LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

MMS has asked to play LCJH ever year. It's funny how a small school that has produced so many college players and varsity starters keeps getting jumped on for not preparing players.

When my  boys were in school mms played lcjh and it  was mms 8th grade  against lcjh 7th grade as for why they dont play now I dont know. Solve this whole problem by building one central jr.high also would help at the high school level.jmo

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackbquick

Well in MMS defense they do try and play LCJH but the administration will not let them play at least that is what I have been told.

OK, did not know that. Why should admin not want these two schools to play, are they afraid someone may beat the other one and they may not get along in high school. That is rediculous because that is competition and what makes a team better is getting kids up for certain games and showing them how much better winning is than losing, but to know that they need to know what it takes to win at a higher level.This may explain alot about what is going on at LCM and why they are not as competitive as they should be with the types of kids they have .  

Guest ksensat

We do not need 1 jh. Nederland and PNG both have two JHs. The problem is above the JH program. We need leaders to do right for our athletic program and we will succeed w/ two JHs just like the other two schools in the district.

Guest jackbquick

MMS has asked to play LCJH ever year. It's funny how a small school that has produced so many college players and varsity starters keeps getting jumped on for not preparing players.

Name some football players from MMS that went to a major college in football for me. Maybe some of them going to college happened because of the very good coaches at the high scool since they do have 4 years of athletics after MMS or just due to their overall athletic ability.

I named a small list a few pages back. I never said varsity coaches had no impact on these kids. I just don't know why everyone wants to discredit MMS players and coaches. But I have said my last on this thread, I will not argue with someone using a username. I coached at MMS for 3 years,I know the caliber of kids and their level of play.If major d1 schools is your only accepted why of judging a program alot of great high school teams must not mean anything to you because there have been some great ones who didn't produce one d1 player.Larry Brister,signing off :)

Guest ksensat

He said MMS produces many college players. He did not say anything about major colleges. I mean lets get real. How many LCM players go to major colleges.  Lets quit attacking MMS's program. I agree they need to play a tougher schedule but they are still being prepared to play football. They are well coached, they know the game.

I am taking a page from Larry and signing off on this post.  rtdirish -- that was just plain tacky.  Don't knock what MMS has done or what Burke has done.  You weren't there and you have no clue.  You bash those kids and coaches who probably busted their tails more than you ever could. 

I hope LCM finds who they are looking for and I hope this person has tough skin.  I like Burke and some of the others who's names have been listed.  Wish them all the best.  But I want no part in personally attacking the football players of Mauriceville or LC or making fun.  This has turned into a circus.

MMS Panther fan signing off :)

I am taking a page from Larry and signing off on this post.  rtdirish -- that was just plain tacky.  Don't knock what MMS has done or what Burke has done.  You weren't there and you have no clue.  You bash those kids and coaches who probably busted their tails more than you ever could. 

I hope LCM finds who they are looking for and I hope this person has tough skin.  I like Burke and some of the others who's names have been listed.  Wish them all the best.  But I want no part in personally attacking the football players of Mauriceville or LC or making fun.  This has turned into a circus.

This is odd a middle school fan.................?????

I agree Panther Fan.  Attacking a successful program for being proud of their accomplishments is uncalled for.  Lets all remember that all programs are supposed to be about the kids and their success. To demean that is to tell those kids that hard work and winning doesn't matter to the so called fans out there.  Every kid on every winning MMS team deserves to be proud of their accomplishments and proud of their coach for bringing them to that point.  When a "fan" thinks it is their right to put that accomplishment down, then he or she is truly what is wrong with the whole thing---not the kids and certainly not Coach Burke.

I agree Panther Fan.  Attacking a successful program for being proud of their accomplishments is uncalled for.  Lets all remember that all programs are supposed to be about the kids and their success. To demean that is to tell those kids that hard work and winning doesn't matter to the so called fans out there.  Every kid on every winning MMS team deserves to be proud of their accomplishments and proud of their coach for bringing them to that point.  When a "fan" thinks it is their right to put that accomplishment down, then he or she is truly what is wrong with the whole thing---not the kids and certainly not Coach Burke.

LETS GET THIS out int the open

no one cares about Mauriceville middle school, ok

WE are talking about LCM HC    again HIGH SCHOOL NOT MIDDLE SCHOOL

blah, blah, blah, blah....    :'(              ::)

LETS GET THIS out int the open

no one cares about Mauriceville middle school, ok

WE are talking about LCM HC    again HIGH SCHOOL NOT MIDDLE SCHOOL

True, we are talking about high school...but it seems that folks like to make a big deal about where coach Burke has coached, and, in addition to that, belittle the young men that have played for him.  Stop complaining if it was the folks such as yourself that made a big deal about it first.

Seriously, the people making a big deal about coach Burke being a junior high coach are the ones who don't want to be made fun of in the lunchrooms of their particular workplaces.  They want to show off about their kid and his "D-1 potential", and they want to show off about the high powered coach their school hired.  If coach Burke were to get hired, these thin skinned fans would hide out in the bathroom during their lunch hour to avoid all the Injun, Redbird, Pony, and Mad Dog fans they work with...

I see it differently...if coach Burke were to get hired...and have a winning season,...I'd come up to them and tell 'em how my former middle school coach outfoxed their high priced experienced coach...

If coach Burke is not the one, my choice would be coach Bolton...have seen him work with the players in years past...

The reason that MMS and LCJH quit playing was exactly what someone else has already posted.  MMS always brought their 8th grade to play the LCJH 7th grade and after they administered a but whipping to a bunch of 7th graders, LC always had to here about how MMS whipped them.  There is and has always been animosity between the two towns, David decided it would be better not to play at all than to have this take place every year, it just created more problems down the line with the kids. 

As far as having to JHs goes the main reason PNG and NED are successful is because both of their JHs are as big as a 4a JH, MMS and LCJH are not even close to that size, it would help them compete at a higher level if they were combined,as someone else stated they could be competitive against the teams they will play in HS. 

The reason that you will not get a MMS schedule is because for the longest 8th grade always played 7th grade A and 7th played 7th grade B. 

Guest jackbquick

I named a small list a few pages back. I never said varsity coaches had no impact on these kids. I just don't know why everyone wants to discredit MMS players and coaches. But I have said my last on this thread, I will not argue with someone using a username. I coached at MMS for 3 years,I know the caliber of kids and their level of play.If major d1 schools is your only accepted why of judging a program alot of great high school teams must not mean anything to you because there have been some great ones who didn't produce one d1 player.Larry Brister,signing off :)

No reason to get so defensive, just asking a question Mr. Brister.I really was curious about the college athletes that have come from there, I always seem to go ,wow, when I find out about where local college athletes have come from.  I don't think most people are discrediting or bashing MMS coaches and players they are just wanting more info on this coach as I believe his name has been brought up alot by some very obvious MMS backers. As for me judging a program based on the amount of college players is rediculous, I never said that.I too am an avid football fan and agree that there are many successful programs that do not put out many D1 college football players as there is also many programs that put out many D1 players and never consistently make the playoffs. This was a question to a statement made by you : (MMS has asked to play LCJH ever year. It's funny how a small school that has produced so many college players and varsity starters keeps getting jumped on for not preparing players. )  So I guess the admin does not want to do what the jr highs want to do which is play each other or are you saying that LCJH does not want to play MMS. 

LCM needs to find someone with varsity experience to take the lead as head football coach.  However, they will still need to find someone who has good AD qualities as well.  Just because someone is football minded or has been successful doesn't mean they have that good balance of both qualities.  I think we have already seen that with Moody.  As far as bringing in Burke, he has no varsity experience, they already been down that road with Moody as well. One name that has not been mentioned who is a hard worker on the staff, has lots of experience and the kids love and respect him is Coach Parsons.  I say if they hire from within look at the assistants already at the varsity level, there are alot of qualified guys there who the kids respect and love.  On another note if Crouch leaves WOS to go to LCM, I think he would do a great job and maybe bring some of that hard nose mentality over to LCM and make something happen.  Good luck LCM in your search for and AD/HC!

Guest rykerx144

I dont know if Alvarez would be a good fit or LCM because he does not do well with politics!  He is coach who believes in discipline, working hard, playing the kids he thinks will do the best job, not the kids whos parents have the best jobs!  I dont think LCM is ready for this type of coach!!

I dont know if Alvarez would be a good fit or LCM because he does not do well with politics!  He is coach who believes in discipline, working hard, playing the kids he thinks will do the best job, not the kids whos parents have the best jobs!  I dont think LCM is ready for this type of coach!!

If they are not ready for that type coach, they are not ready to win.

Guest stircrazy

That is just what is needed. I do not think that MOST of the parents would mind someone like that however there would be a few that would complain to the SUP. That is when she should put the PARENTS in their place and not back down from them. Little johnny or little suzie are tougher then you give them credit for PARENTS, just let them play and you sit in the stands and enjoy. If they quit then tough, nobody said it should be FAIR or EASY. Thats Life, TUFF!

That is just what is needed. I do not think that MOST of the parents would mind someone like that however there would be a few that would complain to the SUP. That is when she should put the PARENTS in their place and not back down from them. Little johnny or little suzie are tougher then you give them credit for PARENTS, just let them play and you sit in the stands and enjoy. If they quit then tough, nobody said it should be FAIR or EASY. Thats Life, TUFF! YEA!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476