LCM list of coaching applicants completed/INTERVIEWS FRI. SAT.

DP#1FAN

IMO...Alvarez can go to any level and coach. It has nothing to do with the size of the school..honestly..thats just more kids to choose from. He's use to having to go to the same kids that play both sides of the ball..in a larger school, this shouldnt happen. And Alvarez hasnt always coached a 2A team as some are implying. Kville was a 3A school up until this last year. So 5A shouldnt be a prob for him. What turns a program around is believing in your coach. And kids, community of Kirbyville definetely support and believe in Alvarez. He came in when we were just a horrible team, and turned us into State Finalists. Believe what you want, but He's the man for the job at any level!!! He will be greatly missed if he leaves, but I'm sure Kirbyville will find someone just as good to take his spot...hint hint...***BARBAY***...wishful thinking at least!!!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if you remember HE (moody) DID NOT HAVE ANY TIES TO LC-M!!!!!!!!!!

Some coaches just don't know how to get kids excited for the football program. I  would hire somebody that has the blueprint on how to win championships, not necessarily base it on hc experience or LC-M ties.  Obviously the way it's been done at LC-M hasn't worked, so I would get somebody from the outside. 

I can respond to your question..as for as the other sports in kville..the Varsity Girls Volleyball were District Champs this year, basketball and baseball are ok..just very young, and Varsity Tennis has dominated District every year. Tennis in Kirbyville is WELL KNOWN around the state if you know what I mean! Football is not the only sport in Kirbyville. Dont forget Softball was huge a few years back..State Champs!!! So Alvarez cares about all sports, yes hes a FOOTBALL GUY, but he truly looks out for everyone.

As of Friday, Bolton was the only one they have interviewed.  They are still doing thorough reviews of the candidates and doing a great job of it.  They really want to do this the right way...I commend them for their efforts.

Heard nothing but positive things about Coach Bolton.

BigPoppa

LC-M CISD on schedule to hire AD

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

“The ultimate recommendation comes from the superintendent and a school board committee,†Armstrong said. “ It is normal to have an interview committee and then make a recommendation. We sure hope to be on schedule.â€

Armstrong also reported there have been no interviews for the position at this time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012