LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

I think if the Parents and Polictics ould have left Moody alone he would have done fine. They were a dropped pass away from the playoffs a couple of years ago.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand that all sports are important.  I was that other sport guy.  I am just answering responses on the football aspect.  It is crazy for a head coach of any sport to have to teach more than 4 classes in a 7 period day.  I think most AD's (or at least the ones I have been around) are very supportive of all sports.  A coach that is AD/HFC that goes 2-8 or 3-7 year in and year out will lose their job no matter how good of an AD they are.  That is reality and we all know that going in. 

bellison

At LCM the head boys baseball coach, the head boys soccer coach, the head boys basketball coach, the head girls basketball coach, and the head girls soccer coach all teach 4 classes in a 4 class period day one day, then 3 classes in 4 class period day the next day.  

According to your post that is crazy.

I think if the Parents and Polictics ould have left Moody alone he would have done fine. They were a dropped pass away from the playoffs a couple of years ago.

I can't agree with you here. There were many mistakes made. He is gone, so I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I don't believe he had a chance of turning it around.

2009 might have been his year. i for one would love to have what lc-m has comming back and the kids know the program. but it over history as people say .no more looking back,the people won out now lets see what the futcher has in store for lc-m,and i  hope it will look bright in the years to come

In Texas, Football is the most important sport because it is the sport that brings in the revenue that funds most of the other sports. Basketball is next, but no school can support and athletic program off of the few hundred fans that show up for baseball, softball, or track meet. I am a baseball man, but it is not treated as a first line high school sport at many schools. Many of the ones that do treat baseball as a major sport are the ones who usually play past the district schedule.

I believe this to be a very common misconception.  A couple of years ago one of the local papers posted some of the athletic budgets for various team sports in the area. I don't remember what our baseball team's was exactly but it was somewhere under 3,000. I would think they generate more gate than that easy. Also football may generate the most gate, but it is also considerably the most expensive sport to operate I would think. I would say most football programs use up most of their own gate and rightfully so. The biggest supporter of highschool athletic budgets is the TAX BASE not a particular sport.

This thread is so sad!! First LC-M parents and Politics ran David Williams off !! Then when they didn't The Coach they(Parents and Politics) wanted. So they began the process of running  Coach Moody off !! I can remember Coach Moody's first year,I took my son to LC-M's football camp that year and the assistant coaches where already bashing Coach Moody. Keep in mind LC-M your job of AD/ Head football coach is not desirable......because of the parents and politics. The only way you can fix LC-M's problem is find the source of bad politics(Cancer) and REMOVE it from your school...... and the cancer knows who they are!!!!! TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!  

This post is so sad!! First LC-M parents and Politics ran David Williams off !! Then when they didn't The Coach they(Parents and Politics) wanted. So they began the process of running  Coach Moody off !! I can remember Coach Moody's first year,I took my son to LC-M's football camp that year and the assistant coaches where already bashing Coach Moody. Keep in mind LC-M your job of AD/ Head football coach is not desirable......because of the parents and politics. The only way you can fix LC-M's problem is find the source of bad politics(Cancer) and REMOVE it from your school...... and the cancer knows who they are!!!!! TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!  

name me one coach that was here this year or last year that was at that football camp you took your son to...can't do it can you!!!  Now name the common factor of these posts....a little easier for you?

almost every coach he brought in has left him...every coach that tried to stick it out with him left him...

This is about football. Period. Done. Get a footbal coach, I don't care if he is the AD. Get the very best football coach. Better yet, get me the very best football coaches. This is Texas, football is king and should be treated like so. These threads for LCM start out so promising but then turn into a he said she said, booh hooh pile of monkey crap. No wonder we haven't been to the playoffs in almost 10 years and I wouldn't be surprised at the beginning of next season if we have a mediocre coach because like someone said earlier, "it is not a desirable position", "parents and politics." Pathetic.

WOW...this is crazy......Yes, if the head coaches at LC-M are teaching 3 classes in a 4 period day, that is absolutely rediculous.  In fact, it is against the law.  When is their planning period?  If their planning period is the athletic period, some coach is assigned to the athletic class.  If the school is in that bad of shape that they cannot hire enough teachers to teach and allow the coaches into the athletic periods, you got bigger problems than football.  I am not trying to bash LC-M or say do this or do that.  I am just expressing my opinion about what can be done to attract a quality coach.  This is not just something LC-M would have to do, it is any school.  You can take it or leave it, it doesn't matter to me if you agree with me or not.  But I (and a lot of others on this board can tell you) know what I am talking about.

WOW...this is crazy......Yes, if the head coaches at LC-M are teaching 3 classes in a 4 period day, that is absolutely rediculous.  In fact, it is against the law.  When is their planning period?  If their planning period is the athletic period, some coach is assigned to the athletic class.  If the school is in that bad of shape that they cannot hire enough teachers to teach and allow the coaches into the athletic periods, you got bigger problems than football.  I am not trying to bash LC-M or say do this or do that.  I am just expressing my opinion about what can be done to attract a quality coach.  This is not just something LC-M would have to do, it is any school.   You can take it or leave it, it doesn't matter to me if you agree with me or not.  But I (and a lot of others on this board can tell you) know what I am talking about.

I'm not going to get into whether if is rediculous or not but it is not against the law.  In a 4 period block schedule schools are only required to give  a conference every other day. 

If LCM wants  a quality head football coach then they need to keep the AD position tied to it. 

All head coaches are in 3 athletice periods.  They teach 4 total classes out of 8, they have varisty athletics everyday.  They get a conference period and are in freshman athletics every other day.  Not too bad of a schedule.  Once in a blue moon they may teach 5 classes and not be in the freshman athletic period, but not now.  Get your facts straight.

Thanks sixman....I sorta figured that was a little off......The law is 45 minutes a day or 90 minutes every other day......Athletics should not count as the coach's off period......I do not know how it is set up and really don't care to be honest with you.....Again, I was just stating what it would take to get a quality AD/HFC in there......That is all

This is about football. Period. Done. Get a footbal coach, I don't care if he is the AD. Get the very best football coach. Better yet, get me the very best football coaches. This is Texas, football is king and should be treated like so. These threads for LCM start out so promising but then turn into a he said she said, booh hooh pile of monkey crap. No wonder we haven't been to the playoffs in almost 10 years and I wouldn't be surprised at the beginning of next season if we have a mediocre coach because like someone said earlier, "it is not a desirable position", "parents and politics." Pathetic.

There's a lot of truth to this post.  Now is a chance for LCM to move forward, but many people can't get over "personal issues" of the past and continue to turn these posts into a whiners board.  The focus of the LCM community should remain on finding a quality coach.

This was all I was trying to address......If you want a quality football guy(s), you have to make it a great deal......there is something to be said for experience and age......To work through the politics of LC-M takes a lot of character, diplomacy, and tact.....They need to hire someone that knows how to manage that type of situation as well as be an x's and o's guy......those folks are in high demand and you get what you pay for.....

I would like to see someone like Coach Crouch or Coach Alveraz,

Coach Crouch applied four years ago and is back trying again so he is not scared of Politics or Parents, and Coach Alveraz also applied and is back again, look what he did or is doing at Kirbyville.

I would like to see someone like Coach Crouch or Coach Alveraz,

Coach Crouch applied four years ago and is back trying again so he is not scared of Politics or Parents, and Coach Alveraz also applied and is back again, look what he did or is doing at Kirbyville.

This is a misconception about Alvarez, he did not apply before.  He was contacted by LCM officials and he was not interested.  There was quite a stir in Kirbyville when everyone thought he applied.  It came out in the papers that he never pursued the job and that he did not want to be considered.  I highly doubt he will pursue it. 

There's a lot of truth to this post.  Now is a chance for LCM to move forward, but many people can't get over "personal issues" of the past and continue to turn these posts into a whiners board.  The focus of the LCM community should remain on finding a quality coach.

these types of posts are "which came first, the chicken or the egg" types of posts.  I'll acknowledge the dominance of football in Texas, but, until the HC produces a winning team, he can't afford to alienate the other sports as the AD.  Let's face it, another reality of high school sports is the HC/AD being one and the same.  At LCM, we have a baseball team that CONSISTENTLY goes to the playoffs, basketball teams that do the same, a softball program that can point to a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, female powerlifters that can point to STATE TITLES, cross country and track athletes that can point to STATE TITLES, and so on.  Other than a great run in '97 with David Williams as the HC, the Bear football program has suffered, even with the HC getting all he wanted.  I mean, seriously, no other sport has a giant screen on their playing field, heck, I don't think very many high schools have that. This past year was bad, because the Bears not only did not win, they were beaten badly.  This was the first no win season in the school's history, based on the research done by a member on this forum.  This being the case, a HC will have a tough row to hoe at LCM.  The man who takes it will have a brass set, because he will have to, to step into the mouth of the lion so to speak.  However, with the AD hat, he will have to give other sports their props, as they deserve.  In doing so, he starts to develop the support he needs, and his kids need to grow the program.  If you are moving forward, and you have the support of the community, it doesn't matter how many daddies are unhappy with you...everyone else will step up for you...

So you do not think Alverez will go from a 2a school to a 4a with all of the facilities and a opportunity to show just how good he is.....I think he will, word is that had alot to do with Kirbyville playing at LCM for the playoffs......a audition if you will.

i may be wrong and this is all speculation but it makes for great communication on a web page.

lol  just ask david williams.this man gave it his heart and soul to the lc-m program ans see what he got.there is a BIG problem at lc-m and it looks like it will not get eny better soon david was very well liked by the kids that played for him and to this day thay will tell you so he was the best, he knows his stuff. in closeing  i for one wish williams was still the HC and as for the OC at west orange you better pay good my friends this coach will not come cheep and he dont like daddys are outsiders  come around and be a two face with him he will send u to the house

lol  just ask david williams.this man gave it his heart and soul to the lc-m program ans see what he got.there is a BIG problem at lc-m and it looks like it will not get eny better soon david was very well liked by the kids that played for him and to this day thay will tell you so he was the best, he knows his stuff. in closeing  i for one wish williams was still the HC and as for the OC at west orange you better pay good my friends this coach will not come cheep and he dont like daddys are outsiders  come around and be a two face with him he will send u to the house

tell 'em skip... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0