LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

There sure is NO noise coming out of the Bear Cave lately. Any news? If any please don't mention any coaches names schools are fine.  I don't want to see this topic get locked. JMO but I think they should start making a move like a few other schools from Jr. High to High School and yes I have watched both this year several times.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There sure is NO noise coming out of the Bear Cave lately. Any news? If any please don't mention any coaches names schools are fine.  I don't want to see this topic get locked. JMO but I think they should start making a move like a few other schools from Jr. High to High School and yes I have watched both this year several times.

There is an order to politics...everything has to run it's course. 

Surely, a change will be made sooner rather than later.  The players put forth the effort.  But, this season was tough. 

There is no reason to wait.  The powers that be need to step up and make the move now.  Another season like this one will put the program back for years to come.     

Maybe they should use whatever order PNG used to get it done........now. They made their move in a hurry.

Oh no you dont! we dont want him, the job posting should be out soon and statewide

They dont need to drag their feet on hiring someone. The new coach needs time to get acclimated. When Nederland hired Bobby August, the first time the players met him was the day befor 2-a-days started.

MISTAKE!

Don't remind me!  ::)

Maybe they should use whatever order PNG used to get it done........now. They made their move in a hurry.

;D You are wise beyond your years. 

Maybe Matt Burnett is smarter than he is given credit for and took it upon himself to make the process go as smoothly as he could for the school that he cares about.  He has certainly been a great coach at PNG and handled himself with class in his reassignment.  Apparently that's not "in the order of politics" everywhere.  ::)

Maybe Matt Burnett is smarter than he is given credit for and took it upon himself to make the process go as smoothly as he could for the school that he cares about.  He has certainly been a great coach at PNG and handled himself with class in his reassignment.  Apparently that's not "in the order of politics" everywhere.  ::)

Yea right,

I can see it now, the company you work for hires a young go getter that does your job better than you do and you go ahead and resign instead of letting the company run you off because you have loyalty for your employer.

Get real

LC-M's head coach applied for a position in Baytown at this time last year. This man does not want to be at LC-M.  The kids have lost support from the community and in turn the community has lost respect for the program. I say get rid of the young fresh out of college coaches that would rather be your friend than your coach. Lets see some old fashion tough coaches come in and restore the type of environment these kids respond to. You start wanting to play hard for your coach, then its wears off on everyone. Before you know it, your to playing for your team and the community with a sense of pride. BEAR PRIDE !!!

He would be a great one for LCM. If they could get him and let him coach.

LCM needs a hard nose coach who doesn't take any crap from anybody and who establishes respect in the beginning.  Someone who can bring in a good work ethic and not expect anything less.  Of course, this type of coach has to have the backing of the community and the people who hire him.  Good luck LCM in finding a new leader, we need it.

Not only is there a problem with the AD at LCM there is a problem with the Queen (Superintendent) and her court.  They're the ones that passed on hiring Crouch or Owens, instead they hire an unknown who coached at a middle school in West Texas.  I firmly believe that not only the AD needs to go, the Superintendent needs to go as well.

Not only is there a problem with the AD at LCM there is a problem with the Queen (Superintendent) and her court.  They're the ones that passed on hiring Crouch or Owens, instead they hire an unknown who coached at a middle school in West Texas.  I firmly believe that not only the AD needs to go, the Superintendent needs to go as well.

;D ;D  yep

Yea right,

I can see it now, the company you work for hires a young go getter that does your job better than you do and you go ahead and resign instead of letting the company run you off because you have loyalty for your employer.

Get real

Research it yourself, but that's fairly close to what happened except in this case the employer was loyal to the employee (in a way).  Burnett went to school at PNG and played football at PNG during some of their glory days of the 70's.  He went on to coach at PNG for 15 years and was successful for the majority of those years.  Now the community wants a change and Matt Burnett stepped aside without a lot of commotion.  The SCHOOL DISTRICT decided to give him the option of being reassigned (to pretty sweet postion if you ask me) or look for another coaching position.

This situation has ABSOLUTLY ZERO parallels to the LCM situation!  LCM needs a change no matter who's toes are stepped on to get there.

My main point is that I just thought this was a very classy move by the PNG school district and the Port Neches - Groves communities.

A district's success is not based only on the success of it's football season. The leadership has done good job maintaining a district with a good reputation in most every area except the recent football seasons. I feel the leadership will do what's in the best interest of the district. One thing is for sure; once the smoke clears, they will still have their critics.

A district's success is not based only on the success of it's football season. The leadership has done good job maintaining a district with a good reputation in most every area except the recent football seasons. I feel the leadership will do what's in the best interest of the district. One thing is for sure; once the smoke clears, they will still have their critics.

Correct, but the district is on the decline if nothing else just the great teachers they are loosing due to $. Disipline as a whole is also getting worse. You know, dont want to make waves or rock the boat.

Correct, but the district is on the decline if nothing else just the great teachers they are loosing due to $. Disipline as a whole is also getting worse. You know, dont want to make waves or rock the boat.

The board and admin approved an impressive pay increase this year which shows their effort to address the salary concerns. Quite a challenge with a limited tax base. While some good teachers may have moved on, there are many excellent teachers still in place, not to mention good new teachers that are taking their place.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012