilk

1981   4-AAAA      2    8    0    Leon Manley

1980   4-AAAA      7    3    0    Leon Manley

1979   11-AAA      6    4    0    Leon Manley

1978   11-AAA      4    6    0    Leon Manley

2007   22-AAAA     1    9    0    Todd Moody

2006   22-AAAA     5    5    0    Todd Moody

2005   20-AAAA     2    6    0    Todd Moody

2004   20-AAAA     3    7    0    David Williams

2003   20-AAAA     5    5    0    David Williams

2002   20-AAAA     2    8    0    David Williams

2001   20-AAAA     3    6    0    David Williams

2000   20-AAAA     2    8    0    David Williams

1999   20-AAAA     3    7    0    David Williams

1998   20-AAAA     4    6    0    David Williams

***Looks pretty similar 

Mr. B  great post. If you get down this way call me and we will get together and talk football. Tell family I said "hello".

The info that I got came from one of the coaches at the school.  He said at the time that only two had applied.  Maybe more have since last week, but I haven't heard any names. 

Admin, you  seem to know, so who else has applied besides Crouch and Bolton, give us some names.

well known name has applied, but till it's officially announced by the school district to the media, everything else is just speculation. i would expect that's the way the concerned people of LCM would like it handled.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder